Sweden Riots Over Quran Burnings 2022 : Key Points List To Know – Medical attention was needed after clashes erupted after police and protesters burned the Koran after three people in the Swedish city of Norkoping were hit by police bullets, which led to riots in several Swedish cities over the Easter weekend.
In some places, counter-protesters attacked the police ahead of planned right-wing extremist demonstrations. Prime Minister Magdalena Anderson has condemned the violence. In an online statement, the police said, “It appears that three people were hit by ricochet and are now undergoing treatment in the hospital. All the three injured have been arrested on suspicion of crime. ”
Police said the situation in Norkoping was calm on Sunday evening. Police and protesters have been engaged in serious clashes in the past few days where several policemen have been injured and several vehicles have been set on fire. The violence erupted on Thursday after a demonstration organised by Rasmus Paludan, the leader of Denmark’s far-right political party Hard Line. Paludan, which was allowed a series of demonstrations across Sweden during the Easter weekend, is known for burning the Koran. World Heritage Day 2022 :18 April 2022, List Of Key Points To Know
The Quran burning event by Stram Kurs :
- The chief of the Danish anti-immigration party, Rasmus Paludan, had announced to burn a copy of the Quran in the Muslim-dominated neighbourhood of Linkoping.
- While a large mob of 200 odd Muslims had gathered to protest against the act of ‘blasphemy’, Stram Kurs chief went ahead and set the book ablaze.
- This Was The Main Reason Of Sweden Riots.
Sweden Riots Over Quran Burnings 2022 : About Sweden
Sweden (officially, the Kingdom of Sweden) is divided into 21 counties (Ian) and 290 municipalities (kommuner). In alphabetical order, these counties are:
- Blekinge, Dalarna, Gavleborg, Gotland, Halland, Jamtland, Jonkoping, Kalmar, Kronoberg, Norrbotten, Orebro, Ostergotland, Skane, Sodermanland, Stockholm, Uppsala, Varmland, Vasterbotten, Vasternorrland, Vastmanland and Vastra Gotaland
Key Facts :
- With an area of 450,295 sq. km, Sweden is the largest country in Northern Europe According To Latest Data.
- It is also the 5th largest country in Europe and the 3rd largest country in EU.
- Stockholm – the capital, the largest and the most populous city of Sweden.
- Sweden is a Northern European country located on the Scandinavian Peninsula.
- It is situated both in the Northern and Eastern hemispheres of the Earth.
Sweden is bordered by 3 countries:
- By Finland in the east.
- By Norway in the north and west.
- By Denmark in the southwest (via a bridge-tunnel through Oresund Strait).
- It is bounded by the Gulf of Bothnia and the Baltic Sea in the east and south and by the Skagerrak and Kattegat straits in the southwest.
Sweden shares its maritime borders with :
- Germany, Denmark, Poland, Russia, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia