Omicron XE Variant Symptoms, Severity, Treatment, Cases In India – Mumbai is the first city to report a case of the omychron XE variant, in the UK, the XE variant was discovered and is a mutation of the B.1 and B.2 strains of omychrone. The WHO is currently tracking the XE mutation as part of the omicron variant. Micron symptoms can include fever, sore throat, sore throat, cough and cold, skin irritation and discoloration, gastrointestinal distress and dry cough.
India has detected its first case of coronavirus variant XE from Mumbai amid concerns over the nature of the new variant. Patients with the new variant have not shown any serious symptoms so far. XE is a combination of or recombinant of both sub-types of Omicron (BA.1 and BA.2). The Union Health Ministry said the current evidence does not suggest the presence of the XE variant of Covid while denying media reports of the first case of new mutants in Mumbai.
According to the preliminary studies, the XE variant has a growth rate of 9.8 percent compared to BA.2, also known as the stealth version due to its ability to evade detection. The World Health Organization has said that the latest mutant may be more transmitted than the previous one.
What is the News?
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation(BMC) has announced that a woman with a travel history to South Africa may have been infected with the newly-discovered ‘XE’ variant of the coronavirus.
What is the XE Variant of Coronavirus?
- The omychron variant, which accounts for more than 90% of the infections detected in 2022, has two major sub-types, called BA.1 and BA.2.
- The XE variant is called ‘recombinant‘. This means that it contains mutations found in the Omicron of ba.1 as well as ba.2 varieties.
Recombinant variants are not uncommon.
For example :
- Variants with specific mutations of delta and omicron have also been identified.
- It was first discovered in the United Kingdom in January 2022, and so far more than 600 samples of XE have been found in various countries.
- In fact, variants with specific mutations of delta and omicron have also been identified.
Is there a Threat from XE?
- So far, there is no evidence to show that the Xe variant is significantly different from other varieties of omicron.
- However, this variant is considered to be about 10% more permeable than the major BA.2 variant.
- In India, it was ba.2 that was the most impressive during the third wave.
- Yet, a new wave of infections in India can never be ruled out, given that the virus has not been wiped out, and the mutation is happening too. Coronavirus Pdf | Corona Cases In India Till Today 9 April
How are New Variants Formed?
- When a virus multiplies it does not always manage to make an exact copy of itself. This means that, over time, the virus may begin to vary slightly in terms of its genetic sequence.
Any changes in the viral genetic sequence during this process are known as mutations.
- Viruses with new mutations are sometimes called variants. Variants may differ by one or several mutations.
- When a new variant has different functional properties of the original virus and is established in the population, it is sometimes referred to as the new strain of the virus.
- All strains are different, but not all types are strains.