SSC CPO Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Papers | Books – SSC is conducting the Central Police Recruitment exam . SSC CPO Study Material comprises the topics under each section which candidates need to cover for the exam. The first and foremost strategy towards preparation is understanding the Study Material. The preparation for the exam is incomplete without the Study Material.
Candidates appearing for the SSC Combined Police Organisation (CPO) Exam should be very particular about the latest SSC CPO Study Material. Candidates should be updated on every detail related to the SSC CPO exam.
SSC CPO Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Papers | Books
|Exam name||SSC Combined Police Organisation (CPO)|
|Organisation Name||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam mode||Paper 1 will be conducted in Computer Based Test|
|Exam stages||Paper 1, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper 2 and Detailed Medical Examination (DME)|
|Exam duration||Paper 1 and 2 is held for 2 hours|
|Nature of questions||Paper 1 and 2 will carry objective type questions|
|Number of questions||Paper 1 and 2 will carry 200 questions|
|Total marks||Total marks of Paper 1 and 2 will be 200 marks|
|Exam Language||Hindi and English|
|Negative marks||Paper 1 & 2: 0.25|
|Exam Fees||Rs 100 (Women, SC/ST and Ex-Servicemen candidates are exempted from fee payment)|
|Exam purpose||To select candidates for Sub-Inspector (SI) and Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) post|
SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria
- Before applying for the SSC CPO 2021 exam, the candidate must verify the eligibility criteria required to appear for the SSC CPO exam.
- There are various parameters related to the exam, that includes educational qualification, age limits, and citizenship.
- The eligibility criteria are set by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
The Staff Selection Commission has norms for the nationality of the aspirants. Candidates should check if they come under those categories or not.
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of settling permanently in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Uganda, Malawi, Ethiopia, Vietnam and Zaire with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Educational Qualification for all posts is a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent.
- The programs in Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Nursing, Pharmacy, Architecture, and Physiotherapy, etc are not permitted to be offered under Open and Distance Learning mode.
- Candidates who have not acquired the educational qualification as on 01-01-2021 will not be eligible and need not apply.
- For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police (only) – Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) as on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Standard Tests. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to undergo Physical Endurance and Standard Tests.
SSC CPO Age Limit
- Minimum Age – 20 years
- Maximum Age – 25 years
The below table has age relaxation for reserved categories like SC, ST, OBC, etc.
|For Group ‘B’ & ‘C’ posts|
|Ex-Servicemen (Unreserved/General)||03 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||06 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ST/SC)||08 Years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees (General)||Up to 40 Years of Age|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees (OBC)||Up to 43 Years of Age|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees (SC/ ST)||Up to 45 Years of Age|
Conditions for availing age relaxation:
- The candidates who want to avail the age relaxation, need to submit certificates from a competent authority to the Commission. The certificates should be issued recently and the certificate should have the same particulars as in the application.
- Candidates must ensure that they possess the caste/community certificate, and do not fall within the creamy layer to avail of the age relaxation benefits.
- The male candidates who have applied for the post of Executive Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police must possess a Driving license for both Motorbikes and Light Motor Vehicles (LMV). Failing to do so, the candidates will not be allowed to appear in the Physical Endurance and Standard Tests.
Applicants can pay the Fee through SBI Challan/SBI Net banking or through credit/debit cards of any bank.
- Fees for General and OBC category: Rs 100/-
- Fees for SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/Females: No fees
Physical Test for SSC CPO
For Male candidates
|Category||Height (in cms)||Chest( Unexpanded) in cms||Chest( Expanded) in cms|
|Candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
For Female Candidates
|Category||Height (in cms)|
|Candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155|
SSC CPO Physical Endurance Test (PET)
For Male candidates
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs.): 4.5 metres in 3 chance
For Female Candidates
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 metres in 3 chances.
SSC CPO Medical Examination
There are various test that would be carried out and below are some details about the same stating the criteria the candidate should satisfy:
- Eye Test: Without eyeglasses, the minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 and near vision should be N6 and N9 of two eyes without any correction. It will be a complete eye check-up and include tests like near sight vision, Farsight vision, and IrishCheck. Candidates are prohibited to use lenses on the day of the exam as the officials are bound to check for them by rubbing the eyes. The candidate should also possess high colour vision and must not have any squint in the eyes.
- Lasik Surgery: Candidates undergone Lasik surgery are disqualified for medical checkups. However, a doctor cannot determine if a candidate has undergone a Lasik surgery unless he or she admits thereto. It can only be identified by a machine test and doctors conducting SSC CPO medical tests aren’t allowed to try to do it. So, answer accordingly.
- Colour Blindness Test: Candidates would be asked to read numbers in the colour dotted Book to check for colour blindness among the candidates.
- Flat Foot and Knock Knee Check: Knock Knee test is carried to work out whether a candidate’s Knees touch one another when standing at a 90-degree angle. If they do it, the candidate is disqualified. Within the Flat Foot test, the form of a candidate’s foot is checked. It should be having a curve shape. If the foot is flat rather than curved, the candidate is disqualified.
- Urine Sample Collection
- Sharp sensibility Checkup Test of Nose-Ear-Mouth and Teeth.
- Blood Test: This is to check haemoglobin, STD, any other such diseases and CBC Report.
- Physical Body Check: Candidate’s B.P, balanced weight and height, BMI calculation and the whole body is examined under this test.
- X-Ray of Chest: This test in only applicable for male candidates as there is not female criteria for chest.
- Hand Movement Test: Candidates are required to have efficient movement of hands and perfect hand carrying angles during the test.
Additional Tests With the Medical Test
There are some additional tests that are carried out with Medical tests and all these tests are mandatory for each of the candidates trying to apply for selection. Below is the list of tests carried out :
- Teeth: Your teeth must be proper and countable.
- Varicose Veins: These veins are found from feet to stomach. These are responsible for Varicocele.
- Arms: Arms should be properly movable.
- Hydrocele and also piles problem should not be there.
- Backbone: Your backbone should be in proper and straighten up the order.
- Ear Checkup
SSC CPO Selection Process
SSC CPO consists of 5 stages:
- Paper-I( online written test)
- Physical Test (PET & PST)
- Paper-II (written test)
- Medical Exam
- Document Verification/Final Selection.
SSC CPO Salary
The salary structure for different posts of SSC CPO 2021 is given below:\
|Post Name||Level||Group||Salary/ Pay Scale|
|Sub Inspector in Delhi Police (Male/ Female)||6||‘C’ Non-Gazetted||Rs. 35400-112400/-|
|Sub Inspector in CAPF||6||‘B’ Non-Gazetted||Rs. 35400-112400/-|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector(ASI) in CISF||6||‘C’ Non-Gazetted||Rs. 29200-92300/-|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2021
The SSC CPO 2021 exam will be conducted in three stages: Paper-I, Physical Endurance Test (PET)/Physical Standards Test, and Paper-II.
- Paper-I: This a preliminary exam in which the candidate is required to clear a minimum cut-off as decided by the Commission. This cut-off varies category-wise.
- Physical Endurance Test (PET): The candidates who successfully pass Paper-I, proceed towards the Physical Endurance Test (PET)/Physical Standards Test, where a number of tests are conducted to check the physical fitness of the candidate.
- Paper-II: The third stage, which is Paper-II, is conducted for those candidates who clear the Physical Endurance Test. This consist of a written test.
- The final results are declared on the basis of combined scores of both the written exam of Paper-I and Paper-II and the Physical Endurance Test.
SSC CPO 2021 Exam Pattern – Paper I | SSC CPO Study Material PDF
The SSC CPO Paper 1 Exam consists of four sections: General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- The paper 1 exam will be of objective multiple choice type.
- There are a total of 50 questions from each section and each question carries one mark.
- The exam is conducted for a total of 200 marks.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrongly answered question.
- The time duration of the exam is 2 hours.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
SSC CPO 2021 Exam Pattern For Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- The SSC CPO Exam will have a Physical Endurance Test (PET) which is compulsory for every candidate who has passed Paper-I of this exam.
- The parameters of testing are different for male and female candidates.
- A number of physical tests will be conducted in this part of the exam which is mentioned below:
Physical Endurance Test (PET) For Male Candidates
|Race||100 meters in 16 seconds|
|Race||1.6 km in 6.5 minutes|
|Long Jump||3.65 meters in 3 chances|
|High Jump||1.2 meters in 3 chances|
|Shot Put (16 lbs)||4.5 meters in 3 chances|
SSC CPO Physical Endurance Test (PET) For Female Candidates
|Race||100 meters in 18 seconds|
|Race||800 meters in 4 minutes|
|Long Jump||2.7 meters in 3 chances|
|High Jump||0.9 meters in 3 chances|
SSC CPO 2021 Exam Pattern For Paper II
Candidates who will get shortlisted in the physical endurance test are eligible to appear for the Tier 2 exam.
- The SSC CPO Paper 2 exam is conducted to test the candidates’ understanding and knowledge of the English Language.
- There are a total of 200 questions and each question carries one mark.
- Paper 2 consists of objective Multiple Choice questions.
- The total time duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- There is no sectional cut-off in the SSC CPO exam.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English language & Comprehension||200||200||120 minutes|
SSC CPO Syllabus 2021 PDF | SSC CPO Study Material PDF
SSC CPO 2021 Exam Syllabus For Paper-I
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type.
- The topics are as follows:
- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy,
- Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification,
- Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series,
- Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding,
- Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations,
- Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences,
- Punched hole/ pattern –folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion,
- Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching,
- Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers,
- Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification,
- Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence,
- Other sub-topics, if any.
- Questions are based on the general awareness of the environment and the candidate’s ability to apply it to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
- Questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries will also be asked, especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
The English section will test basic English and the writing skills of the candidate. It will have the following topics:
- Grammar: Blanks, Error-Finding and Phrase-changing
- Vocabulary: Synonyms-Antonyms, One-word substitution, Idioms and Phrases, Spelling etc.
- Reading Comprehension: Unseen Passage, Conclusion forming.
- Questions involve the appropriate use of numbers and tests the number sense of the candidate.
- The scope of the test will be:
- Computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers,
- Percentage. Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages,
- Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business,
- Mixtures and Allegation,
- Time & Distance, Time & Work,
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds,
- Graphs of Linear Equations,
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles,
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles,
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres,
- Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular right pyramid with a triangular or square base,
- Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles,
- Heights and Distances,
- Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
SSC CPO 2021 Exam Syllabus For Paper II | SSC CPO Study Material PDF
Paper-II: English Language & Comprehension:
The questions in this section will be asked to test the candidate’s understanding and basic knowledge of English Language. The various topics under this section are
- Filling the blanks,
- Synonyms and Antonyms,
- Spelling check/ Detection of misspelt words,
- Idioms & Phrases,
- One-word Substitution,
- Improvement of Sentences,
- The active/ passive voice of verbs,
- Conversion into the direct/ indirect narration,
- Shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage,
- Cloze test & Comprehension.
SSC CPO Books 2021 | SSC CPO Study Material PDF
- The candidates can go throught the reference books suitable for them as they provide a path or direction to their preparation.
- They are designed according to the latest SSC CPO Syllabus and Exam pattern.
- Also, some reference books have numerous mock and previous year questions helping them in practising more and more problems.
|Objective General English||S.P Bakshi||Arihant|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis||Goyal Publisher|
|A Mirror Of Common Errors||Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh||–|
|Paramount English for General Competitions Volume – 1||Paramount Authors||KD Publication|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma||Arihant|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal||S Chand|
|Advance Maths||Rakesh Yadav||–|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Pandey||Bsc Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd|
|A Modern Approach to Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal||S Chand|
|Manorama Yearbook 2020||Mammen Mathew||The Malayala Manorama|
|Quick General Awareness||–||Disha Publication|
SSC CPO Exam Centres 2021
- The SSC CPO Exam is conducted in 90 centres across the country.
- The candidate has the option to choose 3 exam centres based on the order of their preference.
- The Commission reserves the right to award any centre to the candidate irrespective of his/her choice.
- However, mostly all the candidates get the centres they have listed.
|Examination Centres & Centre Code||Address of Regional Offices|
|Bhagalpur (3201), Patna (3206), Muzaffarpur (3205), Agra (3001), Varanasi (3013), Allahabad (3003), Lucknow (3010)||Regional Director(CR), Staff Selection Commission,21-23, Lowther Road,Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh-211002|
|Kolkata (4410), Port Blair (4802), Gangtok (4001), Bhubaneshwar (4604), Ranchi (4205)||Regional Director (ER), Staff Selection Commission,1st, MSO Building, (8th Floor) 234/4, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Kolkata, West Bengal-700020|
|Bangalore (9001), Thiruvananthapuram (9211), Kochi (9204), Thrisur (9212), Gulbarga (9005), Mangalore (9008), Dharwar (9004), Kozhikode (Calicut) (9206), Mysore (9009)||Regional Director(KKR), Staff Selection Commission,1stFloor, “E” Wing, Kendriya Sadan, Koramangala, Bangalore, Karnataka-560034|
|Delhi (2201), Jaipur (2405), Jodhpur (2406), Kota (2407), Bharatpur (2403), Bikaner (2404), Udaipur (2409), Ajmer (2401), Alwar (2402), Sriganganagar (2408), Dehradun (2002), Haldwani (2003), Almora (2001), Haridwar (2005)||Regional Director (NR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110504|
|Guwahati (Dispur) (5105), Itanagar (5001), Dibrugarh (5102), Jorhat (5107), Silchar (5111), Imphal (5501), Shillong (5401), Aizwal (5701), Kohima (5302), Agartala (5601), Churachandpur (5502), Tura (5402), Goalpara (5104), Tezpur (5112), Lakhimpur (5109)||Regional Director(NER), Staff Selection Commission, Housefed Complex, West End Block, Last Gate, Beltola BasisthaRoad, Dispur Guwahati, Assam-781006|
|Hyderabad (8002), Guntur (8001), Kurnool (8003), Rajahmundry (8004), Tirupati (8006), Chennai (8201), Puducherry (8401), Tiruchirapalli (8206), Vishakhapatnam (8007), Vijayawada (8008)||Regional Director (SR), Staff Selection Commission, EVK Sampath Building, 2ndFloor, College Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-600006|
|Aurangabad (7202), Mumbai (7204), Kolhapur (7203), Nagpur (7205), Panaji (7801), Pune (7208), Ahmedabad (7001), Vadodara (7002), Rajkot (7006), Nashik (7207), Amravati (7201), Surat (7007), Kutch (7010), Thane(7210)||Regional Director (WR), Staff Selection Commission,1stFloor, South Wing, Pratishta Bhawan, 101 M.K. Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400020|
|Indore (6006), Jabalpur (6007), Jagdalpur (6203), Chindwara (6003), Bilaspur (6202), Satna (6014), Ratlam (6011), Sagar (6015), Durg (6205), Raipur (6204), Bhopal (6001), Gwalior (6005)||Dy. Director (MPR), Staff Selection Commission, “J-5” Anupam Nagar, Raipur, Chhatisgarh-492001|
|Leh (1005), Chandigarh (1601), Jammu (1004), Srinagar (J&K) (1007), Shimla (1203), Hamirpur (1202)||Dy. Director (NWR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 3, Gr. Floor, Kendriya Sadan, Sector-9, Chandigarh-160017|
Guidelines for Exam Centres
- Candidates are advised to visit the exam centre one day in advance to check the feasibility of reaching there, and the time actually required to reach the centre. Also, the candidate doesn’t have to waste time locating the exam centre on the SSC CPO Exam date.
- Reaching the SSC CPO 2021 Exam Centre well ahead of the reporting time is essential.
- Some exam centres might not have space to hold the candidate’s belongings. Therefore, the candidates have to manage these things.
- Parking facility might not be available in certain SSC CPO exam centres, so the candidates must plan their travel accordingly.
General tips to crack SSC CPO exam
- Candidates must solve different types of questions from each topic.
- Analysis your mistakes and weak areas.
- Strengthen your weak areas.
- Candidates must make notes of topics.
- Revise the topics regularly.
- Clear concepts and basics.
- Study at least three to four regularly.
- Go through the previous years’ question papers.
- Attempt sectional and full-length mock tests
- Buy the best SSC CPO books.
SSC CPO Admit Card 2021 : SSC CPO Study Material PDF
The admit card of the SSC CPO 2021 exam will be issued on the official website. The date of issue of the hall ticket will be updated in the official notification by the authorities. The exam conducting is not responsible to send the admit card to all the registered candidates of SSC CPO . Steps to Download the Admit Card of SSC CPO
- Visit the official website of SSC CPO
- Choose the link to the SSC CPO group for which you have applied
- Enter the registered login ID and password
- Now click on the link to download the SSC CPO admit card
- Download the admit card and check all the necessary details as the date of birth, name, gender, roll number, exam date, time, sign, exam center, candidate’s category, etc.
- Now, take out the print to carry at the exam center of SSC CPO . (A valid Id card is mandatory for all the candidates to carry at the exam center along with the admit card of SSC CPO 2021)
SSC CPO Result 2021 : SSC CPO Study Material PDF
The authorities will issue the result of the SSC CPO exam on the official website separately for all the groups. To check and download the result of SSC CPO can follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official website of SSC CPO
- Select the result notification from the notification section
- Click on the SSC CPO result notification
- Now, select and open the PDF of your group
- Enter the registration number in the search bar to check your score on the SSC CPO exam
- Download and save a copy of the PDF for future reference.
How to Calculate your SSC CPO CBT marks?
The Candidates must be aware of the process on how to calculate the marks from the answer key and compare it with their cutoff to have a better understanding of their chances of selection.
- The total number of questions asked in the Computer based online test (CBT) is 200 for 200 marks
- The total marks for each correct answer is 1.
- 0.25 negative marks for an incorrect answer
- Total number of marks = 1*Total number of correct answers – 0.25*Total number of incorrect answers.
SSC CPO Cut Off
The SSC CPO Cut Off 2021 is released by the SSC CPO after the preliminary exam has been conducted. The SSC CPO Cut Off changes each year depending on a variety of factors. These factors include:
- The first factor that plays a large role in finalising the official cutoffs is the number of vacancies available for the post.
- The total number of candidates appearing for the exam are also considered while setting the cutoffs. This ratio plays a large role in finalising the qualifying marks.
- The difficulty level of the exam in the recruitment stage is a major factor that determines the official cut off stats.
- Previous Year cut off trends are also taken in account for the consideration of the final cut off marks.
SSC CPO Expected Cutoff
|UR||101 – 104||104 – 106|
|OBC||91 – 93||96 – 98|
|SC||70 – 72||74 – 76|
|ST||74 – 76||74 – 76|
|EWS||86 – 88||92 – 94|
SSC CPO 2020 Cut Off
In the table below, category-wise SSC CPO 2020 cut off marks for both male and female, also total availability of the aspirants who appeared for the exam.
|Category||Paper I Cut off (Female)||Paper I Cut off (Male)|
SSC CPO 2019 cut off
The SSC CPO 2019 cut off for each category is given in the table below.
|Category||Cut off for Male (Open Vacancies)||Cut off for female (Open vacancies)|
SSC CPO FAQs : SSC CPO Study Material PDF
|Q. Is SSC CPO exam conducted every year?
Q. How to apply for SSC CPO exam?
Q. Will, there be any Interview in SSC CPO exam?
Q. How is the tie resolved in SSC CPO Selection Process?
You can also check the Study Material of other SSC Exam in India here
|SSC MTS Study Material PDF||SSC Stenographer Study Material PDF|
|SSC CHSL Study Material PDF
||SSC JE Study Material PDF|
|SSC JHT Study Material PDF
||SSC CGL Study Material PDF|