UPSC CAPF Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Paper | Book – The UPSC CAPF Examination notification has been released for 2021. The examination will be conducted soon. Candidates who are preparing for the examination must know the right study materials that they are using to prepare for the examination. The Study Material for UPSC CAPF is broad and it is important that the candidates cover all the topics thoroughly.
The aspirants must go through the UPSC CAPF Study Material before the examination. ThStudy Material will be updated on StudyDhaba. All the candidates can go through in detail to make sure they do not miss any of the important topics.
UPSC CAPF Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Paper | Book
|Exam Name||Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandant)|
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
UPSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria ask the candidate to consider their age, nationality, gender and other specific details as recommended by the examination conducting authority to qualify as an approved candidate.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- An applicant who is a subject of Nepal or Bhutan can also apply.
Number of Attempts
The UPSC has not specified the maximum number of attempts available to a candidate.
There is an age limit set by the UPSC which means that the candidate can only apply within the age of 20 to 25 years.
CAPF Educational Qualification
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification
- Candidates should have a passed Degree or equivalent from recognized Board/ University/ Institution.
- As per the notification, there are no such eligibility criteria in terms of experience.
- Candidates with or without any experience can apply for this exam given that he/she fulfils other eligibility criteria.
- Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2021, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1996 and not later than 1st August 2001
- The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable.
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a SC/ST
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to OBC who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- up to a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the OBC who are also covered under any other clause of Para 3(III)(b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Civilian Central Govt. Servants/Ex-Servicemen, will be eligible
- The term ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Service and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time and the decision on the issue of the eligibility of ex-servicemen shall be governed by the decision taken by the DoP&T on the communication of the UPSC
- The term “Civilian Central Govt. Servants” in Para 3(b)(iii) above will apply to persons who are defined as “Government Servants” in the Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965 as amended from time to time
- The application fee of Rs 200/- (General and Others) can be paid with either online mode or offline mode.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only
- “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 12/05/2021 i.e. one day before the closing date; however applicants who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date.
- SC/ST/PWD/Female Exempted
- The candidates will be selected through the following four stages of Exam:
- The written examination to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission will be held on 08th August 2021 and will comprise two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper-II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests
- Interview/Personality Test
- Final Selection / Merit
Physical Efficiency Test
- Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
|100 Metre race||16 Seconds||18 Seconds|
|800 Metre race||3 minutes 45 second||4 minutes 45 second|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters 3 chances)||3.0 Meters 3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||—|
UPSC CAPF AC Physical & Medical Standards
|Height||165 cms||157 cms|
|Chest||81 cms||Not applicable|
|Weight||50 kgs||46 kgs|
Medical Test Standards for Eyesight
|Events||Better eye (corrected vision)||Worse eye(corrected vision)|
|Distant vision||6/6 or 6/9||6/9 or 6/12|
|Near vision||N6 (Corrected)||N9 (Corrected)|
|Limits of Refractive errors permitted||
|Colour Perception-III (CP-III) by ISIHARA plates||–||–|
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2021
The Exam Pattern for the UPSC CAPF 2021 Assistant Commandants is given below:
- Language of Question Paper – Hindi & English, excluding English paper
- There will be negative marking of 1/3 marks in Paper 1
- Paper-I is a qualifying in nature for Paper 2
|Paper Name||Question Type||Marks||Time|
|Paper 1 – General Ability & Intelligence||Multiple Choice Questions||250||2 Hours|
|Paper 2 – General Studies, Essay & Comprehension||Descriptive Type Questions||200||3 Hours|
CAPF marking scheme
- Only objective type papers, such as Paper-I, are eligible for negative marking.
- For each incorrect answer, 1/3rd of a mark will be deducted, i.e. (0.33).
- If a candidate marks more than one answer for a question, it will be considered a wrong answer, and 1/3 of the marks will be deducted, regardless of whether one of the marked answers is correct.
- There will be no deductions for a question that is left blank, i.e. the applicant does not mark an answer for that question.
- Since Paper-II is a descriptive form, no negative marking is permitted.
Stages of exam
Paper 1: General Ability and Intelligence
Paper 2: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
UPSC CAPF Syllabus Paper-I
Syllabus for General Ability
- Spatial Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Space Visualization
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Decision Making
- Visual Memory
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Figural Classification
- Statement Conclusion
- Relationship Concepts, etc.
Syllabus for Intelligence
- General Mental Ability
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- General Science
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Indian and World Geography
- History of India
UPSC CAPF Syllabus Paper-II
Syllabus for English Language, Comprehension and Essay
- Essay Writing
- Report Writing
- Counter Argument
- Language and Communication Skills
- Precis Writing
- Communications/language skills, etc.
Syllabus for General Studies
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
- Indian National Movement
- National and International Current Affairs
- Eminent Personalities
- Cultural Heritage
- About India
- General Polity
- General Science
- Science and Technology
- Indian Constitution, etc.
Tips and Strategies for Preparation
- Start your preparation fast. The syllabus of the UPSC CAPF is broad and candidates need to be well versed with all the sections of the syllabus. That is why it is advised to start the preparation at the earliest.
- Ensure to revise each section properly. Revising on a regular basis will help the candidates stay connected with all the sections that they study and they will not forget anything.
- Have a systematic study schedule. Plan your study in a way that you cover all sections of the syllabus and revise them well. This will help you solve all kinds of questions efficiently and also help in increasing your time management skills.
- Take up Mock tests for better preparation. Mock tests are the best way to prepare for the UPSC CAPF Examination. You can also practice Current Affairs. This will help you testify your preparation and understand your strengths and weaknesses. Mock tests will also help you understand the exam pattern well.
CAPF Books 2021 | UPSC CAPF Study Material PDF
|Economic Development & Policies in India||Jain & Ohri|
|Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh|
|Indian Polity||M Laxmikanth|
|Facets of Indian Culture||Spectrum|
|NCERT XI (Ancient & Medieval)||R.S. Sharma|
|NCERT XII (Modern Indian History)||NCERT/ Bipin Chandra|
|Certificate Physical Geography||G C Leong|
|Class VI – X (Old Syllabus)||NCERT|
|Class XI, XII (New Syllabus)||NCERT|
|Class XII (Contemporary World Politics)||NCERT|
CAPF Preparation Books for Paper-II
|An Introduction to Indian Art Part 1||NCERT|
|India’s Struggle for Independence||Bipan Chandra|
|India after Independence||Bipan Chandra|
|Ancient India||R.S Sharma|
|History of Medieval India||Satish Chandra|
|Geography of India||Majid Husain|
|World Geography||Majid Husain|
|Certificate Physical and Human Geography||G C Leong|
|Fundamentals of Physical Geography class 11||NCERT|
|Indian Polity||M. Laxmikanth|
|Introduction to the Constitution of India||DD Basu|
|India’s Foreign Policy||Rajiv Sikri|
|Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh|
|English Language||R. S. Agarwal & Wren and Martin|
CAPF Exam Centres 2021
- CAPF 2021 is a national level examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
- It is conducted at various locations across the country in all the 28 states and 8 Union Territories spread all over the country.
- The number of CAPF exam centres in a particular city vary as per the number of applicants that have opted for that city as their CAPF examination centre.
- The CAPF exam centre choice has to be filled by candidates while filling the CAPF 2021 application form.
CAPF Question Paper 2021 | UPSC CAPF Study Material PDF
- The Central Armed Police Forces question paper is released after a few days of the CAPF exam.
- The CAPF question paper is released on the UPSC website.
- Applicants can refer to the previous year UPSC Central Armed Police Forces question papers to prepare for their upcoming CAPF 2021 examination.
- CAPF 2021 question paper helps applicants to get a real feel of the CAPF exam pattern, level of difficulty of questions asked and more.
UPSC CAPF Admit Card 2021 : UPSC CAPF Study Material PDF
The admit card of the UPSC CAPF 2021 exam will be issued on the official website. The date of issue of the hall ticket will be updated in the official notification by the authorities. The exam conducting is not responsible to send the admit card to all the registered candidates of UPSC CAPF .
Steps to Download the Admit Card of UPSC CAPF
- Visit the official website of UPSC CAPF
- Choose the link to the UPSC CAPF group for which you have applied
- Enter the registered login ID and password
- Now click on the link to download the UPSC CAPF admit card
- Download the admit card and check all the necessary details as the date of birth, name, gender, roll number, exam date, time, sign, exam center, candidate’s category, etc.
- Now, take out the print to carry at the exam center of UPSC CAPF . (A valid Id card is mandatory for all the candidates to carry at the exam center along with the admit card of UPSC CAPF 2021)
UPSC CAPF Result 2021 : UPSC CAPF Study Material PDF
The authorities will issue the result of the UPSC CAPF exam on the official website separately for all the groups. To check and download the result of UPSC CAPF candidates can follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official website of UPSC CAPF
- Select the result notification from the notification section
- Click on the UPSC CAPF result notification
- Now, select and open the PDF of your group
- Enter the registration number in the search bar to check your score on the UPSC CAPF exam
- Download and save a copy of the PDF for future reference.
How to Calculate CAPF AC Personality/Interview marks?
It is essential that you calculate the marks in your exam. Therefore, here is how you can calculate the UPSC CAPF AC Personality Test Marks.
- This stage has a weightage of 150 marks in total.
- Your Interview will be taken as per the Detailed Application Form (DAF) which you had submitted earlier.
- Experts from various fields will ask you questions as per DAF and will assign your marks accordingly (this is subjective as the panelists decide your marks).
UPSC CAPF Cut Off
The UPSC CAPF Cut Off 2021 is released by the UPSC CAPF after the preliminary exam has been conducted. The UPSC CAPF Cut Off changes each year depending on a variety of factors. These factors include:
- The first factor that plays a large role in finalizing the official cutoffs is the number of vacancies available for the post.
- The total number of candidates appearing for the exam are also considered while setting the cutoffs. This ratio plays a large role in finalizing the qualifying marks.
- The difficulty level of the exam in the recruitment stage is a major factor that determines the official cut off stats.
- Previous Year cut off trends are also taken in account for the consideration of the final cut off marks.
UPSC CAPF Previous Year Cutoff 2019
|Categories||Cut off Tier 1||Cut off Tier 1&2|
Previous years’ UPSC CAPF Cut off marks
|UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Cut off||UPSC CAPF AC 2017 Cut Off|
|Category||Paper I||Paper I + II||Final Selection||Paper-I||Paper-I + II|
UPSC CAPF FAQs : UPSC CAPF Study Material PDF
|Q. What is age limit for applying of UPSC CAPF Jobs?
Q. What is the frequency of the CAPF exam?
Q. What is the CAPF application fee?
Q. What is the selection process of the CAPF 2021 exam?
Q. How is UPSC CAPF AC cut off calculated?
|UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Study Materials PDF||UPSC SO STENO Study Material PDF|
|UPSC CMS Study Material PDF
||UPSC IES ISS Study Material PDF|
|UPSC EPFO Study Material PDF
||UPSC IFS Study Material PDF|