List Of Top 15 Fastest Trains Available In India 2022 – Latest List – In India, all the fastest trains available are known as express trains. Unlike other trains in India, express trains make a small number of stops, usually the prime destination. This allows faster service than local trains that stop at most or all stations on their route. Limited stops for express trains make them achieve the highest speed of any train in India. The speed of these express trains has been calculated from the latest Indian Railways timetable.
Here is the list of the top fastest trains in India that are known for their fastest speed in 2022. Speed of the train km/hr it is given in the hour.
List Of Top 15 Fastest Trains Available In India 2022 – Latest List
|No.||Train Name||Category||Max Speed (Km/hr)||Avg Speed (Km/hr)|
|1||Vande Bharat Express Train 18||Train 18||180||96.8|
|2||Delhi – Jhansi Gatimaan Express||Gatimaan Express||160||91|
|3||New Delhi Habibganj Shatabdi Express||Shatabdi Express||150||89|
|4||Bandra Rajdhani Express||Rajdhani Express||150||97.8|
|5||Sealdah – New Delhi Duronto Express||Duronto Express||135||85|
|6||Delhi Airport Metro Express||Delhi Metro||132||95|
|7||Howrah – Anand Vihar Yuva Express||Yuva Express||130||82|
|8||Howrah Rajdhani Express||Rajdhani Express||130||85|
|9||Howrah Ranchi Shatabdi Express||Shatabdi Express||130||74|
|10||Bandra Terminus Hazrat Nizamuddin Garib Rath Express||Garib Rath||130||82|
|11||Mumbai Central – Ahmedabad Double Decker Express||Double Decker||130||69|
|12||Visakhapatnam – New Delhi AP Express||Andhra Pradesh Express||130||76|
|13||Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Hazrat Nizamuddin AC Express||AC Express||120||76|
|14||Patna – Mumbai CST Suvidha Superfast Express||Suvidha||110||63|
|15||Maharashtra Sampark Kranti Express||Sampark Kranti Express||110||69|
|16||Kota Hazrat Nizamuddin Jan Shatabdi Express||Jan Shatabdi||110||71|
- India doesn’t have any railways with operational speeds exceeding 200 km/h (120 mph).
- Trains classified as High-Speed Rail (HSR) exceed the speed of 200 km/h by international standards.
- Trains in the future with top speeds of 250–300 km/h will be available in India by 2040.
- The current fastest train in India is the Vande Bharat Express
- Train 18 also popularly known as Train 18 with an operational speed of 160 km/h (99 mph) and an average speed of 100 km/h (62 mph).
- Time Magazine List Of World Greatest Places – Top 50 Places