Saraswati Samman Winners List (1991-2022) – Latest Updated List – Saraswati Samman is an annual award for outstanding prose or poetry literacy works in any Indian language (22 languages) listed in Schedule VII of the Constitution of India.
- The Saraswati Samman was established by the KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
- Initially, this award includes Rs. 10 lakhs, a citation, and a plaque. Now the prize money has increased to Rs. 15 lakh.
- It is named after mother Saraswati, an Indian goddess of knowledge.
- For the winners of Saraswati Samman, the candidates are selected by a panel from one of the literary works published in the last ten (10) years which includes scholars and former awardees.
- The first award was given toHarivansh Rai Bachchan for his four-volume autobiography, Kya Bhooloon Kya Yaad Karoon, Needa Ka Nirman Phir, Basere Se Door, and Dashdwar se Sopan Tak.
So far, 31 awardees have been honoured with Saraswati Samman for their work in different languages. Recently, Hindi writer “Prof. Ramdarsh Mishra” was honoured with saraswati samman for 2021 for his collection of poems ‘In Toh Here Hoon’ on April 7, 2022.
Saraswati Samman Winners List (1991-2022) – Latest Updated List
|2021||Prof Ramdarash Mishra||“‘Mein to Yahan Hun”||Hindi|
|2020||Sharankumar Limbale||“Sanatan” (Novel)||Marathi|
|2019||Vasdev Mohi||“Chequebook” (Short Story Series)||Sindhi|
|2018||K Siva Reddy||“Pakkaki Ottigilite” (Poetry)||Telugu|
|2017||Sitanshu Yashaschandra||“Vakhar”(Poetry collection)||Gujarati|
|2015||Padma Sachdev||“Chitt Chete”(Autobiography)||Dogri|
|2014||Veerappa Moily||“Ramayana Mahanveshanam”
|2013||Govind Mishra||“Dhool Paudho Par”(Novel)||Hindi|
|2011||A. A. Manavalan||“Irama Kathaiyum Iramayakalum”||Tamil|
|2010||S. L. Bhyrappa||“Mandra”||Kannada|
|2009||Surjit Paatar||“Lafzan Di Dargah”||Punjabi|
|2008||Lakshmi Nandan Bora||“Kayakalpa”(Novel)||Assamese|
|2007||Naiyer Masud||“Taoos Chaman Ki Myna”(Short stories collection)||Urdu|
|2006||Jagannath Prasad Das||“Parikrama”(Poetry collection)||Oriya|
|2005||K. Ayyappa Panicker||“Ayyappa Panikarude Kritikal”(Poetry collection)||Malayalam|
|2004||Sunil Gangopadhyay||“Pratham Alo”(Novel)||Bengali|
|2003||Govind Chandra Pande||“Bhagirathi”(Poetry collection)||Sanskrit|
|2001||Dalip Kaur Tiwana||“Katha Kaho Urvashi”(Novel)||Punjabi|
|2000||Manoj Das||“Amruta Phala”(Novel)||Oriya|
|1998||Shankha Ghosh||“Gandharba Kabita Guccha”(Poetry collection)||Bengali|
|1996||Shamsur Rahman Faruqi||“She r e Shor Angez”||Urdu|
|1995||Balamani Amma||“Nivedyam”(Poetry collection)||Malayalam|
|1994||Harbhajan Singh||“Rukh Te Rishi”(Poetry collection)||Punjabi|
|1992||Ramakant Rath||“Sri Radha”(Poetry)||Odia|
|1991||Harivansh Rai Bachchan||“Kya Bhooloon KyaYaad Karoon”, “Needa Ka Nirman Phir”,
“Basere Se Door” and
“Dashdwar se Sopan Tak”.
(Autobiography in four volumes)
Q.Who won the 2021 Saraswati Samman?
- Hindi writer “Prof Ramdarash Mishra“awarded Saraswati Samman for 2021 for his collection of poems “Mein to Yahan Hun”.
Q.Who won the 2020 Saraswati Samman?
- Marathi witter Sharankumar Limbale won Saraswati Samman in 2020 for his book Sanatan.
Q.Who was awarded the first Saraswati Samman?
- The first Saraswati Samman was given to Harivansh Rai Bachchan for his autobiography.