List of ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Winners (2007-2022) – The ICC T20 Cricket World Cup is an international tournament organized by the International Cricket Council (ICC). The first edition was played in South Africa in 2007. India was the winner of the inaugural ICC Men’s T20 World Cup tournament while Pakistan was the runners-up. The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 is scheduled to begin on October 16 while the final will be played on November 13. Australia are the defending champions as well as hosts of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022.
List of ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Winners (2007-2022)
|S. No||Winner||Runner up||Year/Host|
|3.||England||Australia||2010/ West Indies|
|4.||West Indies||Sri Lanka||2012/Sri Lanka|
|7.||Postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic||Postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic||2020/Australia|
|8.||Australia||New Zealand||2021/UAE and Oman|
Key Facts :
- First Edition: 2007
- Next Edition: 2022 and will be hosted by Melbourne
- First Winner: India
- First Runner-up: Pakistan
- Current champion: Australia
- Most successful Team: West Indies (2 titles)
- Administrator: International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Format: Twenty20 International
- Number of teams: 16
- ICC T20 Cricket World Cup 2021 host Nation: India
ICC T20 World Cup 2022 : Key Facts
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup is scheduled to begin on October 16, 2022, and will be played till November 13, 2022, in Australia.
- The eighth edition of the T20 Men’s World Cup 2022 will commence with the first round of matches between Sri Lanka and Namibia.
- The tournament in total will feature 16 teams and the hosts Australia are also the defending champions.
- In the first round of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022, eight teams will fight for the four spots available to qualify for the tournament, the Super 12. In the upcoming T20 World Cup, 8 teams have been divided into two groups and Super 12 teams have also been divided into two groups.
- India vs Australia T20 Player List Both India, Australia Teams