SSC MTS Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Old Papers – Notification for SSC MTS is going to be announced . Online Exam for Multitasking Staff is conducted by SSC. The exam is conducted for selecting an appropriate candidate for the Non-ministerial posts of General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted in various ministries/ offices/ departments of central government. Posts are for different states and union territories. Candidates must go through SSC MTS Study Material and practice as much as can.
SSC MTS Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Old Papers
|Exam Name||SSC MTS (Staff Selection Commission-Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Examination|
|Organisation Name||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Purpose||Selection of candidates for Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts|
|Exam Language||English, Hindi and other regional languages|
SSC MTS Eligibility
- The SSC MTS eligibility criteria are the conditions determined by the SSC; which the candidates are required to fulfil mandatory to be eligible for the SSC Multi Tasking Staff examination.
- Candidates willing to appear for SSC MTS examination must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A candidate must be a citizen of India, either/or a subject of Nepal/Bhutan, Tibetan refugee settled in India before January 1, 1962, or any person of Indian origin.
- Candidates are required to present the Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Indian Government (if he/she belongs to a country other than India i.e. Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, Pakistan, Burma, etc.)
- Candidates willing to appear for SSC MTS 2020 examination must possess a pass certificate of matriculation or an equivalent examination from a government recognised board as on August 1, 2020.
- In case any candidate does not possess the qualifying examination before the closing date of application form receipt, that candidate is not permitted to apply.
Age Limit & Relaxation
Candidates who wish to appear for SSC MTS 2020 exam must be not less than 18 years of age and not more than 25 years of age as on August 1, 2020. i.e.
- SSC MTS Lower Age limit – 18 years
- SSC MTS Upper Age Limit – 25 years
SSC MTS Age Limit Relaxation
The table given below shows the age extensions given to different category .
|PwD||10 Years, OBC – 13 years, SC/ST – 15 years|
|Ex-Serviceman||3 years, OBC – 6 years, SC/ST – 8 years|
|J&K Domiciled||3 years, OBC – 8 years, SC/ST – 10 years|
|Widows /Divorced Women /Women who are judicially separated but not remarried||Up to 35 years, OBC- Up to 38 years, SC/ST – Up to 40 Years|
|Defence Personnel||3 years, OBC – 6 years, SC/ST – 8 years|
SSC MTS Application Fees
- The SSC MTS application fees are paid as per the category given in the application form.
- Payment of the SSC MTS registration fee can be done both online and offline.
- Once the payment is done, a confirmation mail is received on the registered mail ID.
|Women of all Category||Exempted|
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website – ssc.nic.in.
- Look for the tab “Notice”. Click on the tab and search “application form”.
- Read the pre-instructions carefully.
- Complete the process of registration by providing the details such as your name, mobile number, and email id.
Step 2: Filling SSC MTS 2021 Online Form
- Log in to the system with the details of the registration number and password.
- Complete the details of education related to class X, XII, and graduation (whichever is applicable).
- Upload the marks obtained in percentage.
- Provide the details of father’s name, mother’s name, and set up a security question as per your choice from the drop-down.
Step 3: Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Once all the educational qualification has been successfully filled, then upload the scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- The size of the photograph and signature must not be more than 50KBs and 20KBs respectively.
- The photograph must be colored one with a light background and the signature must be done in the running handwriting.
Step 4: Payment of SSC MTS 2021 Application Fee
- The application fee has to be paid according to the category details.
- Payment can be done by BHIM UPI/Netbanking/credit/ debit card or e-challan.
- A confirmation mail will be sent once the application fee has been paid.
- Application fee is Rs. 100 for general candidates (however, the SC/ST candidates are exempted)
SSC MTS Selection Process
SSC MTS Selection Process 2021 will be a two-stage procedure. Candidates will have to clear Paper 1 to proceed to the next stage which is Paper 2.
- After the declaration of the Paper 1 result, a list of qualifying candidates will be out.
- Those who qualify, according to the SSC MTS 2021 Cutoff, will appear for paper 2 – descriptive paper.
- The descriptive paper is qualifying in nature, its marks will not be added while preparing the final merit list.
- Post declaration of paper 2 result, candidates who qualify are called for Document Verification Process.
- In Paper-I, the candidates will have to go appear for the Computer Based Objective type test where they will have to face 100 questions in total.
- The total marks destined for the Computer-based test will be 100.
- There will be four sections that the candidates have to appear for.
- The candidates will have to qualify in the Paper-I and after the results are declared, those candidates who have successfully cleared the Paper-I examination will be selected for the Paper-II examination.
- The candidates who will qualify in the SSC MTS Paper-I examination will be eligible for appearing in the Paper-II examination.
- Paper-II will be a descriptive type paper where the candidates will have to attempt a letter or an essay which will be a total of 50 marks.
- The marks obtained in the SSC MTS Paper-II will be qualifying in nature.
Document Verification for the SSC MTS Selection Process 2021
After the candidates have successfully qualified in the Paper-I and Paper-II examinations, the candidates will be called up for the verification of documents. The candidates will have to appear for the document verification process with the below-mentioned list of documents.
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar.
- Voter ID Card.
- PAN Card.
- Driving License.
- Government School/ College ID Card.
- Employer ID (Govt./ PSU)
Candidates will have to submit copies of various documents like
- Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate.
- Educational Qualification Certificate.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications claimed, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as an equivalent qualification. 15.3.4 Caste/ Category Certificate, if it belongs to reserved categories. 15.3.5 Persons with Disabilities Certificate in the required format, if applicable
- Relevant documents in the case of Ex-Serviceman
- Relevant Certificate if seeking any age relaxation
- No Objection Certificate, in the case already employed in Government/ Government undertakings
- SSC MTS is a Group C non-gazetted, general Central Government service. It is a non-ministerial post with pay band 1(5200 – 20200) + the Grade Pay of 1800 rupees.
- The salary of SSC MTS is revised after the 7th Pay Commission application. Currently, the in-hand salary of SSC Multitasking Staff is approximately 18,000/ to 22,000/ per month.
|SSC MTS Post||MTS (GP 1800)||MTS (GP 1800)||MTS (GP 1800)|
|Tier-Wise Cities||X – Tier I||Y – Tier II||Z – Tier III|
|DA on TA||0||0||0|
SSC MTS Promotions
|First Promotion||After 3 years of service – 1900/. rupees|
|Second Promotion||After 3 years of service – 2000/. rupees|
|Third Promotion||After 5 years of service – 2400/. rupees|
|Final Promotion||Continues up to 5400/. rupees|
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
Candidates preparing for the Multitasking staff exam conducted by SSC must be well versed with the latest SSC MTS Exam Pattern. The exam pattern of the SSC MTS exam is determined by the Staff Selection Commission itself.
The Commission conducts SSC MTS exam through two papers:
- SSC MTS Paper I is Objective Type test
- SSC MTS Paper-II is a descriptive test
SSC MTS Exam Pattern Paper I – Objective Type Test
- Paper I of MTS Exam has 4 sections namely General Intelligence and Reasoning, General English, General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The SSC MTS Paper I will be bilingual i.e. both English and Hindi language, except the general English section.
- There are 100 questions in Paper I carrying 1 mark each and negative marking for each wrong attempt is 0.25 marks
- The total duration of SSC MTS Paper I is 90 minutes for the general candidates but for PwD candidates i.e. (cerebral palsy and visually handicapped) candidates the time duration is 120 minutes.
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Marks||Total Duration|
General Intelligence & Reasoning
SSC MTS Exam Pattern Paper II – Descriptive Type Test
- Only candidates who qualify in SSC MTS Paper I, are called to write Paper-II.
- Paper-II of SSC MTS exam is a descriptive paper of 50 marks. It tests the elementary language skills of the candidates.
- SSC MTS Paper-II is qualifying in nature i.e. it is mandatory to pass but the marks are not considered for final merit listing.
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Number of questions||Time duration|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or in any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||1||30 minutes (40 min in case of candidates eligible for using scribes)|
SSC MTS Syllabus 2021 | SSC MTS Study Material PDF
SSC MTS Paper I is objective type. There are 100 questions asked in Paper I for which candidates will get 90 minutes. Questions will be based on the following topics:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- English Language
SSC MTS Reasoning Syllabus
- Similarities and Differences
- Visual memory
- Discriminating observation
- Relationship concepts
- Missing Number
- Word Formation
- Arrangement of words
- Blood Relation
- Distance & Direction
- Number/Word Series
- Non-Verbal (Paper Cutting & Folding, Mirror & Water Image, Embedded figures, Figure Completion, Counting)
- Embedded figures, Figure Completion, Counting of the figure)
- Verbal (Statement Conclusion, Assertion & Reason,
- Statement & Inference, Arguments)
SSC MTS Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Ratio & Proportion
- HCF & LCM
- SI & CI
- Profit, Loss & Discount
- Time & Work
- Time, Distance & Speed
- Problem on ages
- Number System
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Mixture & Alligation
- Computation of
- Whole Numbers
- Decimals and Fractions and relationship
- between Numbers
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
SSC MTS English Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Correction
- Synonym & Antonym
- Idioms & Phrases
- One Word Substitution
- Spelling Error
SSC MTS General Awareness Syllabus
- Current Affairs
- Static GK (Imp. Dates, Sports, Awards, Schemes, Books & Authors etc.)
SSC MTS Syllabus 2021 Paper-II |
Paper-II will be set in Hindi, English, and in other languages mentioned in Schedule 8th of the Constitution as given in Annexure-XIV. In paper II candidates need to write a Short Essay/Letter in any language included in Schedule 8th as aforesaid. This test is conducted to test basic language skills commensurate with the educational qualification prescribed for the post.
SSC MTS Previous Year Question Paper
- The paper pattern can be identified by solving SSC MTS Exam Previous Year Papers.
- Help in having a better understanding of the SSC MTS examinations.
- Practising on SSC MTS Exam Previous Year Papers will build aspirant’s confidence level and motivate them.
- Continuous practice is key to crack the exam.
- So keep practising and stay motivated.
SSC MTS Book list | SSC MTS Study Material PDF
|Topic||SSC MTS Books & Author/Publication|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||
|General Awareness & Current Affairs||
Preparation Tips for SSC MTS Exam 2021?
- It is essential for the candidates to get well versed with the SSC MTS exam pattern and syllabus 2021 and then plan their strategies accordingly.
- You can also practice through SSC MTS previous years papers.
- Practice more test series and mock tests with a timer to get acquainted with a variety of questions.
- The timer would help candidates to get command of overtime management.
- Candidates need to have a good knowledge of Computers and the basics of computers.
- The candidates should be well-equipped with Current Affairs.
- Everyday give a minimum of one hour to prepare for those weak verticals
- Study topic wise
- Start the new topic only when you have finished one topic.
- Make short notes while going through the topics which will help you in an easy revision.
- Professional knowledge section is important but does not mistake to take English, Quant, Reasoning lightly. Keep a track on these sections as well.
- Remember, there are sectional cut-offs so all the sections are equally important
- Read newspapers and magazines and stay alert with all recent events with their dates.
- Practice more previous year question papers to get control over the types of questions.
SSC MTS Admit Card 2021 : SSC MTS Study Material PDF
The admit card of the SSC MTS 2021 exam will be issued on the official website. The date of issue of the hall ticket will be updated in the official notification by the authorities. The exam conducting is not responsible to send the admit card to all the registered candidates of SSC MTS .
Steps to Download the Admit Card of SSC MTS
- Visit the official website of SSC MTS
- Choose the link to the SSC MTS group for which you have applied
- Enter the registered login ID and password
- Now click on the link to download the SSC MTS admit card
- Download the admit card and check all the necessary details as the date of birth, name, gender, roll number, exam date, time, sign, exam center, candidate’s category, etc.
- Now, take out the print to carry at the exam center of SSC MTS . (A valid Id card is mandatory for all the candidates to carry at the exam center along with the admit card of SSC MTS 2021)
SSC MTS Result 2021 : SSC MTS Study Material PDF
The authorities will issue the result of the SSC MTS exam on the official website separately for all the groups. To check and download the result of SSC MTS candidates can follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official website of SSC MTS
- Select the result notification from the notification section
- Click on the SSC MTS result notification
- Now, select and open the PDF of your group
- Enter the registration number in the search bar to check your score on the SSC MTS exam
- Download and save a copy of the PDF for future reference.
How to Calculate SSC MTS Marks?
After downloading the SSC MTS answer key 2021, candidates can calculate their approximate marks and get themselves prepared for the next stage i.e, the Paper-II Descriptive paper. The candidates can calculate their secured marks only after the SSC MTS answer key is released by the board. In the Paper-I Computer Based Test, there will be four sections including 25 questions each.
- The total marks for Paper-I will be 100 marks where each question carries +1 marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
- To calculate the marks secured, count the number of answers marked correctly and the number of answers marked incorrectly.
- Multiply 0.25 with the number of incorrect answers marked and then subtract both the numbers.
- Total marks secured = Number of correct answers – 0.25 X number of incorrect answers.
SSC MTS Cut Off
The SSC MTS Cut Off 2021 is released by the SSC MTS after the preliminary exam has been conducted. The SSC MTS Cut Off changes each year depending on a variety of factors. These factors include:
- The first factor that plays a large role in finalising the official cutoffs is the number of vacancies available for the post.
- The total number of candidates appearing for the exam are also considered while setting the cutoffs. This ratio plays a large role in finalising the qualifying marks.
- The difficulty level of the exam in the recruitment stage is a major factor that determines the official cut off stats.
- Previous Year cut off trends are also taken in account for the consideration of the final cut off marks.
SSC MTS Previous Cut Off
|Daman and Diu||62.00||45.00||45.00||45.00|
|Gujarat, Dadar and Nagar Haveli||62.00||45.00||57.50||57.50|
|Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry||84.00||78.50||72.75||72.75|
SSC MTS FAQs : SSC MTS Study Material PDF
Q: What is the minimum eligibility for SSC MTS exam?
Q: How many times is SSC MTS held in a year?
Q: In how many stages is SSC MTS exam conducted?
Q: Is there any age limit to apply for SSC MTS exam?
Q. How many papers are there in the SSC MTS Exam?