List Of Indian Prime Ministers ( 1947-2022 ) With Photo, Tenure, Salary Pdf – The Prime Minister of India is the head of the ruling central government. All effective executive power is with the Council of Ministers headed by the Prime Minister (Prime Minister). Article 78 of the Indian Constitution specifies the duties of the Prime Minister of India. The PM acts as a link between the President and the Cabinet while discharging his duties.
Rajiv Gandhi was the youngest Prime Minister of India ever to be elected after the assassination of the previous PM Mrs. Indira Gandhi by her own bodyguards. The Nehru-Gandhi family has served as the Prime Minister of India for a total of 37 years and 303 days. In 1996, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee was elected as the Indian Prime Minister and he stayed for only 16 days which is the shortest term ever. But, Atal Bihari Vajpayee became pm again in 1998 and served the country for 6 years and 64 days.
Since 1947, India has had 15 Prime Ministers. Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India. The full list of Prime Ministers of India from 1947 to 2022 is given below.
List Of Indian Prime Ministers ( 1947-2022 ) With Photo, Tenure, Salary
|S.N.||Name||Born-Dead||Term of office||Remark|
|1.||Jawahar Lal Nehru||(1889–1964)||15 August 1947-27 May 196416 years, 286 days||The first prime minister of India and the longest-serving PM of India, first to die in office.|
|2.||Gulzarilal Nanda (Acting)||(1898-1998)||27 May,1964 to 9 June 1964,13 days||First acting PM of India|
|3.||Lal Bahadur Shastri||(1904–1966)||9 June, 1964 to 11 January 19661 year, 216 days||He has given the slogan of ‘Jai Jawan Jai Kisan’ during Indo-Pak war of 1965|
|4.||Gulzari Lal Nanda (Acting)||(1898-1998)||January 11, 1966 – January 24, 196613 days||–|
|5.||Indira Gandhi||(1917–1984)||24 January 1966 to 24 March 197711 years, 59 days||First lady Prime Minister of India|
|6.||Morarji Desai||(1896–1995)||24 March 1977 – 28 July 1979 2 year, 126 days||Oldest to become PM @ 81 and first to resign from office|
|7.||Charan Singh||(1902–1987)||28 July 1979 to 14 January 1980170 days||Only PM who did not face the Parliament|
|8.||Indira Gandhi||(1917–1984)||14 Jan.1980 to 31 October 19844 years, 291 days||The first lady who served as PM for the second term|
|9.||Rajiv Gandhi||(1944–1991)||31 October 1984 to 2 December 19895 years, 32 days||Youngest to become PM @ 40 year|
|10.||V. P. Singh||(1931–2008)||2 December 1989 to 10 November 1990343 days||First PM to step down after a vote of no confidence|
|11.||Chandra Shekhar||(1927–2007)||10 November 1990 to 21 June 1991223 days||He belongs to Samajwadi Janata Party|
|12.||P. V. Narasimha Rao||(1921–2004)||21 June 1991 to 16 May 19964 years, 330 days||First PM from south India|
|13.||Atal Bihari Vajpayee||(1924- 2018)||16 May 1996 to 1 June 199616 days||PM for shortest tenure|
|14.||H. D. Deve Gowda||(born 1933)||1 June 1996 to 21 April 1997324 days||He belongs to Janata Dal|
|15.||Inder Kumar Gujral||(1919–2012)||21 April 1997 to 19 March 1998 332 days||——|
|16.||Atal Bihari Vajpayee||(1924-2018)||19 March 1998 to 22 May 2004 6 years, 64 days||The first non-congress PM who completed a full term as PM|
|17.||Manmohan Singh||(born 1932)||22 May 2004 to 26 May 2014 10 years, 4 days||First Sikh PM|
|18.||Narendra Modi||(born 1950)||26 May 2014, Incumbent||4th Prime Minister of India who served two consecutive tenures|
List Of Indian Prime Ministers ( 1947-2022 ) In Hindi Pdf Download
Download Pradhan Mantri List in Hindi from below link
- The Prime Minister of India is the head of the government.
- He is appointed by the President of India after the political party wins the general election and nominates a candidate for the post.
- The leader of that political party is then appointed as the Prime Minister of India.
- The first Prime Minister of India was appointed in 1947.
- In 2021, the Indian Prime Minister is Narendra Modi.
- Narendra Modi is the 15th Prime Minister of India (excluding the re-elected PMs).
- He is the 4th Prime Minister of India who would serve two consecutive terms as the Indian Prime Minister and the first Non-Congress Party Prime Minister who would complete two consecutive terms.
Some Important Facrs About Indian Prime Minister :
- Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India. He is also the longest-serving Prime Minister of India.
- Indira Gandhi was the first woman Prime Minister of India.
- Rajiv Gandhi was sworn in as the youngest Prime Minister of India.
- Manmohan Singh is the first Sikh Prime Minister of India.
- Narendra Damodardas Modi is the current Prime Minister (14th) of India.