HPSC HCS Prelims Exam Analysis 2021 Pdf | GS Paper & CSAT Paper : The first step to start with the preparation of HCS (Executive Branch) and Associated Services Examination is to get acquainted with the exam pattern, syllabus and marking scheme. This will help to find out how to study and what to read, making it easier to move forward with the preparation process. HPSC Haryana Civil Services Examination has been prepared on the lines of UPSC. The exam is a paper-based test in offline mode. There have been some minor changes in the examination format which have been discussed later in this article. Candidates should examine the previous year’s question papers to know about the type of questions asked. HPSC HCS Prelims Exam Analysis 2021 Pdf | GS Paper & CSAT Paper
Key Highlights : HPSC HCS Prelims Exam Analysis 2021 Pdf | GS Paper & CSAT Paper
|Exam Authority Name||Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC)|
|Name of exam||Haryana Civil Services (HCS) Prelims Exam 2021|
|Exam Date||12 September 2021|
HPSC HCS Selection Process 2021
The HCS exam has 3 stages for final selection, namely, Preliminary exam, Mains Exam, and Personal Interview. Candidates qualifying in the Preliminary exam will appear for Mains exam. Thereafter, candidates are called for an interview round and the final selection is done.
- Stage I – Preliminary test is only qualifying in nature and consists of two papers.
- Stage II – Mains exam has five papers to be attempted.
- Papers are objective as well as subjective in nature.
- For every incorrect answer, the aspirants will have marks deducted.
HPSC HCS Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
There will be two papers, each with 100 marks.
- Questions will be objective MCQ-based.
- Each paper will have to be completed within 2 hours.
- For every wrong answer, ¼th of marks, i.e. 0.25 will be deducted.
- Question papers will be asked in two languages, that is in Hindi and English.
|Paper||Subjects||Total no. Of Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|I||General Studies||100||100||2 hours|
As mentioned earlier, some changes have been approved in the exam pattern of HPSC HCS.
- HCS Paper 2 CSAT, the aptitude paper which was introduced in 2016, is now qualifying in nature.
- At least 33% of marks must be obtained in CSAT To Qualify.
- Provisional selection for Mains will be based on Paper I only, provided 33% is scored in Paper 2.
- Previously, the selection was based on the score procured in both papers.
HPSC HCS Mains Exam Pattern 2021
- A total of 5 papers have to be attempted by the candidates in the HCS Mains examination.
- The First 3 papers are compulsory in nature and Papers 4 & 5 are optional; candidates can choose the subjects for these two papers.
- Papers will have questions of conventional nature.
- Each paper will be for 3 hours.
- The Interview round worth 75 marks is also a part of this test.
- Final selection is made on the basis of marks scored out of 675.
|II||Hindi (in Devanagari script)||100|
|Total marks in Mains exam||600|
|Total marks in Mains + Personality Test||675|
HCS Exam Analysis 2021 Prelims Both GS & CSAT Paper
|Subjects||No. of questions in 2014|
|Haryana specific questions||To Be Updated|
|Physics||To Be Updated|
|Chemistry||To Be Updated|
|Biology||To Be Updated|
|Science & Technology||To Be Updated|
|Current Affairs – India & World (including schemes)||To Be Updated|
|Current Affairs – Haryana||To Be Updated|
|Static General Knowledge||To Be Updated|
|Modern History||To Be Updated|
|Medieval History||To Be Updated|
|Ancient History||To Be Updated|
|Art & Culture||To Be Updated|
|Physical Geography – India||To Be Updated|
|Human Geography – India||To Be Updated|
|Physical Geography – Conceptual & World Map||To Be Updated|
|Environment||To Be Updated|
|Agriculture||To Be Updated|
|Polity||To Be Updated|
|Economy||To Be Updated|
|Misc questions – Socio & Philosophy||To Be Updated|