Russia Ukraine War Conflict Pdf | Russia Ukraine Conflict Summary PPT – The ongoing dispute between Russia and Ukraine does not seem to be ending. There are 125,000 Russian army personnel standing on ukraine’s borders. The situation is so serious that a war between nato countries and the Russian army can start anytime. Meanwhile, efforts are on to stop the war, but no results have been reached so far. After all, what’s the dispute? What is the dispute between Russia and Ukraine, which seems to be creating a war-like situation?
The dispute between Russia and Ukraine is not fresh. Its roots are quite deep. Russia and Ukraine were part of the Soviet Union. After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the relationship between Russia and the United States remained in the balance, but independent states adjacent to Europe came closer to the West and the United States. Russia did not like the proximity of european countries and the United States of America to the states that were independent of the Soviet Union. The dispute deepened in the battle between the Us and Russia. On the other hand, the proximity of Ukraine and NATO is not going to go down well with Russia. Due to this, Russia has also tightened its grip on Ukraine. Let’s know what else is at the root of the dispute between Russia and Ukraine.
Russia Ukraine War Conflict Pdf | Russia Ukraine Conflict Summary UPSC
Russia Ukraine War Conflict Pdf | Russia Ukraine Conflict Summary UPSC
|Topic||Russia – Ukraine Crisis|
|Category||International Current Affairs|
|Important For||All Exams And For Students, Researchers|
What is the history and geography of Ukraine?
- Ukraine is the second-largest country in Europe.
- Ukraine became independent after the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, during which about 30 million Russians were expelled from their native country.
- Most of them were in Ukraine, and the samans of Ukraine are bordered by Russia in the north-east and east, Belarus in the north-west, Poland and Slovakia in the west, and Hungary and Romania in the southwest.
What is the root of the war between Ukraine and Russia?
- The people of the eastern part of Ukraine have deep dissatisfaction with the country, which russia is also taking advantage of.
- It has surrounded Ukraine from three sides.
- If we talk about the root of the war between these two countries, in simple terms, Russia does not want Ukraine’s strength to increase or to have better relations with the West.
- The people of Ukraine are also divided into two parts.
- The nationalists of Ukraine lobby to come out of the shadow of Russia and become part of western countries.
- At the same time, people who associate themselves with Russia within Ukraine do not seem to be in favor of it. In such a situation, the situation has become even more complicated.
When did the conflict and tension begin?
- In 2014, Russia took control of Crimea, which was part of Ukraine.
- Crimea is the peninsula that the Soviet Union gifted to Ukraine in 1954.
- When Ukraine separated from the Soviet Union, tensions between the two countries over Crimea were also created several times.
- In 2015, France and Germany signed a peace deal between Russia and Ukraine in the Belarusian capital, Minsk.
- After that, the situation became peaceful. Species In News UPSC Pdf 2022 | Plant & Species In News Compilation
What does Russia want?
- Since then, Ukraine has been trying to improve its relations with the West, and Russia does not like this.
- He does not want Ukraine to have good relations with western countries or become a member of NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization).
- Being a member of NATO means that if a third country attacks any country in the organization, all members will come together to counter it.
- Russia says that if ukraine gets help from NATO, then everyone will have to face the consequences.
NATO Countries : Russia Ukraine War Conflict Pdf | Russia Ukraine Conflict News | UPSC
The member states of NATO are:
In the order of joining NATO:
NATO partner countries are:
Meanwhile, the US has steadily increased its military presence in Ukraine.What is the current situation?
- In 2021, the US has provided $650 million worth of military equipment and support to Ukraine, while Vladimir Putin has demonstrated strength by deploying millions of his troops along the border with Ukraine in Russia and Belarus.
- No solution has been found so far.
What is the Minsk Agreement?
Minsk I :
- In September 2014, Ukraine and separatists supported by Russia reached a 12-point ceasefire agreement in the capital of Belarus.
- It includes provisions for prisoner exchanges, humanitarian relief delivery, and the removal of heavy weapons.
- The agreement immediately fell apart, with both sides violating it.
Minsk II :
- In 2015, at the mediation of France and Germany, an open conflict was averted after the ‘Minsk II’ peace agreement was signed.
- Its goal was to put an end to the fighting in the rebel-held regions and hand over the border to Ukrainian troops.
- Representatives from Russia, Ukraine, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), and the leaders of two pro-Russian separatist areas all signed the agreement.
- The OSCE is the world’s largest intergovernmental security organization. Its mandate encompasses problems like arms control, human rights promotion, press freedom, and fair elections.
Why is Russia Attacking Ukraine ?
- Russia Do Not Want NATO expansion At Any Cost.
- Since 1997 Many Bordering Countries Joined NATO. Now Ukraine Also Want To Join NATO Which Russia Do Not Like .
- Russia Also Do Not Like “Orange Revolutions” popping up all over on its borders.
- Also Russia pushes all involved parties to keep their promise and comply with Minsk agreements.
- Let me tell you that Ukraine shares a border with Europe on the west and Russia in the east.
- Until 1991, Ukraine was a member of the Soviet Union. Tensions between Russia and Ukraine began in 2013.
- In November 2013, protests against then-President Viktor Yanukovych began in Ukraine’s capital Kiev.
- Russia’s support was to Yanukovych, while the US-UK were supporting the protesters.
- Yanukovych had to flee the country in February 2014. Angered by this, Russia occupied Crimea in southern Ukraine.
- As well as supported the separatists there. Separatists occupied large parts of eastern Ukraine.
- Since then, fighting has been going on between pro-Russian separatists and ukraine’s military.
- Because of Russia, Ukraine is trying to improve its relations with the West, while Russia is against it.
- Let me tell you that despite not being a member, Ukraine has good relations with NATO.
- In 1949, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) was established to counter the Soviet Union.
Russia-Ukraine crisis: What will be the harm to India if Russia attacks Ukraine?
- The crux of the problem with India is that its relations with both the countries are strong.
- At the same time, India also has good relations with the European countries standing in favour of Ukraine and those countries are counted among india’s important partners.
- India, which follows its Panchsheel principles, usually does not interfere in mutual disputes.
- In such a situation, the problem is that if India supports Russia, then america will be angry and if it supports america standing in favor of ukraine, then russia will be angry.
- India would like neither to offend the US nor russia.
- Even today, India’s biggest defence partner is Russia.
Trade And Business Impact On India :
India’s big Concern : Students & Trade
Diplomatic Gains and Losses For Idnia Due To Russia – Ukraine Crisis :
Consequences of the Russian Invasion On Ukraine : Global Level
|Rise in oil prices||
|Influx of refugees||
|Shortage of semiconductor chips||