G7 Countries List – GDP, Population, Area, Per Capita Income – The G7 is an informal forum of major industrialized countries, including Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Eu representatives always attend the annual meeting of the G7 Heads of State and Heads of Government. Its members are the world’s largest IMF advanced economies and the wealthiest liberal democracy. The group is officially organized around the shared values of pluralism and representative government.
About G7 Group :
- This group was formed in 1975, as the world had to face the first oil shocks and financial crisis.
- For the first time, six major industrialized countries met to discuss the global economy.
- The first meeting was an initiative of then-French President Valerie Giscard d’Staing and German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt and was held at the Château de Rambouillet, 50 kilometres southwest of Paris.
- Canada joined in 1976 and it became the group of 7 leading countries and when Russia joined in 1998, it became the group of 8 but in March 2014, Russia lost its membership after it annexed the crimea.
- The European Union (EU) has participated in the G7 since 1981 as a “non-enumerated” member, represented by presidents of the European Council.
- Top 10 Richest Country in the world 2022 By GDP – USA, China, India
G7 Countries List – GDP, Population, Area, Per Capita Income
|United States||Washington, DC.||334,805,269|
G7 Countries List : With Seniority
|Person||Office||In Office Since||Term Length|
|Justin Trudeau||Prime Minister of Canada||4 November 2015||6 years, 235 days|
|Emmanuel Macron||President of France||14 May 2017||5 years, 44 days|
|Boris Johnson||Prime Minister of the United Kingdom||24 July 2019||2 years, 338 days|
|Joe Biden||President of the United States||20 January 2021||1 year, 158 days|
|Mario Draghi||Prime Minister of Italy||13 February 2021||1 year, 134 days|
|Fumio Kishida||Prime Minister of Japan||4 October 2021||266 days|
|Olaf Scholz||Chancellor of Germany||8 December 2021||201 days|
What is G7? How many countries are in the list of G7 countries?
- The G7 is a term used to describe the “group of seven”, a coalition of seven countries that have the largest and most advanced economies in the world.
- The names of those 7 countries in the G7 group are the United States, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Canada and the European Union.
The G7 Summit 2022 was held in which country?
- Germany to host 48th G7 Summit 2022
When was the first G7 summit held?
- The first G7 summit was held in 1973 and includes only four countries, such as the United States, the United Kingdom, West Germany and France.
Is India part of the G-7 or the G-8?
- The G-8 includes the U.S., The United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and Russia, while the five countries are not part of the G7 countries, India, Brazil, China, Mexico and South Africa.
G7 Digital Trade Principles :
- It will govern cross-border data use and digital trade.
- The following issues are covered in the G7 Digital Trade Principles:
- Open digital markets
- Cross border data flows
- Safeguards for workers, consumers, and businesses
- Digital trading systems; and
- Fair and inclusive global governance
48th G7 Summit 2022 :
- Germany hosted 48th G7 Summit 2022