SSC Exam – SSC CGL, SSC CPO,SSC CHSL,SSC Junior Engineer – Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level Examination, often referred to as SSC CGL is an examination conducted to recruit staff to various posts in ministries, departments and organisations of the Government of India.
It is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for selecting staff for various Group B and Group C posts. The Staff Selection Commission was established in 1975.
Exam Pattern SSC CGL
Tier I: Preliminary
The Tier I exam consists of a written objective multiple-choice exam with four sections, covering the subjects of:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
The exam was typically scored with maximum 50 Marks per section for a total of 200 Marks. The latest versions of this exam such as with 2018 have been conducted online.
Based on results from Tier I, qualified candidates can then take the Tier II and Tier III exams
Tier II: Mains Exam
Also known as the Mains Exam, the Tier II exam consists of written objective multiple-choice exam, in four sections (also called “Papers”), covering the subjects of:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language and Comprehension
- General Studies, which is subdivided into:
- Finance & Accounting
- Economics & Governance.
The exam was typically scored with maximum 200 Marks per section. Most positions required the candidate to take only the first two sections (Paper-I: Quantitative Aptitude, Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension), but certain positions require the third or fourth section. The latest versions of this exam such as the 2018 edition have been conducted online.
Tier III exam: Descriptive Paper
A pen-and-paper “offline” exam in which candidates are to do writing in the form of essay writing and letter writing, and sometimes precise and application writing. The exam can be done in English or Hindi.
Tier IV exam: Data Entry Skill Test / Computer Proficiency Test
In 2016, a fourth tier was added with two possible exams depending on the positions applied:
- Data Entry Speed Test (DEST): candidates enter data at the rate of 2000 key presses in 15 minutes. This is mainly for positions such as Tax Assistant. (Central Excise & Income Tax)
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT): covering the topics of word processing, spreadsheets, and making slides.
Here is List Of All Articles and Posts Related To SSC Exams
- Male Post Preference SSC CGL PDF Download – SSC CGL 2021 October 15, 2020
- Top 300 Idioms And Phrases Pdf | Most Repeated In Exams April 15, 2020
- General Studies 2700 MCQs PDF Notes For SSC-CGL Download August 23, 2019
- Dr. Shalini Verma Common Errors English Book Pdf S.Chand Publication August 21, 2019
- 400 SSC CGL Chemistry Questions with Answers pdf |MCQ With Solution| August 4, 2019
- 400 SSC CGL Biology Questions with Answers pdf |MCQ With Solution| August 4, 2019
- SSC CGL Posts Details With Salary, Job Profile, Promotion, Preferences February 2, 2019
- SSC CGL Salary 2020 – SSC CGL monthly In hand salary details 2020 July 25, 2018
- KD Campus Mock Tests Compilation Pdf Download For SSC CGL tier 1 August 2, 2017