List of districts in Himachal Pradesh 2022 – Latest Updated List – The northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh is divided into 12 districts, the Revenue department of which is headed by a Deputy Commissioner or District Magistrate, an officer belonging to the Indian Administrative Service. The total area of Himachal Pradesh is 55,673 km/sq. and it is occupied by 6,856,509 people (2011 Census). The state comprises 12 districts and they are Hamirpur, Kangra, Bilaspur, Mandi, Chamba, Una, Sirmour, Lahul and Spiti, Kullu, Kinnaur, Shimla and Solan.
The capital of the state is Shimla. It is a famous travel destination as it is located in the lap of the Himalayan mountain ranges and is known for its natural beauty. Dharamsala is popular for both its spiritual importance and tourist attraction. Manali and Dalhousie leave visitors spellbound with their picturesque scenery, immaculate surroundings and pleasant climate. The important cities of himachal pradesh state are Mandi, Kangra, Chamba, Kullu and Hamirpur.
List of districts in Himachal Pradesh 2022 – Latest Updated List
|No.||Name of District||Area (sq km)||Population||Name of Head Quarters|
|7||Lahaul and Spiti||13,835||31,528||Keylong|
- Hindi, Pahari are the main languages of Himachal Pradesh.
- As per ISO 3166-2:IN standard – the ISO code of Himachal Pradesh is IN-HP. Himachal Pradesh state is further divided in to districts for administrative purposes.
- Lahul & Spiti is the largest district of himachal pradesh covering area of 13841.0001067179 km².
- Hamirpur is the smallest district of himachal pradesh covering area of 1117.99990824324 km².
- Kangra is the most populous whereas Lahul & Spiti is the least populous district in himachal pradesh state.