WBPSC Study Material PDF Download In English & Bengali | Syllabus – It is important for all the candidates envisioning to apply for the Clerkship exam to get acknowledged with the WBPSC Study Material. The Study Material for any examination is a must, as it assists you to gauge the importance of exact topics where you can be tested. It also eases the preparation by defining the topics on which a candidate can be tested. To understand the WBPSC exam pattern is of utmost importance to know the scheme of examination and to prepare accordingly.
The WBPSC Study Material is released by the commission on its official website. The candidate must pass the Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent to be eligible for WBPSC Exam.
WBPSC Study Material PDF Download In English & Bengali | Syllabus
|Organization Name||West Bengal Public Service Commission|
|Stages of Exam||Two stages(Written and Personality Test)|
|Geographical Scope of exam||State-level (West Bengal Only)|
|Exam frequency||Once a Year|
|Common Eligibility||Graduation Degree in any discipline|
|Language of question paper||English and Bengali|
|Exam Fees||Rs 210|
WBPSC Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be between the age of 18-40 on the last date of the Advertisement. The age will be calculated on the last date of the receipt of the application.
- As per Government Rules prescribed for the purpose, there will be age relaxation given to a candidate belonging to a particular community category.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary has to submit all the required certificates issued by the government.
- Candidate must know how to speak, read, write Bengali.
- Both the male and the female candidates must be citizens of India.
- Other nationals as declared eligible by the Government of India.
- Candidates should avoid furnishing any false information as all the applications are carefully scrutinized by the commission.
- Candidates will have to produce an authentic ID proof during the verification process.
Number of Attempts
- The WBPSC has not specified the maximum number of attempts available to a candidate.
- However, there is an age limit set by the WBPSC which means that the candidate can only apply within the age of 21 years and 36 years.
- As per the WBCS 2021 educational qualification criteria, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree i.e an undergraduate degree in any discipline from any recognized state of central University.
- The aspirant should have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those aspirants whose mother tongue is Nepali).
- The Candidates, who are belonging from the age group of 21 years and 36 years, can apply for the exam.
- The age will be tallied from January 1 of the test year.
- The applicants, who have born on and after January 2, 1984, and before January 1, 1999, will be eligible to appear for the exam.
- Those applicants whose date of birth lies between January 1, 1999, and January 1, 2000 [i.e. whose age is in the range of 20 and 21 years as on 01.01.2021] may apply for Group B posts as it were.
- The Commission will acknowledge the date of birth as referenced in the Madhyamik Certificate.
- Madhyamik Certificate implies High School Certificate.
On account of Persons with Disabilities (PWD), the upper age limit is relaxable as long as 45 years. S.C./S.T./B.C. Aspirants of different States will be treated as General category Aspirants.
|Category||WBCS age relaxation|
|WBCS age relaxation for SC/ST/BC of West Bengal||5 years|
|WBCS age relaxation for SC/ST of Other States||5 years|
|WBCS age relaxation for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||upto 45 years|
- The WBCS application fees is a non-refundable amount for all the categories.
- However, SC/ST candidates of WB State and Persons with disabilities (40% and above) having a physical disability are not required to pay any WBCS application fee.
|General/ OBC/ EWS||₹ 210 + Services Charges/ GST|
|SC/ST/ PwD (only West Bengal)||No Fees|
|SC/ST/ PwD of other states||₹ 210 + Services Charges/ GST|
Physical Standard Required for WBPCS 2021
- The base tallness necessity is 1.65 meters for male applicants and 1.50 meters for female competitors subject to relaxation on account of students having a place with races, for example, Gorkhas, Garwalis, Assamese Tribals and so on
- Candidates proposing to be considered for this group must show their abilities in the suitable section of the application form.
|West Bengal Civil Service (Executive)||Pay Level:16 (56,100 – 1,44,300) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|Assistant Commissioner of Revenue||Pay Level: 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|West Bengal Co-operative Service||Pay Level: 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|West Bengal Labour Service :||Pay Level: 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|West Bengal Food and Supplies Service||Pay Level: 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|West Bengal Employment Service||Pay Level: 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|West Bengal Police Service||Pay Level: 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|Superintendent, District Correctional Home / Deputy Superintendent, Central Correctional Home||Pay Level: 15 (42,600 – 1,09,800) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|Joint Block Development Officer||Pay Level: 14 (39,900 – 1,02,800) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices||Pay Level: 14 (39,900 – 1,02,800) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service||Pay Level: 14 (39,900 – 1,02,800) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I||Pay Level: 14 (39,900 – 1,02,800) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|Assistant Commercial Tax Officer||Pay Level: 14 (39,900 – 1,02,800) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|Joint Registrar (West Bengal State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission under the Consumer Affairs Department, Government of West Bengal)||Pay Level: 14 (39,900 – 1,02,800) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation)||Pay Level: 12 (35,800 – 92,100) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|Chief Controller of Correctional Services||Pay Level: 12 (35,800 – 92,100) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|Inspector of Co-operative Societies||Pay Level: 10 (32,100 – 82,900) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development
|Pay Level: 10 (32,100 – 82,900) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
|Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department||Pay Level: 10 (32,100 – 82,900) (besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules)|
WBPCS Exam Pattern
WBCS Prelims Exam Pattern
- The WBCS prelims test has just a single MCQ type question paper.
- The paper name is General Studies and it is a blend of the considerable number of themes given in the WBCS syllabus.
- The details of the WBCS prelims question paper is as per the following.
|English Composition||25||2 Hours|
|Current events of National & International Importance||25|
|History of India||25|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|Indian National Movement||25|
|General Mental Ability||25|
WBCS Main Exam Pattern | WBPSC Study Material PDF
The WBCS primary test is led independently according to the group of administrations in the following way.
- Gathering ‘A’ and ‘B” administrations and posts requires coming in all the papers as referenced underneath.
- Gathering ‘C’ and ‘D’ administrations and posts need to appear in the necessary papers only.
- The WBCS main test is the basic piece of the WBCS test process as the marks are required to give out the last WBCS result.
- There are six mandatory question papers and two papers of one discretionary subject.
- The total number of papers in the WBCS test is Eight.
- The WBCS main test comprises the following:
|Paper No.||Compulsory Papers||Marks|
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
|Paper-V||The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India||200||200||200||200|
|Paper-VI||Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning||200||200||200||200|
|Paper-VII||Optional Subject – One subject to be chosen||400||400||–||–|
WBPCS Personality Test (Viva-Voce):
- A number of candidates selected in order of merit on the results of the Main Examination for all the services and posts included in Groups A,B, C and D shall have to appear at a Personality Test.
- Each candidate will be asked questions on matters of general interest.
- The object of the test will be to assess the candidate’s personal qualities e.g., alertness of mind, power of clear and logical exposition, intellectual and moral integrity, leadership and also the candidate’s range of interests.
- Candidates for Group ‘B’ Service (West Bengal Police Service) will be specially tested at the interviews with regard to their suitability for the service.
Marks for the WBCS Personality Test:
- Group A & B : 200 Marks
- Group C : 150 Marks
- Group D : 100 Marks
WBPCS Syllabus PDF Download | WBPSC Study Material PDF
WBCS Prelims Syllabus
- Idioms and Phrases
- Vocabulary test
- Phrasal Verbs
- Same words bearing more than one meaning
- Use of appropriate and qualifying words
In this section, questions will be asked on the general appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation and knowledge as may be expected of a well-educated person.
History of India
This section of the test includes questions on the topics of emphasis on social, economic and political aspects.
Questions will relate to Physical, Social and Economic Geography of the country, including the main features of Indian Agricultural and Natural Resources.
Indian Polity and Economy
- Knowledge of the country’s Political System
- Panchayati Raj
- Community Development and Planning in India
- Indian National Movement
- The growth of Nationalism and Attainment of Independence
General Mental Ability
Questions in this section will relate to Logical perception, understanding, and natural conclusion.
Main Examination Syllabus
- Letter writing
- Drafting of Report
- Precise Writing
- Translation from Bengali / Hindi / Urdu / Nepali / Santali to English
- Indian History with particular emphasis on the National Movement
- Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal
- Science and Scientific
- Technological advancement
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
The Constitution of India and Indian Economy
- Role and functions of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Central State relation and devolution of central funds to state
- Planning process and objectives of five years plan
- Functions of RBI and Monetary Policy
Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning
- Logical Deduction
- The forcefulness of the Arguments
- Implication of sentences
- Letter series
- Number series
- Inferring from Data
- Analogy tests
- Symbol Interpretation
- Mathematical puzzles
- The odd man out, the Perception test
- Non-verbal reasoning
- Selecting the correct sequence
Optional Subject Choice: Any One
- Political Science
- Matters of general interest
- Alertness of mind
- Power of clear and logical exposition
- Intellectual and moral integrity
- Range of interests
WBPSC Optional Subjects
|Commerce and Accountancy||Comparative Literature||Computer Science||Civil Engineering||Electrical Engineering|
|English||Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Mechanical Engineering||Political Science||Psychology|
Books Refer For WBSC Exam | WBPSC Study Material PDF
|Subject||Books & Author Name|
|Indian Economy and Polity||
|Indian National Fights||
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||
Preparation Tips for WBPSC?
- Make your schedule of study give appropriate time to each and every topic.
- Read the newspaper, magazines, etc. To increase your awareness of current affairs just keep an eye on reading the various newspaper, watch television for breaking the news.
- Keep yourself up to date.
- Just go solving previous papers, make a habit of marking the key point.
- Make your notes so that it will be easy while revising at last moments.
- Take the help of online assessment it will be better to boost your confidence level.
- Self-assessment is an important preparation.
- Plan your studies at least two months before the exam.
- Questions can be asked from every nook and corner of the subject and therefore it is not all advisable to omit any chapter or area.
- Practice as many mock tests as possible close to the examination environment as possible.
- During preparation avoid the oily food just and avoid anxiety before an exam.
- If you are starting to prepare now first focus on those topics in which you are good, brush your concepts and other topics. Study at least 6 hrs a day.
- Make your schedule and give appropriate time for each and every topic.
- Let say 2 hrs. For general studies as it carries about 150 marks if you can answer then you will get more than 120 marks.
- 2hrs for solving questions on the topics which you are good at. 1 hr. for brushing up concepts on other subjects.
WBPSC Admit Card 2021 : WBPSC Study Material PDF
The admit card of the WBPSC 2021 exam will be issued on the official website. The date of issue of the hall ticket will be updated in the official notification by the authorities. The exam conducting is not responsible to send the admit card to all the registered candidates of WBPSC .
Steps to Download the Admit Card of WBPSC
- Visit the official website of WBPSC
- Choose the link to the WBPSC group for which you have applied
- Enter the registered login ID and password
- Now click on the link to download the WBPSC admit card
- Download the admit card and check all the necessary details as the date of birth, name, gender, roll number, exam date, time, sign, exam center, candidate’s category, etc.
- Now, take out the print to carry at the exam center of WBPSC . (A valid Id card is mandatory for all the candidates to carry at the exam center along with the admit card of WBPSC 2021)
WBPSC Result 2021 : WBPSC Study Material PDF
The authorities will issue the result of the WBPSC exam on the official website separately for all the groups. To check and download the result of WBPSC candidates can follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official website of WBPSC
- Select the result notification from the notification section
- Click on the WBPSC result notification
- Now, select and open the PDF of your group
- Enter the registration number in the search bar to check your score on the WBPSC exam
- Download and save a copy of the PDF for future reference.
How to Calculate Marks for the WBPSC Examination?
- The Preliminary examination is one paper based on General Studies.
- The Main examination contains 6 papers based on different topics: –
- Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali
- General Studies I
- General Studies II
- Constitution and Economy of India
- Arithmetic and Reasoning
- The Preliminary exam is for 200 marks and is MCQ-based.
- Each paper of the Main exam is for 200 marks. 4 are MCQ-based and 2 are of conventional written type.
- 1 mark is provided for every correct answer in the MCQs.
- There is a provision of negative marking for incorrectly answered MCQs.
WBPSC Cut Off
The WBPSC Cut Off 2021 is released by the BPSC after the preliminary exam has been conducted. The WBPSC Cut Off changes each year depending on a variety of factors. These factors include:
- The number of candidates applying for the post.
- The more the candidates, the higher the cut off.
- The number of vacancies for the post. The higher the vacancies, the lower the cut off.
- The difficulty of the examination. The more difficult the exam, the lower the cut off.
- Overall scoring pattern in the exam.
- The higher the difficulty of the examination, the lower will be the cut off.
WBPSC WBCS Expected Cut Off Marks 2021
|Category||Expected WBCS Prelims Cut Off 2021 (Out of 200 marks)||Expected WBCS Final Cut Offs Marks 2020|
|BC – A||–||780|
|BC – B||–||778|
|OBC – A||121||–|
|OBC – B||124||–|
|PH (LD & CP)||110||–|
Previous Year’s WBPSC WBCS Cut Off Marks
|Category||WBCS Prelims Cut Off 2020
(Out of 200 marks)
|WBCS Final Cut Offs Marks 2018 for Group C|
|BC – A||–||778.66|
|BC – B||–||776.50|
|OBC – A||119||–|
|OBC – B||122||–|
|PH (LD & CP)||107||–|
WBPSC FAQs : WBPSC Study Material PDF
Q. Will the WBCS Cut Off 2021 be the same as last year?
Q. What is the age limit of WBCS 2021?
Q. Can I crack WBCS in first attempt?
Q. How many stages are there in the WBCS exam?