Manoj Pande Army Chief Bio, Family, Medals, Achievements – Lieutenant General Manoj Pandey will be the new Army Chief of India. Pandey, who will become the 29th Army Chief, will be the first engineer to reach the post. So far, only infantry, armoured and artillery officers have been the Army Chief. Lt Gen Pandey became the Deputy Army Chief on February 1, 2022. He is a resident of Nagpur. Pandey has led several operations along the Sikkim and Ladakh borders adjoining China.
ADGPI welcomed the new Army Chief by tweeting from its Twitter handle. It has been informed by the Army that on May 1, 2022, Manoj Pandey will take over as the new Army Chief. The tenure of the current Army Chief General MM Naravane ends on the 30th of this month.
Who is the new Army Chief Manoj Pandey?
- Manoj Pandey, a passout from the 1982 batch of the National Defence Academy, is the first Army Chief to come from an engineering background.
- Pandey has led the ongoing Operation Parakram at LOC Pallanwala in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The operation was carried out in The Aftermath of the 2001 Parliament attack in Jammu and Kashmir, in which the nexus of arms supply of terrorists was revealed.
- A large number of terrorists were killed in this operation.
- Manoj Pande is on the post of Lieutenant General in the Indian Army, whose full name is Manoj Chandrashekhar Pande.
- Manoj Pande was born to Dr. C. G. Pandey, a counseling psychiatrist, who retired as the head of the Department of Psychology of Nagpur University, and Prema, an announcer and host with All India Radio.
- Manoj Pande’s family hails from Nagpur.
- After his schooling, he joined the National Defense Academy (NDA).
- After NDA, he joined the Indian Military Academy and was commissioned as an officer.
- Chhavi Mittal Bio, Breast Cancer, Family, Career, Networth
|Nick Name||Manoj Pande|
|Full Name||Manoj Chandrashekhar Pande|
|Date of Birth||Yet to be update|
|Birth Place||Yet to be update|
|Age||Yet to be update|
|Profession||Lieutenant general In Indian army|
|School||Yet to be update|
|Unit||Bombay Sappers; Corps of Engineers|
|Commands held||Eastern Command; Andaman and Nicobar Command; IV Corps; 8 Mountain Division; 52 Infantry Brigade; 117 Engineer Regiment|
|Years of service||December 1982 – present|
|Awards||Ati Vishisht Seva MedalVishisht Seva Medal|
Experience of working on borders with China :
- Lt Gen Manoj Pandey has served as commander and brigadier staff in the Eastern Command, bordering China.
- He has been posted as Engineer Brigade in Mountain De Vision in Ladakh region.
- At the same time, in the North-East Region, the Lieutenant General has also participated in many operations.
- Apart from this, he has also worked as commander in Andaman and Nicobar. Pandey has been awarded the Param Vishisht Medal.