List of Supported 5G Bands in India – Reliance Jio, Airtel, Idea-Vodafone, and the new entrant, Adani Data Networks – are aggressively participating in the 5G bid. Ashwini Vaishnaw, minister for electronics and IT in India, said bids worth Rs 1.49 lakh have been received so far. While spectrum bidding and allocation is underway, let’s know about the 5G band supported in India. This will help you understand whether your 5G smartphone will be compatible with the 5G band in India. On that note, let’s get started.
India began auctioning 5G spectrum on July 26, 2022. The auction concluded on August 1, 2022. The participants were India’s leading telecom operators – Reliance Jio, Airtel, Vi (Vodafone-Idea), and a new player, Adani Data Network. The auction fetched the Government of India a record total of ₹1.5 lakh crore. Jio bought more than half of the bid for over ₹88,000 crore. It was followed by Airtel, which spent over Rs 43,000 crore on bidding.
List of Supported 5G Bands in India
The 5G bands supported in India can be classified into three classes based on their frequencies— low-band, mid-band, and high-band mmWave. The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has floated a variety of frequency bands ranging from 600 MHz to up to 26 GHz.
- Low-band frequencies include 600 MHz, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2300 MHz, and 2500 MHz.
- Mid-band frequency is 3300 MHz.
- High-band frequency of up to 26 GHz, known as mmWave. All telecom operators have acquired all kinds of frequency bands.
- Android Version List . Android Versions Latest Name List A to Z
|3300 – 3800MHz||n78|
|3300 – 4200MHz||n77|
|4400 – 5000MHz||n79|
|26GHz (24.25 – 27.5 GHz)||n258|
What are 5G bands?
First of all, let’s try to understand what is 5G bands. In simple language, 5G bands are the range of frequency used by 5G cellular networks. With the help of 5G bands, information about the range and speed of the network is available.
Whether the net will run fast in 5G networks or not, is based on bands. 5G networks use different frequencies for data transmission. The network needs different 5G bands for better internet speed.
What are the types of 5G bands?
5G bands are of three types: low, mid, and high. They work on different frequencies. Two factors work for 5G bands: range and speed. Range and speed vary with different bands.
- Talking about the low band 5G uses a frequency of less than 6 GHz.
- Such 5G bands come with a much longer range feature, but with the coverage of a longer area range, the speed in this band decreases.
- Talking about mid-band 5G uses frequencies of more than 6 GHz and less than 30 GHz.
- Such 5G bands cover a lower range than low-band 5G.
- With the range being reduced, mid-band 5G comes with the ability to use the net at a higher speed than low-band 5G.
- Talking about the high band 5G uses a frequency of more than 30 GHz.
- Such 5G bands cover a lower range than low-band 5G and mid-band 5G.
- The range is the lowest in the high band 5G.
- With the range being low, high band 5G, the low and mid-band come with the ability to use the net at a higher speed than 5G.
How many 5G bands are available in India?
12 frequency bands were put up for auction for 5G service in the country. Different telecom companies participated in the auction. At present, 5G services of Reliance Jio and Bharti Airtel work with different technologies.
FAQ: List Of Supported 5G Bands
Which 5G bands are supported in India at the Latest?
Ans: Here is the list of Supported 5G Bands in India
What are 12 5G bands in India?
Ans: Following are The Bands.
Is N77 and n78 enough for 5G?
Ans: yes, Most 5G Phones In India Are N77 and N78.