RRB Group D Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Books – The RRB Group D Study Material are one of the most important pieces of information that every candidate must have before they start your preparation for RRB Group D Examination Knowing the best Study Material helps you in quality preparation. To crack the examinations like RRB Group D the candidates must be aware of what are the best Study Material for 1st Stage CBt and 2nd Stage CBT Examinations.
RRB Group D Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Books
|Organisation Name||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Exam Name||RRB Group D|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of exam||Computer-based test (Online)|
|Job Location||Across India|
RRB Group D Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to appear and qualify for RRB Group D exam is based on educational qualifications, age limit, medical conditions, citizenship etc. Candidates can check the detailed criteria given below.
Nationality and Citizenship
The candidates who are interested in the Group D Jobs must be:
- A Citizen of India, or
- A Subject to Nepal, or
- A subject to Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962, with an intention to settle permanently in India.
- A person with an Indian Origin but has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries such as Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam etc. with an intention of permanently settling in India.
- The candidate who comes under the criteria of (b), (c), (d), (e) must provide a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- The candidates who are applying for this job must have passed 10th Class Qualifications
- National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT
- ITI from the institutions recognized by NCVT/SCVT.
- The candidates must be under the age limit between 18 years to 33 years as on 01.07.2021.
- Relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable for the Reserved Category students. The details regarding the Relaxation criteria is mentioned in details in the RRB CEN02/2021 Official Notification. The candidates can refer the Official Notification for further details.
|Category||Community||Relaxation in Upper Limit|
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer (NCL)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen candidates who have put in more than 6 months service after attestation||UR||33 years of age plus Number of years of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years|
|OBC-Non Creamy||36 years of age plus Number of years of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years|
|SC/ST||38 years of age plus Number of years of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD)||UR||10 years|
|Candidates have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.||UR||38 years of age|
|OBC-NCL||41 years of age|
|SC/ST||43 years of age|
|Candidates who are serving Group ‘C’ and erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes and put in a minimum of 3 years service||UR||40 years|
|Candidates who are working in Quasi-Administrative offices of the Railway organization||UR||33 years of age plus length of service rendered or 5 years, whichever is lower.|
|OBC-NCL||36 years of age plus length of service rendered or 5 years, whichever is lower.|
|SC/ST||38 years of age plus length of service rendered or 5 years, whichever is lower.|
|Women candidates, who are widowed, divorced or judicially separated from their husband but not remarried.||UR||35 years|
|Course Completed Act Apprentices applying for the posts for which minimum qualification is ITI/Course Completed Act Apprenticeship||UR||33 years of age plus the extent of Apprentice Training undergone by them under the Apprentice Act 1961 subject to a maximum of three years.|
|OBC-NCL||36 years of age plus the extent of Apprentice Training undergone by them under the Apprentice Act 1961 subject to a maximum of three years.|
|SC/ST||38 years of age plus the extent of Apprentice Training undergone by them under the Apprentice Act 1961 subject to a maximum of three years.|
|Candidates who have commenced Act Apprenticeship under the Apprenticeship Act before attaining the age of 25 years||UR||35 years|
- Like educational qualification, the railway board has prescribed the RRB Group D medical requisites in the notification.
- Candidates who are called for DV – document verification have to pass the required medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration.
- The medical fitness tests are conducted to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post opted by them.
- Visual Acuity Standard is one of the important criteria of medical fitness of railway staff.
- The medical standards are indicative and not exhaustive and apply to candidates in general
- Candidates who have undergone Lasik surgery or any other surgery procedure to correct refractive error are not eligible for the post having Medical Standards A2, A3, B1 and B2.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that they are eligible as per the medical standards for the posts opted by them. Candidates found medically unsuitable for the applied post (s) shall not be given any alternative appointment
|Medical Standard||General Fitness||Visual Acuity – All Must pass tests for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Night Vision, Mesopic vision etc.|
|A-2||Physically fit in all respects||
- Mode of Application : Online
- Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
- RRB Group D application form is released online by Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs).
- The application fee for RRB Group D was Rs. 500 for candidates of General category
- Fee was Rs. 250 for candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC categories. The mode of payment of the application fee was both online and offline.
|Category||Application Fee||Application Fee Amount to be Refunded after CBT|
|General (UR)||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 400/-|
|PwBD / Female /Transgender/ Ex-Servicemen candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/Minority Communities/ Economically Backward Class.||Rs. 250/-||Rs. 250/- (deducting bank charges)|
The step-by-step instructions for RRB Group online application process are as follows:
- New Registration: Select the RRB which you wish to apply for and click on “New Registration”. The RRB once selected cannot be changed after the Registration Number is allotted.
- Registration Details: Enter your name, Date of Birth and Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Aadhaar Number, Secondary (class 10th) Registration Number, Year of Passing, Mobile Number, and Email-Id and then submit. After verification of mobile number and password through OTP; Registration number will be displayed on screen.
- RRB Group D Application Process Part-I: Candidates need to provide the details of Educational Qualification, Community, Gender, Religion, Ex-SM, Minority, EWS, and other details as applicable.
- RRB Group D Application Process Part-II: The candidate has to indicate his/her priority/preference of the posts.
- Payment and Bank Account Details: On completion of the above application process the candidates will be directed to the payment page. RRB Group D application fee payment can be done online as well as offline mode.
- Exam Language and Other Details: Select the language of RRB Group D exam 2021. However English is the default language. Fill in other details like Mother Tongue, Identification Marks, Permanent Address, etc.
- Photo Id Proof: Candidates will have to fill in the details of a valid Photo ID card in the application which they will have to bring in as proof during CBT, PET, DV, Medical, or any subsequent stages of the exam.
- Bank Account Details for Application Fee Refund: Candidates who have appeared in CBT will be eligible for an application fee refund. Candidates will get a refund of the application fee in the same account through which they have made the payment. Those candidates who do not wish to receive the refund in the account through which payment is done or those who paid their application fee through challan; must furnish the beneficiary account details in the online application form.
- Photograph/ Signature and Caste Certificate Upload: The photograph must have been taken on or after January 1, 2019. The size of the photograph must range between 20 KB to 50 KB whereas the signature must range between 10 KB to 40 KB. Candidates belonging to SC/ST communities will have to upload scanned copies (50 KB to 100 KB) of their caste certificate to avail of a free Railway Travelling Pass during the RRB Group D exam.
- Final Submit: After confirming the declaration candidates can submit their application and download a PDF copy of the submitted application for future reference.
RRB Group D Salary
|Salary Components||RRB Group D Salary Amount|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 18,000/-|
|DA (12% of Basic Pay)||Rs. 2,160|
|HRA (24% of Basic Pay)||Rs. 4,320|
|TA (Rs. 3,600 + 12% DA on TA)||Rs. 4,032|
|Gross Salary||Rs. 28,512|
RRB Group D Exam Pattern
Based on the performance of candidates in the Computer Based Test (CBT), they would be required to go for the PET/Document Verification. The examination duration and number of questions for CBT are indicated below:
1st Stage: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- The total duration of the exam is 90 minutes.
- There will be a total of 100 questions, out of which 55 questions from Mathematics and Reasoning Topic; 45 questions from General Science, General Knowledge, and Current Affairs.
- There will be negative marking. 1/3 of the marks will be deducted for every incorrect response.
No. of Questions
General Intelligence & Reasoning
General Awareness and Current Affairs
2nd Stage: Physical Efficiency Test (PET) | RRB Group D Study Material PDF
The physical efficiency test requirements for both male and female candidates are given below. All candidates must successfully finish the task in the first attempt.
- Carry the weight of 35 kg for a distance of 100 meters in two minutes.
- Run for a distance of 1000 meters in 4 minutes and 15 seconds.
- The candidates will not be allowed for a second try if they fail to complete the test in one go.
|To carry 35 kg of weight||100 metres||2 Minutes||Must not out the weight down.|
|Running||1000 metres||4 Minutes 15 seconds||The task must be completed in 1 chance|
- Carry the weight of 20 kg for a distance of 100 meters in two minutes.
- Run for a distance of 1000 meters in 5 minutes and 40 seconds
- The candidates will not be allowed for a second try if they fail to complete the test in one go.
|To carry 20 kg weight||100 metres||2 Minutes||Must not out the weight down.|
|Running||1000 metres||5 Minutes 40 Seconds||The task must be completed in 1 chance|
3rd Stage: Document Verification
- Based on the performance of candidates in the CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates will be called for document verification.
- Shortlisted candidates should produce NOC from the employer on the date of his/her DV failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
- Signatures of the candidates on all documents should be identical, either in English or Hindi.
Candidates are required to carry the following documents (in original along with two sets of self-attested photocopies) for the document verification process:
- Matriculation/ High School Examination or an equivalent certificate for Date of Birth proof and Matriculation Qualification.
- NCVT(NAC/ NTC)/ SCVT certificate as applicable.
- SC/ST certificate
- OBC-NCL certificate (Must be issued not before one year from the date of document verification)
- Non-creamy layer declaration by OBC-NCL category candidates
- Income Certificate for Waiving Examination Fee for Economically Backward Classes
- Income and Asset Certificate to be produced by Economically Weaker Sections
- Minority Community declarations on Non-judicial Stamp Paper
- Medical Certificate for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD)
- Original discharge certificate for Ex-servicemen
- Self-declaration for Ex-servicemen
- NOC from serving Defense Personnel (ExSM) with probable date of discharge
- NOC from serving employees with the date of appointment from their current employer
- Gazette notification and/or any Legal document in case of formal change of name
- Receipt of offline payment (challan of SBI branch or Pay-in-slip of Post Office)
- Self-Certification by the Transgender candidates
- J & K domicile certificate, if applicable.
- Certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India
- Decree of divorce/ judicial separation from the competent court of law and Affidavit stating that the candidate has not remarried (if applicable)
- Death Certificate of the husband in case of widow and Affidavit stating that the candidate has not remarried (if applicable)
- Ex-SM candidates who secure civil employment after applying for this recruitment should give self-declaration to the concerned employer about the details of application against this recruitment as soon as they join. The acknowledged copy of this declaration along with NOC from the civil employer should be produced during document verification.
Syllabus for RRB Group D Exam | RRB Group D Study Material PDF
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Science
- General Awareness and Current Affairs.
- Number System
- Ration & Proportion
- Time & Distance
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Elementary Statistics
- Geometry & Trigonometry
- Square Root
- Calendar & Clock
- Age Calculations
- Pipes & Cistern
General Intelligence & Reasoning Syllabus
- Coding and Decoding
- Venn Diagram
- Mathematics operations
- Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
- Conclusions and Decision making
- Analytical Reasoning
- Statement – Arguments & Assumptions
- Alphabetical and Number Series
- Similarities and Differences
General Science Syllabus
- Life Sciences
General Awareness Syllabus
- Indian Railways
- Indian Constitution
- Books and Authors
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
- Indian Economy
- Countries and Capitals
- Awards and Recognitions
- Countries and Currencies
- Science and Technology
- Union Budget
RRB Group D Question Paper 2021 | RRB Group D Study Material PDF
The RRB Group D question paper is one of the aspects while preparing for RRB Group D exam 2021. Aspirants must solve the question paper of RRB Group D regularly to know your preparation level and precision while attempting the questions. The RRB Group D question paper will help the students to understand the exam pattern and syllabus of RRB Group D properly. It is important to cover Railway Group D syllabus on time 2021.
RRB Group D Best Books 2021
One of the best ways to start the preparation is choosing the best book that needs to be based on the latest RRB Group d syllabus. Check below the table to know more about the best books of RRB Group D 2021:
RRB Group D books
General Intelligence & Reasoning
General Awareness & Current Affairs
Preparation Tips for RRB Group D Exam
The RRB Group D exam comprises Mathematics, General Science, General Intelligence & Reasoning, and General Awareness sections. Some general tips for the exam preparation are:
- Begin with understanding the exam pattern and syllabus. Also, get aware of the marking scheme. There is a negative marking of 1/3 marks for every incorrect response in the CBT.
- Make a time-table that you can follow easily with your current schedule. Make time for every subject i.e. study each subject every day. Keep breaks between the study sessions.
- Practice as much as you can. Practice previous years’ question papers and appear for the online mock tests.
- After practising/ solving the question papers, analyse your mistakes and work on them.
RRB Group D Exam Centres
|RRB Region||Group D Exam Centres|
|Andhra Pradesh||Amalapuram, Anantapur, Bhimavaram, Challapalli, Chirala, Chittoot, Eluru, Gooty, Gudivada, Gudur, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kanchikachera, Kavali, Kurnool, Nandyal, Narasapuram, Narasaraopet, Nellore, Ongole, Prodattur, Puttur, Rajahmundry, Rajam, Rajampet, Srikakulam, Surampalem, Tadipalligudem, Tekkali, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vuzuabagran|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Johrat, Kokrajhar, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Bihar Sharif, Darbhanga, Gaya, Hajipur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Samastipur, Siwan|
|Delhi/ NCR||Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, New Delhi, Noida|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Dadra, Gandhinagar, Godhra, Himatnagar, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Mehsana, Nadiad, Navsarim, Rajkot, Silvassa,Surat, Surendranagar, Vadodara, Valsad, Vapi|
|Haryana||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Gurgaon, Hisar, Jhajjar, Jind, Kaithal, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Mohindergarh, Panchkula, Panipat, Rewari, Rohtak, Sirsa, Sonipat, Yamuna Nagar|
|Karnataka||Bagalkot, Belgaum, Bellary, Bijapur, Chikballapur, Chikmagalpur, Davanagre, Dharwad, Gadag, Gulbarg, Hassan, Hubli, Kolar, Mangalore, Mysore, Puttur, Shimoga, Surathkal, Tumkur, Udupi, Uttara Kannada|
|Maharashtra||Ahmednagar, Akola, Amaravati, Aurangabad, Beed, Bhandara, Buladena, Chandrapur, Dhule, Ghadchiroli, Gondia, Jalgaon, Latur, Madgaon, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nandurbar, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pandharpur, Parbhani, Pimpri, Chinchwad, Pune, Raigad, Ratnagiri, Sangamner, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Sindhudurg, Thane, Wardha, Washim, Yavatmal|
|Punjab||Abohar, Amritsar, Banur, Barnala, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh, Sahib, Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar, Kapurthala, Khanna, Ludhiana, Malout, Moga, Mohali, Muktasar, Nawanshahr, Pathankot, Patiala, Phagwara, Ropar, Sangrur.|
|Rajasthan||Abu Road, Ajmer, Alwar, Bharatpur, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Chittorgarh, Dungarpur, Hanumangarh, Jaipur, Jhunjhunu, Jodhpur, Kota, Pali Marwar, Sikar, Sriganagnagar, Tonk, Udaipur|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Amroha, Banda, Barabanki, Bareilly, Bijnor, Bulandshahr, Faizabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Kaushambi, Lucknow, Mathura, Sitapur, Sultanpur, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Bankura, Berhampore, Bishnupur, Burdwan, Durgapur, Haldia, Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Greater Kolkata, Krishnagar, Siliguri|
Important Instruction on CBT for RRB 2021 Group D Exam
- Candidates must carry a valid ID proof along with e-Call Letter/ Admit Card.
- Electronic devices, calculators, bangles, belts, bracelets, metallic wears, etc. are not allowed inside the exam hall.
- Candidates are advised not to wear Mehandi/ Henna on their left thumb which would affect the registration processes.
- The Self Declaration paragraph will be displayed on the computer before the examination which the candidates should copy it in the e-Call Letter only in the exam hall.
- Candidates should click on Save and Next once they have selected their answers.
- Any form of malpractices will not be entertained and the candidates will be disqualified immediately from the exam.
RRB Group D Admit Card 2021 : RRB Group D Study Material PDF
The admit card of the RRB Group D 2021 exam will be issued on the official website. The date of issue of the hall ticket will be updated in the official notification by the authorities. The exam conducting is not responsible to send the admit card to all the registered candidates of RRB Group D.
Steps to Download the Admit Card of RRB Group D
- Visit the official website of RRB Group D
- Choose the link to the RRB Group D group for which you have applied
- Enter the registered login ID and password
- Now click on the link to download the RRB Group D admit card
- Download the admit card and check all the necessary details as the date of birth, name, gender, roll number, exam date, time, sign, exam center, candidate’s category, etc.
- Now, take out the print to carry at the exam center of RRB Group D . (A valid Id card is mandatory for all the candidates to carry at the exam center along with the admit card of RRB Group D 2021)
RRB Group D Result 2021 : RRB Group D Study Material PDF
The authorities will issue the result of the RRB Group D exam on the official website separately for all the groups. To check and download the result of RRB Group D candidates can follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official website of RRB Group D
- Select the result notification from the notification section
- Click on the RRB Group D result notification
- Now, select and open the PDF of your group
- Enter the registration number in the search bar to check your score on the RRB Group D exam
- Download and save a copy of the PDF for future reference.
RRB Group D Cut Off
The RRB Group D Cut Off 2021 is released by the RRB Group D after the preliminary exam has been conducted. The RRB Group D Cut Off changes each year depending on a variety of factors. These factors include:
- The first factor that plays a large role in finalizing the official cutoffs is the number of vacancies available for the post.
- The total number of candidates appearing for the exam are also considered while setting the cutoffs. This ratio plays a large role in finalizing the qualifying marks.
- The difficulty level of the exam in the recruitment stage is a major factor that determines the official cut off stats.
- Previous Year cut off trends are also taken in account for the consideration of the final cut off marks.
RRB Group D Previous Cut Off
|RRB Zone||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Ahmedabad||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Allahabad||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Bhubaneshwar||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Bhopal||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Bengaluru||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Bilaspur||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Chennai||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Chandigarh||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Guwahati||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Gorakhpur||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Kolkata||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Mumbai||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Patna||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Ranchi||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Secunderabad||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
RRB Group D FAQs : RRB Group D Study Material PDF
Q: How many exam stages are there for RRB Group D?
Q: Is there any qualifying marks in RRB Group D exam?
Q: What is the job profile for RRB Group D?
Q. Is there any negative marking for the RRB Group D CBT Exam?
Q. What is the criteria of selection followed in RRB Group D recruitment 2021?
Q. What are the subjects in the RRB/RRC Group D CBT exam?
Q. What is the exam duration for RRB Group D Exam?