UPSC EPFO Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Check Syllabus | Books – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the UPSC EPFO Study Material for the post of Employees’ Provident Fund Organization, Enforcement Officer/Accounts Officer along with its official notification. Get all the details UPSC EPFO Study Material 2021. Check all the details related to the UPSC EPFO Study Material 2021 here and get benefited.
Candidates who applied for UPSC EPFO can check out the UPSC EPFO Recruitment Test (RT) Study Material 2021 here. Candidates can prepare for the exam by referring to the UPSC EPFO Study Material 2021.
UPSC EPFO Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Check Syllabus | Books
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fees||INR 25/-|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Negative Marking||1/3 of the mark|
|Language Medium||Hindi and English.|
|Selection Process||Written Test & Interview|
UPSC EPFO Eligibility Criteria 2021
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Number of Attempts
There is no mention as such in the official notification about the number of attempts. As long as the candidates meet the eligibility guidelines and age limits, they can apply for the said recruitment through the prescribed format.
- In case of a large number of applications, the authority will adopt means to shortlist candidates who are eligible to be called for the interview round.
- Shortlisting will be done on the basis of the higher qualification of the candidates and their experience in the relevant field.
- Candidates who hold the desirable degree as mentioned, stand a better chance to be shortlisted.
Essential Educational Qualification
Candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream from recognized University/Institute.
Desirable Education Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Integrated Five years Degree in Law/Masters in Business Administration/Post Graduate Diploma in Management/Company Secretary/Chartered Accountants/Cost and Management Accountant
- Two years experience in Administration/Accounts/Legal Matters in any government or Listed – Private Organization
UPSC EPFO Experience Criteria
It is desirable that the candidates hold a suitable experience in the relevant field. This increases their chance of being shortlisted. Candidates bearing a minimum of two years experience in Accounts, Administration and Legal Matters is desirable.
As per the eligibility criteria of EPFO 2020, there is no minimum age limit. However the maximum age limit to apply for EPFO recruitment is 30 years. Candidates belonging to reserved categories are also eligible for age relaxation as per the rules.
EPFO Age Relaxation 2021
Scheduled caste/Schedule tribe
Up to 5 years
Up to 3 years
Employees of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
Up to 5 years
- In the case of online payments, candidates can pay through credit card or debit card, or SBI net banking.
- The candidates who wish to pay in offline mode can do so by paying the cash at the nearest SBI branch along with the printout of the online generated challan.
- Unreserved – INR 25/- & SC/ST/PH/Women – Fees exempted
- The selection procedure comprises two stages for the recruitment.
- The registered candidates will undergo a recruitment test and an interview as a part of the UPSC EPFO Selection process.
- The candidate will be shortlisted as per their performances in both stages.
- The Recruitment Test (RT) and Interview carry weightage in the ratio of 75:25 for the shortlisted candidates.
|EPFO Recruitment Test||75|
- Visit the UPSC official website.
- Click on the link that says “Online EPFO Recruitment Application(ORA) for the posts of Enforcement Officer (EO)/Accounts Officer (AO) in Employee Provident Fund Organisation, Ministry of Labour and Employment“
UPSC EPFO Recruitment 2021 Part I Registration
- A new page opens. Now click on ‘Part-I Registration’. Enter the following details –
- Name as per the matriculation/secondary examination certificate
- Address, Email ID, and Phone Number
- Educational Qualification
- Photo ID Proof and ID Number
- Marital Status
- Father’s Name and Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Click on “Save & Continue”.
- Verify the details that you have entered in the UPSC EPFO application form and click on the “I Agree” button.
- Part I Registration will be complete. Your Registration ID will be generated. Note it down. An email will also be sent to the candidate’s email ID.
UPSC EPFO Recruitment 2021 Part-II Registration
- Select the mode of payment and make the payment of the UPSC EPFO application fee.
- Upload scanned images of photographs and signatures.
- Select your preferred examination centre and submit your form.
UPSC EPFO Probation Period & Pay Scale
- The Pay scale of EPFO Officer is at Level 8 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC.
- The salary range of an Enforcement Officer will be in the range of INR 43,600/- to 55,200/-.
- Therefore the pay scale becomes INR 9300-34800/-.
- Along with a handsome salary, the officer will have several allowances such as medical facility, loan facility, provident fund, gratuity, insurance, mobile facility, etc.
UPSC EPFO Exam Pattern 2021 | UPSC EPFO Study Material PDF
- The test will be of two hours duration
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- The test will be objective type questions with multiple choices of answer.
- The medium of the test will be both Hindi and English.
- There will be penalty for wrong answers. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assigned to that question.
- If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The interview stage in this exam involves minimum qualifying marks.
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Mode of Recruitment Test||Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
|No. of Questions||120|
|Total Marks||120 questions * 2.5 marks each = 300 marks|
|Total Time||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Medium||Hindi and English|
|Negative Marking||⅓ marks for each wrong answer|
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021
The EPFO Exam Syllabus 2021 for the upcoming examination is updated on StudyDhaba . Check the topic wise syllabus below.
1. General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
- Number Systems
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables)
- Data sufficiency
- Profit & Loss
- SI & CI
- Puzzles & More
2. General English
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence completion/ para completion
- Para Jumbles
- Phrases/ Idioms
- Phrase replacement
- Reading comprehension
3. Indian Freedom Struggle
- The Carnatic Wars
- Invasion of Bengal
- The three Anglo-Maratha Wars
- Regulating and Pitt’s India Acts
- Quit India Movement
- Subhash Chandra Bose
- Early composition of the British raj
- The 1857 Revolt-reasons, character, course, and result
- Indian Freedom struggle in the first stage
- Growth of national consciousness
- Creation of Associations
- Establishment of the Indian National Congress and its Moderate stage
- Swadeshi Movement
- Economic Nationalism
- The development of Extremism and the split in Congress
- The policy of Divide and Rule
- Congress-League Pact of 1916
- Civil Disobedience
- Khilafat movement
- Non-Cooperation Movement
- Indian National Army
4. General Science & Knowledge of Computer Applications
- Life Science
- Data structures
- Computer organisations
- Operating Systems
- Database management
- Data communications
- Computer networks
5. Current Events & Developmental Issues
- Current events basically refers to as the daily current affairs that are important from exam point of view
- Developmental Issues confine to the schemes and laws made public by the government to maintain the decorum and for the ease of run of the constitution.
- Developmental issues also covers the yojana’s revealed by the government for the betterment of the public.
6. Indian Polity Economy
- Indian Constitution
- Historical underpinnings
- Public Policy
- Rights Issues
- Economic growth and development – basic concept and definition of economy and economics
- Use and transfer of resources
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States
- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models successes, limitations, and potential
- Citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures
- Panchayati Raj
- Parliament and State Legislatures: structure, functioning, the conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes
- Distributive effects
- Macro Economy
- Inclusion: definition, relevance, types, financial inclusion, recent initiatives
- Fiscal policy: definition, component, receipts, revenue and capital account, tax revenue, expenditure, budget
7. General Accounting Principles
- Principles of Accounting
- Subsidiary Ledgers
- Analyzing and Recording Transactions
- Adjustments and Financial Statements
- Completion of the accounting cycles
- Special Journals
8. Industrial Relations & Labour Laws
- Areas implemented
- Sectors applicable
- Industrial relations code (IRC) Bill
- Model of labour reforms
9. Social Security in India
- History of Social security
- Social Security in India
- Social Security
- Constitutional Provisions Concurrent List
- Part IV Directive Principles of State Policy
- Difference between Organized and Unorganized Sectors SOCIAL SECURITY LAWS in India
- Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 (ESI Act)
- Employees’ Provident Funds Act, 1952
- Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923 (WC Act)
- Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 (M.B. Act)
- Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 (P.G. Act)
- Social Security In India
- Different From Developed Nations
- Provident Fund.
Benefits of Preparing with UPSC EPFO Previous Year Papers
Practicing is the most important aspect of the EPFO exam preparation. To score the maximum marks in the exam, you must have lots of practice on exam level questions, and what better option than solving the official EPFO previous year papers. Solving these past papers will help you in your exam preparation in the following ways –
- You will have real-time experience in solving EPFO questions from the previous year.
- You will get to know your weaker or strong topics from the EPFO syllabus.
- Your exam preparation will improve based on the result you get after each attempt of the UPSC EPFO Previous year paper.
- These past year papers will provide you with the much-needed practice of questions being asked in the UPSC EPFO exam.
- You will get to know more about the shortcut and tricks of solving questions faster and accurately.
Best Books for Preparation Of UPSC EPFO
|Books Name||Author’s Name||Publisher|
|High School English Grammar & Composition||Wren and Martin||S. Chand|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi||Arihant Experts|
|India’s Struggle for Independence||Bipan Chandra||Penguin|
|Modern Indian History-NCERT XII||Bipan Chandra||NCERT|
|Current Affairs Yearly 2021||–||Arihant|
|Indian Polity||M Laxmikanth||McGraw Hill|
|Contemporary World Politics||_||NCERT|
|General Accounting and Principles||Accountancy Class 11th and 12th||_||NCERT|
|Industrial Relations and Labour Laws||Industrial Relations and Labour Laws||Dr. Nikita Agarwal||Galgotia|
|General Science and Knowledge of Computer Applications||Encyclopedia for General Science and Handbook for Computer Science and IT||_||Arihant|
|Social Security in India||Social Security in India||Ravi Prajash Yadav||Avishkar|
|Mental Ability and Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude||Abhjit Guha||MCGraw Hill|
Preparation Strategy for UPSC EPFO Exam 2021
- Downloading the previous year’s question papers helps you gauge the difficulty level of the exam.
- Follow a daily routine for studying. Give your preparation at least 3 to 4 hours a day. You can divide the workload during these hours.
- Candidates must download the UPSC EPFO syllabus to know which topics are to be covered and the ones that are irrelevant.
- The UPSC EPFO exam pattern must be downloaded to know the marking scheme, number of questions, and the time duration
- Make time for revision as well. Every week, revise the topics that you have covered in the previous week so that you can retain the information for longer.
- There are several online mock tests available that can be taken after the preparation is done to know the level of preparation.
UPSC EPFO Admit Card 2021 : UPSC EPFO Study Material PDF
The admit card of the UPSC EPFO 2021 exam will be issued on the official website. The date of issue of the hall ticket will be updated in the official notification by the authorities. The exam conducting is not responsible to send the admit card to all the registered candidates of UPSC EPFO.
Steps to Download the Admit Card of UPSC EPFO
- Visit the official website of UPSC EPFO
- Choose the link to the UPSC EPFO group for which you have applied
- Enter the registered login ID and password
- Now click on the link to download the UPSC EPFO admit card
- Download the admit card and check all the necessary details as the date of birth, name, gender, roll number, exam date, time, sign, exam center, candidate’s category, etc.
- Now, take out the print to carry at the exam center of UPSC EPFO. (A valid Id card is mandatory for all the candidates to carry at the exam center along with the admit card of UPSC EPFO 2021)
UPSC EPFO Result 2021 : UPSC EPFO Study Material PDF
The authorities will issue the result of the UPSC EPFO exam on the official website separately for all the groups. To check and download the result of UPSC EPFO candidates can follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official website of UPSC EPFO
- Select the result notification from the notification section
- Click on the UPSC EPFO result notification
- Now, select and open the PDF of your group
- Enter the registration number in the search bar to check your score on the UPSC EPFO exam
- Download and save a copy of the PDF for future reference.
UPSC EPFO Cut Off
The UPSC EPFO Cut Off 2021 is released by the UPSC EPFO after the preliminary exam has been conducted. The UPSC EPFO Cut Off changes each year depending on a variety of factors. These factors include:
- The first factor that plays a large role in finalizing the official cutoffs is the number of vacancies available for the post.
- The total number of candidates appearing for the exam are also considered while setting the cutoffs. This ratio plays a large role in finalizing the qualifying marks.
- The difficulty level of the exam in the recruitment stage is a major factor that determines the official cut off stats.
- Previous Year cut off trends are also taken in account for the consideration of the final cut off marks.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
UPSC EPFO Previous Cutoff 2018
|Category||No. of Candidates Appeared||No. of Candidates Selected|
UPSC EPFO 2018 Exam (Minimum Level of suitability of marks in Recruitment Test)
(Total 300 marks)
(Total 100 marks)
UPSC EPFO 2018 Exam (Highest marks obtained by candidates in different categories)
UPSC EPFO 2017 Cutoff Marks
|Category||Recruitment Test (Out of 300)||Interview (Out of 100)||Final Cutoff|
UPSC EPFO 2016 Cutoff Marks
|ategory||Recruitment Test (Out of 300)||Interview (Out of 100)||Final Cutoff|
UPSC EPFO FAQs : UPSC EPFO Study Material PDF
Q. What is the minimum educational criteria for EPFO 2021?
Q. What is the selection process of EPFO 2021?
Q. What is the cut off structure for the UPSC EPFO 2021 selection process?
Q. Is the UPSC EPFO exam 2021 conducted every year?