RPF SI Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Books | Old Paper – The RPF SI Study Material are one of the most important pieces of information that every candidate must have before they start your preparation for RPF SI Examination Knowing the best Study Material helps you in quality preparation. To crack the examinations like RPF SI the candidates must be aware of what are the best Study Material for 1st Stage CBT and 2nd Stage CBT Examinations.
RPF SI Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Books | Old Paper
|Exam Name||Railway Protection Force ( RPF ) & Railway Protection Special Force Sub Inspectors Exam|
|Organization Name||Ministry of Railways|
|Group||A, B, C, D, E & F|
|Stages of Exam||
|Exam Purpose||Recruitment of SI in RPF and RPSF|
|Language||Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Manipuri and Konkani|
|Mode of applying||Online|
|Application Fee||500 Rs (Online & Offline)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counseling||Online & Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Frequency of Conduct||Vacancy Based|
Candidates aspiring for the RPF SI exam must check the eligibility criteria before registering for the exam. These include educational qualification, age limit, physical fitness and many more. These are some eligibility criteria mentioned below which are set by the exam officials for the candidates who are willing to apply for the RPF SI exam.
A candidate must be an Indian citizen to be eligible for the RPF SI exam.
Number of Attempts
- There is no such limit on the number of attempts.
- A candidate can give as many attempts he/she wishes to until they fulfill the age criteria or until notified by the authority.
- Hope you have understood the RPF SI eligibility criteria required for the RPF SI exams.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or its equivalent.
- The minimum age and maximum age for the RPF SI Exam is between 20 and 25 years respectively.
- Relaxations between 2 to 10 years are given for reserved categories.
Relaxations in Age limit
|ST & SC Candidate||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen applicants who have placed in at least a half years’ service after validation||To the degree of administration rendered in Armed Force
UR-3 years OBC (Non-smooth Layer)- 6 years SC/ST-8 years
|Central Govt. workers (Unreserved) other than ex-servicemen who have rendered at least 3 years of ordinary and nonstop assistance on the date of retribution||UR-5 years
OBC (Non-smooth layer) – 8 years SC/ST-10 years
|Widows, divorced ladies, and ladies judicially isolated from spouse yet remarried||UR-2 years
OBC (Non-velvety layer) – 5 years. SC/ST-7 years
|General||Male||Online & Offline||500|
|SC, ST, OBC||Male||Online & Offline||250|
|General, ST, SC, OBC||Female||Online & Offline||250|
- Before filling out the RPF SI application form, candidates must ensure that they meet all the eligibility criteria given below.
- For registration, candidates can visit the official website and complete the application form process.
- Candidates must complete the application process for RPF SI 2021 Exam in online mode only.
- No offline applications will be accepted.
Visiting the website
- Candidates need to visit the official website of the Indian Railways to complete the registration process. On the homepage of the website, click on “New Registration” link.
- Read all the information and instructions given and click the checkbox. Candidates should also select the Zonal group to which they are applying for.
- Candidates need to enter all the personal details such as name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, education board, Aadhaar number, State/UT, category, 10th standard roll number, year of passing 10th standard, phone number and valid email ID. Ensure all the information provided is correct and then submit it for registration.
Verification of mobile number and email ID
- An OTP will be sent to the candidate’s registered email ID and mobile number. Enter both the OTPs and verify. Candidates will be provided with a unique registration number. Click on the Candidate Login using the registration number and proceed to fill the application form.
Filling the application form
- Fill in the basic details in the form including detailed educational qualification, reservation details, mother tongue, address for communication, etc.
- Candidates should also choose the exam language from the drop-down section.
- Candidates should fill in their bank details for the refund of application amount post the CBT exam.
- Once the candidates have filled out the application form, they can proceed with the payment of RPF SI application form fee.
- Candidates can make the payment through any of these online modes- Net banking/Credit Card/Debit Card
- Apart from the online mode, candidates can also pay the application fee through the offline SBI Challan.
- Upload a photograph in JPG format with the dimensions 35mm X 45mm, and the size of the document must be between 15 kb-40 kb. Date of the photograph and name of the candidate should be printed on it.
- Candidates of SC/ST categories need to upload a JPG or JPEG file of their certificates to avail the free travel pass from the Indian Railways
- Confirm the declaration to complete the application process. Download the completed application form and take a printout for future reference.
|Category||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cms) (Applicable to Males only)|
|Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, and other Govt. Specified categories||163||155||80||85|
RPF SI 2021 Salary
Chosen applicants will be in level 6 of seventh CPC with introductory compensation of Rs 35,400. Moreover, aspirants are given remittances.
RPF SI Exam Pattern 2021 | RPF SI Study Material PDF
The RPF SI 2021 exam will be conducted in 3 stages- A Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT), and finally, Document Verification.
Computer Based Test ( Stage I)
- The written exam shall begin with this computer based test with 120 questions for 90 minutes.
- The CBT exam is an objective type paper which comprises 3 different subjects namely- General awareness, Arithmetic section, and General Intelligence and Reasoning session.
- The standard of questions in the examination shall be of graduation level.
- Each question shall carry 1 mark. And there shall be negative marking in case of wrong answers which shall be about 1/3rd of the marks.
- No marks shall be awarded or deducted in case of questions which are not attempted by the candidates.
- Candidates shall be required to score around 35% marks (30% marks in case of SC & ST candidates) in order to clear the CBT exam.
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Languages||English, Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani. Malayalam, Punjabi, Manipuri, Assamese, Marathi, Odia, Gujarati, Bengali|
|Total no. of Questions||120|
|Marking Scheme||A correct answer fetches 1 mark; ⅓ of marks will be deducted for every wrong answer; Marks are not affected if the question is left unattempted|
|Qualifying marks||35% for unreserved categories; 30% for SC/ST|
|Sections||General Awareness (50 Marks), Arithmetic (35 Marks), General Intelligence and Reasoning (35 Marks)|
|Languages||Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Odia, Assamese, Manipuri and Punjabi|
PET or PMT(Stage 2)
- Depending on the merit list of the CBT exam, candidates will be short listed for this stage and they shall be called for PET(Physical Efficiency Test) or PMT(Physical Measurement Test).
- The number of candidates appearing for this stage are usually around 10 times the number of vacancies.
- It is essential that the aspirants clear the PET as well as it is qualifying in nature as well.
- Candidates shall need to pass all the tests to be considered for selection in the RPF SI 2020 Examination.
|Various Categories||1600 mts. run||800 mts. run||Long jump (In ft)||High jump(In ft.)|
( Exe) Male
|6 minutes 30 seconds||–||12 ft||3 ft 9 inches|
|–||4 minutes||9 ft||3 feet|
Document Verification (Last Stage)
- Based on the performance of applicants in the CBT(Computer Based Test) & subject to their qualification in the PET(Physical Efficiency Test) or PMT(Physical Measurement Test), candidates shall be further invited for Document Verification.
- In cases 2+ candidates scoring the same marks, their merit position will be determined by age criteria i.e. the older person shall be given higher preference.
- Appointment of selected candidates shall be subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test as shall be conducted by the Railway Administration.
- A final verification of educational & category certificates, verification of character of the candidates via the local Administration and successful completion of initial training is also required.
- Candidates should take note that CRC(Central Recruitment Committee) definitely decides the names of the selected candidates and appointment is offered ONLY if the respective Railway Administration agrees.
- Candidates who do not make an appearance for the Document Verification process; shall not be considered for the final selection, irrespective of how they perform in the written examination & PET/PMT(Physical Efficiency Test/Physical Measurement Test).
RPF SI Syllabus PDF | RPF SI Study Material PDF
For the CBT Exam section of the RPF SI 2021 Exam, the difficulty scale of the exam will be of graduation level. Given below is the syllabus of the CBT Exam:
General Awareness Syllabus
- Indian History
- Art and Culture
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
- General Science
- Number Systems
- Decimal and fractions
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Fundamental Arithmetic Operations
- Tables and Graphs
General Intelligence and Reasoning Syllabus
- Spatial Visualization
- Problem Solving Analysis
- Similarities and differences
- Spatial Orientation
- Visual Memory
- Relationship concepts
- Verbal and Figure classification
- Number Series
- Non-verbal series
- Coding and Decoding
- Syllogistic Reasoning
RPF SI Book 2021
|Subject||Publication \ Author|
|Books for General Awareness||
|Books for Arithmetic||
|Books for General Intelligence and Reasoning||
RPF Preparation Tips
Excellent preparation is a must for cracking any competitive exam and RPF Exam 2021 is no exception. Unless candidates get appropriate tips for the preparation for this exam, they cannot think of qualifying for it. The tips are mentioned below one by one:
- First of all, download RPF Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
- Make a proper schedule for covering all the parts of the syllabus.
- Lay more focus on those parts with which you are completely unfamiliar.
- Keeping time constraint into consideration, spare time for your study.
- If you have the best study material from other sources, refer to them.
- Spare some time for your revision also.
- Solve previous years question papers.
- Stay happy and positive.
RPF SI Admit Card 2021 : RPF SI Study Material PDF
The admit card of the RPF SI 2021 exam will be issued on the official website. The date of issue of the hall ticket will be updated in the official notification by the authorities. The exam conducting is not responsible to send the admit card to all the registered candidates of RPF SI .
Steps to Download the Admit Card of RPF SI
- Visit the official website of RPF SI
- Choose the link to the RPF SI group for which you have applied
- Enter the registered login ID and password
- Now click on the link to download the RPF SI admit card
- Download the admit card and check all the necessary details as the date of birth, name, gender, roll number, exam date, time, sign, exam center, candidate’s category, etc.
- Now, take out the print to carry at the exam center of RPF SI . (A valid Id card is mandatory for all the candidates to carry at the exam center along with the admit card of RPF SI 2021)
RPF SI Result 2021 : RPF SI Study Material PDF
The authorities will issue the result of the RPF SI exam on the official website separately for all the groups. To check and download the result of RPF SI candidates can follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official website of RPF SI
- Select the result notification from the notification section
- Click on the RPF SI result notification
- Now, select and open the PDF of your group
- Enter the registration number in the search bar to check your score on the RPF SI exam
- Download and save a copy of the PDF for future reference.
RPF SI Cut Off
- RPF SI Cut off will be released a few days after the Computer Based Test (CBT) test is conducted.
- The RPF SI cut off is nothing but the marks needed to be scored by the candidate to qualify for the further stage of examination (PET/PMT).
- The RPF SI cut off will be different for different categories and the examination conducting body will have a final say in it.
Factors Affecting The RPF SI Cut Off
The following are the factors which affect the RPF SI Cut Off –
- The difficulty level of The Paper – More the difficulty level of the paper, less will be the RPF SI cut off.
- Total Number Of Candidates Appearing for the Exam – As the total candidates get increased the competition level also increases hence the scores in examination also increases. This will result in an increase in overall cut off
- Number Of Vacancies – If the number of vacancies is on the higher side there will be a possibility that cut off will remain low for RPF SI Examination.
How To Calculate Marks For RPF SI Exam 2021
- The RPF SI Examination will consist of 150 questions.
- Each question carries 1 marks, therefore the total marks become 150.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/3rd of the total marks
- There will be no negative markings for the question left unattempted
- Total Marks = No. of correct questions*1 – No. of incorrect answers * (1/3rd of total marks)
Expected RPF SI Cut Off
|Categories||Official Cut Off|
Previous Year RPF SI Cut Off
- The RPF SI Previous Year Cut Off for the year 2019 has been given in the table below
- The cutoff for Group A for all categories, including male and female is given below.
|Unreserved Categories (UR)||103.41||83.6|
- The cutoff for Group B for all categories, including male and female is given below.
- The group B includes Central Railway (CR), Western Railway (WR), West Central Railway (WCR) and South East Central Railway (SECR)
|Unreserved Categories (UR)||106.4||90.5|
- The cutoff for Group C for all categories including male and female is given below.
- The group C includes Eastern Railway (ER), East Central Railway (ECR), South Eastern Railway (SER) and East Coast Railway (ECoR)
|Unreserved Categories (UR)||98.63||82.3|
- The cutoff for Group D for all categories including male and female is given below.
- The group D includes Northern Railway (NR), North Eastern Railway (NER), North Western Railway (NWR) and North Central Railway (NCR)
|Unreserved Categories (UR)||119.68||94.85|
- The cutoff for Group E for all categories including male and female is given below.
- The group E is for the North East Frontier Railway (NFR) zone.
|Unreserved Categories (UR)||74.63||43.17|
- The cutoff for Group F for all categories including male and female is given below.
- The group D is for Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF).
|Unreserved Categories (UR)||76.99||–|
RPF SI FAQs : RPF SI Study Material PDF
Q. What is the marking scheme of the RPF SI CBT Exam?
Q. What is the exam fee for RPF SI?
Q. What is the process after selection?
Q. Which books are best for General Awareness?
Q. Where is the RPF SI Official Website?
You can also check the Study Material of other RRB Exam in India here
|RRB ALP Study Material PDF||RRB NTPC Study Material PDF|
|RPF SI Study Material PDF
||RPF Constable Study Material PDF