List of states where women have more sexual partners than men – The National Family Health Survey showed that women have had more sexual partners than men in at least 11 states in the country. However, men overtook women to have sex with people who were not their spouses or live-in partners. The number of female respondents in this category was 4 per cent while women were only 0.5 per cent.
The National Family Health Survey was conducted among 1.1 lakh women and 1 lakh men. This showed that many states and UTs had a higher number of sex partners on average for women than men. Rajasthan tops the list with an average of 3.1 sex partners as against 1.8 for men.
Here’s the list: Rajasthan, Haryana, Chandigarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Madhya Pradesh, Assam, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Puducherry and Tamil Nadu. The survey was conducted in 707 districts across 28 states and eight union territories of the country between 2019-21.
List of states where women have more sexual partners than men
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu.
The National Family Health Survey :
- The National Family Health Survey (NFHS) is an India-wide survey conducted by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- NFHS Do Survey with the International Institute for Population Sciences serving as the nodal agency.
- In 1992-93, the first round of the National Family Health Survey was conducted in three phases.
- Technical assistance for the NFHS was provided mainly by ICF (USA) and other organizations on specific issues.
- The funding for different rounds of NFHS has been provided by USAID, DFID, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, UNICEF, UNFPA, and MOHFW, GOI.
- ColorOS 13 Supported Devices List – Features List, Updates List
The main objective of the survey was :
- To collect reliable and up-to-date information on fertility, family planning, mortality, and maternal and child health.
- Subsequently, four other rounds conducted between 1998 to 2015.