List of Fake Universities In India 2021 by UGC Pdf Download – UGC has declared 24 institutes fake and found two more in violation of norms . Uttar Pradesh has the highest eight such fake universities — Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi; Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad; Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Allahabad; National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur; Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Open University, Aligarh; Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Mathura; Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh and Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Noida.
What Is The Proper Definition Of University As Per UGC Law ?
As per Section 23 of the UGC Act, no institute must include the name ‘University’ unless they are established under central/ state/ provincial act (or) as per the process mentioned above. After a detailed inspection and survey, UGC figured out self-styled and unrecognized institutions that are functioning in contravention of the UGC Act in different parts of the country. Show cause and warning notices are issued to these institutes awarding invalid degrees in violation of the UGC Act, 1956.”
List of Fake Universities in India 2021 Pdf Download Full List
|Uttar Pradesh||Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya||Varanasi|
|Mahila Gram Vidyapith||Allahabad|
|Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith||Prayag|
|National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy||Kanpur|
|Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Open University||Aligarh|
|Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya||Mathura|
|Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya||Prataggarh|
|Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad||Noida|
|Union Territory||Commercial University Ltd|
|United Nations University|
|ADR Centric Juridicial University|
|Vishwakarma Open University for Self Employment and Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya|
|Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education||Puducherry|
|Odisha||Nababharat Shiksha Parishad||Rourkela|
|North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology||Baripada|
|West Bengal||Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine||Kolkata|
|Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research|
|Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society||Belagum|
|Maharashtra||Raja Arabic University||Nagpur|
|Andhra Pradesh||Christ New Testament Deemed University||Andhra Pradesh|
|Kerala||St. John’s University (Kerala)||Kishanattam|
- The above-mentioned universities have been officially declared as fake universities by UGC and they are not entitled to confer a degree.
- Students must not take seek admission to these fake universities.
- If any student has any doubts regarding the recognition of any university or college – you can also post your queries in our QnA section.
Download Fake Universities List 2021 By UGC In pdf Format From This Link – Fake Univerities Pdf
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs):
What is UGC?
- The University of Grants Commission (UGC) came into existence on 28th Dec. 1953 and become a statutory Organization of the Govt. of India by an Act of Parliament in 1956, for the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of teaching, examination and research in university education.
What is the meaning of fake university?
- A Higher Education Institution which has not been established as per UGC Act, 1956 and functioning in contravention of the UGC Act.
How does UGC declare an Institution as a fake University?
- On complaint or self cognizance the UGC 1st issues show cause notice to the unrecognized institution to get the exact status then conforms from the state/Local authorities for physical investigation / verification about the existence and functioning of the institute.
- Based on the facts the matter is brought to the notice of the Commission for final approval to include the name of Unrecognized institution in the UGC fake University list
How to check the genuineness of degree?
- First check the genuiness of the awardess institutions then match the degree with UGC notification.
Who will verify my degree?
- For verification of degree, you may directly approach the University.
- I have a degree from a foreign university. Who would give equivalency certificate?
- Equivalency is decided by Association of India Universities (AIU), Kotla Marg, New Delhi.