List of UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage In India 2022 Latest – India has nominated Indian dance form Garba to be inscribed in UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage . Last year Durga Puja was included in UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage List and for 2022, India has designated ‘Garba’. Unesco’s next meeting will be held in November. In July, India was selected by UNESCO to serve on the Distinguished Intergovernmental Committee of the 2003 Convention for the Protection of Intangible Cultural Heritage. A total of 14 elements of India are inscribed in UNESCO’s list of Intangible Cultural Heritage and Humanity. These elements include music, dance, theatre, festivals, rituals and storytelling.
List of UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritages In India :
The UNESCO’S list of Intangible Cultural Heritage was established in 2008 after the convention for the safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage,2003 came into effect. This list is made up of those intangible heritage elements that help to demonstrate the diversity of cultural heritage.
About GARBA :
- Garba is a dance form that originated in Gujarat, India.
- The word garba is derived from the Sanskrit word garbha, which means womb.
- Garba is traditionally performed with a light around an earthen called garbha deep or garbha lamp.
- It is believed that the lantern represents life and the fetus growing in the mother’s womb.
- Dance honors Goddess Durga, the feminine form of divinity.
- Garba is performed in congregations that symbolise the Hindu view of the times.
- The rings of dancers rotate in the circle, because time in Hinduism is cyclical.
- From birth to life, death and rebirth, as this cycle of time rotates, the Goddess remains immobile.
- list of Ganpati Temples in India – Ganesh Chaturthi Wishes List