WBTET Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Papers | Books – The WBTET Study Material 2021 is released for the upcoming West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WB TET). The West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) has made available the WBTET Study Material in the form of a PDF file separately for Paper I and Paper II. The candidates must also check and be aware of the WBTET Study Material for both the papers. Candidates aspiring to work with the WBTET, as a Teacher, are advised to check more information related to WBTET Study Material given below:
WBTET Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Papers | Books
|Name of Exam||West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WBTET) Exam 2021|
|Organisation Name||Primary Education Board of West Bengal|
|Posts Offered||Primary & Upper Primary Teachers in Govt Schools|
|Type of Exam||Eligibility Test for Teachers|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Number of Questions||150 Questions|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Questions (MCQs)|
|Duration of Exam||1:30 Hours (90 Minutes)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Educational Qualifications||D.El.Ed or B.El.Ed|
WBTET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to appear for the WBTET need to make sure that they satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
Number of Attempts
- There is no provision of maximum attempts in the WB TET Eligibility Criteria 2021.
- However, the candidates who possess the minimum qualification as prescribed by the Board are allowed to appear for the examination.
WBTET Educational Qualification
- The candidates can refer to the below section for information on the WB TET Eligibility Criteria 2021 as for the educational qualification.
- The qualification is prescribed for both the Primary and Secondary teachers.
- The candidates are appealed to have an idea regarding the WB TET Eligibility Criteria 2021 and then apply for the examination.
Primary Teacher (Class 1 to 5)
- The candidate must have passed Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ei.Ed.)
- The candidate should have cleared Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed.)
- The aspirant must hold a Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and having Diploma in Education (Special Education), recognised by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- Graduation and a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ei.Ed.) is also applicable for the candidates who are applying.
Secondary Teacher (Class 6 to 8)
- The candidate must have cleared their B.Sc./ B.A. or equivalent education from a recognised university or college.
- The candidate should be having passed the B.Ed/ Secondary education exam with a minimum of 50% marks
- The applicant must have qualified the final four years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed)
- The candidates who are appearing in final two years B.Sc./ B.A./ Diploma in Education and clear the exam with at least 45% marks are also eligible to apply for the Paper-II of the WB TET examinations 2021.
WBTET Age Limits
There is no upper age limit for West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WB TET) 2021. However, all candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
Candidates who fall under Exempted Category, ST, OBC-B, SC, PH, DH (Death-in-harness), ex-servicemen, and OBC-A will have a relaxation of 5% marks in Higher Secondary or its equivalent.
According to the official WB TET Eligibility Criteria 2021, the candidates who are a permanent resident of West Bengal are always allowed to apply for the exam. The domiciles are also subjected to receive all the benefits of the reservation.
|Category of Candidate||WBTET Application Fees|
|General / Unreserved (UR)||Rs. 250/-|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Rs. 80/-|
|Scheduled Classes (SC)||Rs. 80/-|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs. 80/-|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||Rs. 80/-|
WBTET Selection Process
The WBTET Selection Process 2021 involves a written exam only. The exam has two papers for primary level and secondary level teachers.
- Paper I (Class 1 to 5) and
- Paper-II (Class 6 to 8).
The parameters by which candidates will be scored to fill the teaching vacancies in WBTET 2021 Recruitment is as follows:
|40% of marks obtained in the WBTET exam||60|
WBTET Exam Pattern 2021 | WBTET Study Material PDF
he Paper I will be held for the candidates who wish to work as primary teachers viz class 1 to 5. While Paper II will be held for the candidates who wish to work as secondary teacher for class VI to VIII. The detailed WB TET Exam Pattern 2021 for both the papers is given below:
WBTET Exam Pattern For Paper I
- Paper I of the WB TET is to be conducted for the Class 1 to 5.
- The WB TET Exam 2021 is usually conducted in the offline or pen and paper mode.
- There are a total of 5 subjects that are asked in the examination TET out of which two are language papers.
- As per the WB TET Exam Pattern 2021, the candidate will get 1 mark for each correct option marked by him.
- There is no provision of negative marking in the examination.
- The candidate will get a composite timing of 3 hours to complete the TET paper.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
WBTET 2021 Exam Pattern For Paper II
- The candidates who will be appearing for Paper II will have to appear for 5 subjects.
- The Paper II will be conducted for the Class VI to VIII.
- The candidates will have to answer the questions in the multiple choice based questions.
- The candidates will get 3 hours to appear for the test.
- The candidates will get 1 mark for each correct answer marked by them while there is no provision for negative marking.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language-I (Regional Language)||30||30|
|Mathematics & Science / Social Studies||60||60|
WBTET Exam Syllabus PDF | WBTET Study Material PDF
The syllabus for the upcoming WBTET 2021 examination has not yet been released. But it should be similar to the previous year syllabus which is as follows:
|Part 1: Child Development and Pedagogy (30 MCQs)||
|Part 2: Language 1: Critical English (30 MCQs)||LANGUAGE COMPREHENSION
PEDAGOGY FOR LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT:
|Part 3: Language 2: Bengali (30 MCQs)||
Two unseen prose passages (discursive or literary or narrative or scientific) with questions on comprehension, grammar and verbal ability.
|Part 4: Mathematics (30 MCQs)||
|Part 5: Environmental Studies (30 MCQs)||
WBTET Important Books
|WBTET Subject||Name of Book||Author / Publication of Book|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||CTET Child Development and Pedagogy for Paper I and Paper II||Pearson|
|Child Development and Pedagogy for Paper I and Paper II||Shyam Anand|
|English Language||Chhaya West Bengal Primary TET Challenger in English||Chhaya Prakashani Editorial Team|
|English for TET||DT Editorial Services|
|Bengali Language||Oxizone Books New Primary TET Practice Plus in Bengali – 2nd Edition||Oxizone Editorial Team|
|Primary TET ( Bengali ) 2021||S K Jana|
|Mathematics||West Bengal TET Math||Arvind Mohan Dwivedi|
|Mathematics for TET||Pearson|
|Social Studies||TET Social Studies||Anshul Mangal|
|Environmental Studies||Environmental Studies for CTET||DT Editorial|
|TET Environmental Studies||Arihant Experts|
WB TET Preparation Tips
- The candidates should always follow the official WB Primary TET Syllabus in order to clear the examination of WBTET without any problems.
- Apart from this, the candidate should never leave any topic that is mentioned in the official syllabus.
- The candidates should always try to finish the syllabus of the WB TET at least 15 to 20 days before the examination.
- This will help the candidates in getting ample time for revision.
- Besides, candidates must also focus on developing their analytical and communication skills.
- The profession of teaching involves a lot of speaking also there are some situational based questions asked in the WB Primary TET Exam.
- Candidates should practice these two as much as possible before the examination.
- In the end, it is very important to follow previous year papers to get an idea of the level of the questions that are asked in the examination.
- It not only helps the candidates in getting an idea of the exam level but also serves as a good practice material.
WBTET Admit Card 2021 : WBTET Study Material PDF
The admit card of the WBTET 2021 exam will be issued on the official website. The date of issue of the hall ticket will be updated in the official notification by the authorities. The exam conducting is not responsible to send the admit card to all the registered candidates of WBTET .
Steps to Download the Admit Card of WBTET
- Visit the official website of WBTET
- Choose the link to the WBTET group for which you have applied
- Enter the registered login ID and password
- Now click on the link to download the WBTET admit card
- Download the admit card and check all the necessary details as the date of birth, name, gender, roll number, exam date, time, sign, exam center, candidate’s category, etc.
- Now, take out the print to carry at the exam center of WBTET . (A valid Id card is mandatory for all the candidates to carry at the exam center along with the admit card of WBTET 2021)
Detail Mention on WBTET Admit Card 2021
- Name of the Candidate
- Exam Centre Code
- Exam Centre Name
- Applicant Roll Number
- Examination Name
- Time Duration of the Exam
- Father’s Name/ Mother’s Name
- Category (ST/ SC/ BC & Other)
- Signature of the candidate.
- Exam Date and Time
- Candidate Date of Birth
- Essential instructions for the examination
WBTET Answer Key PDF | WBTET Study Material PDF
- When the WBTET enlistment test is finished, the leading body gives answer key on the web.
- To check and download WBTET answer key, visit the official site
- Enter the WBTET enlistment present applicants wish to download the appropriate response key for and question paper arrangement.
- These official answer key are useful as it serves to gauges the scores for WBTET enlistment test.
- Applicants simply need to figure the number of right answers and increase it with the imprints for right answers.
WBTET Result 2021 : WBTET Study Material PDF
The authorities will issue the result of the WBTET exam on the official website separately for all the groups. To check and download the result of WBTET can follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official website of WBTET
- Select the result notification from the notification section
- Click on the WBTET result notification
- Now, select and open the PDF of your group
- Enter the registration number in the search bar to check your score on the WBTET exam
- Download and save a copy of the PDF for future reference.
WBTET Cut Off
The WBTET Cut Off 2021 is released by the WBTET after the preliminary exam has been conducted. The WBTET Cut Off changes each year depending on a variety of factors. These factors are include:
- Number of applicants: The number of applicants for exam has a direct impact on the cutoff marks. More the number of applicants, the more is the competition and thus higher the cutoff marks.
- Number of vacancies: The available number of the posts, for which recruitment is done changes every year when the exam is conducted. This in turn affects the cutoff that is released in that specific year. When vacancies are less, the competition gets tougher which has a chain effect on the cut-off, eventually making the percentage much higher.
- The difficulty of the exam: The more difficult the exam for recruitment is, the chances of applicants’ performance getting affected increase. This again affects the cut off in combination with the other factors on the list.
- Category of applicants: The cut off marks are available based on various categories like SC, ST, OBC, and more. Each of them has different qualifying marks so the candidate clearing the exam based on cut off will also depend on the category under which he/she has applied.
WB TET Minimum Qualifying Marks 2021
|Paper Type||Qualifying Marks|
|Paper I & Paper II||
WBTET FAQs : WBTET Study Material PDF
Q.What is the eligibility criteria of WBTET for primary teachers?
Q. What is the time duration of the examination?
Q. What is the validity of the West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WBTET) 2021 Score?
Q. What is the application fee for the WBTET Exam?