NATO Countries List With Map & Joining Date | Pdf Download – NATO is an Alliance that consists of 30 independent member countries. Country by country, this page offers an overview of the links to national information servers and to the website of national delegations to NATO. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NTO) was created in 1949 by the United States, Canada, and other Western European countries to provide collective protection against the Soviet Union. NATO constitutes a system of collective security, under which independent member states agree to mutual defence in response to an attack from an outside party. The list of NATO members is given below. Russia Ukraine War Conflict Pdf | Russia Ukraine Conflict News | UPSC
Currently the Intergovernmental Military Alliance, NATO consists of 30 countries from the original 12 countries that signed the North Atlantic Treaty on 4 April 1949. The founding members of NATO are Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the United Kingdom and the United States.
What is NATO ?
NATO is a military organization that includes the help of the military of 30 countries. Let us tell you that it is an intergovernmental military organization that was founded on April 4, 1949. Its second name is the Atlantic Alliance. Under this, a country sends its army to another country where they are given international training and at the same time they are also ordered to deal strictly with every situation.
- NATO is an intergovernmental military organization of some countries.
- Its purpose is to work on a shared security policy.
- For example, suppose if another country attacks a NATO country, the whole NATO country stands with the affected country and helps it.
- Its full name is the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), which in French is called OTAN, which is in a way the reverse of NATO. Right now NATO countries are supporting Ukraine.
The member states of NATO are:
- Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States.
In the order of joining NATO:
- 1949 – Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States.
- 1952 – Greece, Turkey
- 1955 – Germany
- 1982 – Spain
- 1999 – Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland
- 2004 – Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
- 2009 – Albania, Croatia
- 2017 – Montenegro
- 2020 – North Macedonia
NATO partner countries are:
- Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Finland, Georgia, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Kyrghyz Republic, Malta, The Republic of Moldova, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
NATO Headquarters :
- The NATO headquarters are located in Brussels, Belgium, while the headquarters of Allied Command Operations is near Mons, Belgium.
|Year of Joining||Member States|
NATO Partner Countries List 2022 :
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Ireland, Kazakhstan
- Kyrghyz Republic
- The Republic of Moldova
Why was NATO formed? : NATO Countries List 2022
- Now let us tell you how NATO came into existence and only then will you understand why NATO countries are standing against Russia.
- In fact, after The Second World War, the world was divided into two camps and at that time there were two super powers, including the United States and the Soviet Union.
- At that time, other than the Soviet Union, other than the Soviet Union, other than the Other Camp, had started efforts to improve their economy, and at the same time, those countries had formed this organization to secure themselves from the Soviet Union and other countries so that they could come together and protect themselves.
NATO Full Form : NATO Countries List
NATO stands for The North Atlantic Treaty Organization. In Hindi it is called the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. The number of countries that have joined is 30.
NATO History And Background :
- In 1945, when World War II ended, the Soviet Union and the United States became superpowers.
- Due to this, the possibility of a potential threat to Europe was increased, in view of which France, Britain, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg countries signed a treaty.
- This treaty is called the Treaty of Boossels. According to it, it was decided that if any country is attacked, then all these countries will collectively provide military assistance to each other.
- Apart from this, it was also determined that they would cooperate with each other socially and economically.
Later, the United States began to siege the Soviet Union to make itself the most powerful so that its influence could be eliminated. The US therefore offered a resolution of the North Atlantic Treaty under Article 15 of the Charter of the United Nations. The treaty was signed by 12 countries of the world in 1949. Which included countries such as Britain, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Belgium, Iceland, Luxembourg, France, Canada, Italy and Denmark, besides the United States.
What Is Truman Doctrine ?
- The U.S. had put forward a proposal to stop the expansion of the Soviet Union at the time of the Cold War. It is known as the Truman theory.
- Its main purpose was to stop the expansion of the Soviet Union as well as to help all European countries.
- Under this principle, the United States decided to help all those countries that were at great risk from communism.
- NATO organization was compiled by US President Harry S. Truman. This formation included all the countries that believed in saving democracy and which were threatened by communism. It was decided under NATO that the security of all member states involved would have to be taken care of.
- If someone attacks a member state, it will be an attack on that organisation and that is why they will all face it together.
- Under the Marshall Scheme, Turkey and Greece were given about $400 million in aid, and both of them were also made members of NATO.
FAQ About NATO :
Q: What Is NATO And What Does It Do ?
Q: Does NATO have its own armed forces To Fight ?
Q: What are the conditions for joining NATO? Which countries are eligible?
Q: What are the official languages of NATO?