JSSC Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | old Paper | Books – Hello friends , here we are sharing JSSC Study Material PDF . Go through the Study Material of the post you are applying for to understand what the post demands. Once that is done, you will be half ready to crack the exam. Also, before applying for the post, we recommend you check the Study Material for different exams. You can get that information at the official site www.jscc.nic.in
JSSC Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | old Paper | Books
|Exam Name||Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission Recruitment|
|Organisation Name||JSSC – Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission|
|Eligibility criteria||Graduate/other required qualifications|
|Exam phase||2 – Prelims and Mains|
|Prelims Duration||2 hours|
|Mains Duration||2 hours for each paper (total 6 hours – 3 papers)|
|JSSC Salary||Good amount of pay scale|
|Helpdesk||Contact number: +91-9264431721
Email id: [email protected]
About Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission:
The JSSC has been constituted by the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission Act 2008. The Act was amended by Jharkhand Act 03,2011 and Jharkhand Act 19,2011. Initially, the Office of the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission was located at Dhurwa, Ranchi, till 01/08/2016. Since the accommodation fell short of the actual requirements of the Commission, its office was shifted to Kalinagar, Chaay Bagan, Namkum, Ranchi, Jharkhand – 834010.
JSSC Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for JSSC 2021, one must check if they are eligible for the exam or not. Here are all the points which cover the expected eligibility criteria of the JSSC Recruitment Exam.
- The Educational Qualification also changes with the posts.
- Higher the post, higher, is the educational qualification requirement.
- For example, prestigious posts such as PGT and vacancies through the CGL exams require candidates to have a degree from any recognised university.
- In turn, it provides a handsome pay and respect to the selected candidates.
- On the other hand, some posts such as the IRB and Excise Constable demand candidates to have cleared 10th grade only.
- Thus candidates must ensure to check if they are qualified to appear for the examination before applying.
- Minimum Age Limit: 21 Years
- Maximum Age Limit:
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
|OBC and BC (Male)||37 Years|
|Female (Unreserved, OBC, and BC)||38 Years|
- Maximum relaxation in the age limit will not be given more than 10 Years.
- For Ex-Serviceman: Relaxation of 5 Years in the upper age limit.
- Application fee for the candidates belonging to the General and OBC category is INR 800/-
- Application fee for the SC / ST / PWD category candidates is INR 200/-
- Make payment via modes such as Net Banking facility or Debit/Credit cards.
JSSC Selection Process 2021
The selection process for the candidates to get a job under Jharkhand government is generally divided into 3 stages.
- Stage 1: Preliminary exam
- Stage 2: Main exam
- Stage 3 : Interview
Stage 1: Preliminary exam
- The prelim is an online exam in which all the applicants appear.
- They are tested on their general knowledge and mental ability.
- The question paper is available in Hindi and English. Basic knowledge about the state of Jharkhand is required for this exam.
Stage 2: Main exam
- The candidates who are selected after the Prelims are then called for the Main exam.
- The exam is based on language skills, any regional or tribal language, as well as a basic understanding of science and maths.
- The candidates selected after this stage will then be called for document verification and counselings to assign them their posts.
Stage 3 : Interview
- The candidates will be shortlisted based on obtaining minimum qualifying marks set by the authorities for the various roles.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to undergo an interview round for obtaining the jobs for the respective role that they have opted.
Certificates Needed for Candidate Verification Post Selection
Keep the following certificates ready for the document verification. Your documents should all be original and well preserved.
- Educational certificates issued from University/ School Board
- Mark sheets of degree obtained
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- No Objection Certificate from current employer (if applicable)
- Any Identification certificate with a photo such as Aadhar Card, Driving License, etc.
- Salary for popular posts in JSS is provided in the table below.
- More salaries will be updated here depending on announced posts and vacancies.
|JSSC Salary||Pay Band||Grade Pay|
|Assistant branch officer||Rs 9300 to 34800||Rs 4600|
|Block Supply Officer||Rs 9300 to 34800||Rs 4200|
|Block Welfare Officer||Rs 9300 to 34800||Rs 4200|
|Sub-Divisional inspector-cum-Law||Rs 9300 to 34800||Rs 4200|
|Co-Operative Extension officer||Rs 9300 to 34800||Rs 4200|
|Planning Assistant||Rs 5200 to 20200||Rs 2800|
JSSC Exam Pattern:
JSSC Recruitment will be commenced in two stages: Prelims and Mains
- Exam model: Offline
- Exam Duration: 2 hours
- Exams will be conducted in 2 phases: Prelims and Mains.
Preliminary Exam Pattern :
- Written objective type questions
- 120 questions
- Each question carries 3 marks
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark.
- The candidate will get two hours to complete the Preliminary Exam.
- 30 questions will be from General Studies
- 30 questions will be from General Science
- 20 questions will be from Mental Aptitude
- 30 questions will be from Jharkhand General Knowledge
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Personality check questions||20||60|
|Questions related to Jharkhand state||30||90|
Mains Exam Pattern :
- The mains exam is divided into 3 papers which have a separate number of questions.
- Multiple choice objective type
- Duration of each paper is 2 hours
- Paper 1 will be qualifying in nature, with a 30% score.
- In the second paper, candidates will have to select a language from the options given to them for the exam.
- The third paper will carry 150 questions for 450 marks.
- Each question carries 3 marks
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark
- Language Hindi and English will have 120 questions and exam duration will be 120 minutes.
- Tribal and Regional Language will have 100 questions to be completed in the duration of 120 minutes.
- General Knowledge will have 150 questions to be completed in the duration of 120 minutes.
|Subject||No. of questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Language (Hindi, English)||120||120 minutes||360|
|Ethnic and Regional Languages||100||120 minutes||300|
|General Knowledge||150||120 minutes||450|
Mains Paper I: Language-based
The total marks of the paper is 360. Each section has 30 questions. 3 marks are awarded for every correct answer, while one mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
Mains Paper II: Ethnic and Regional Languages
One can choose from the following languages. The paper will be of 100 questions, hence of 300 marks.
Mains Paper III: General Knowledge
The paper has 6 sections. The total marks are 450. Details are as follows:
|Section||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Knowledge about Jharkhand||40||120|
JSSC Syllabus PDF Download | JSSC Study Material PDF
- The JSSC examination is a tough exam to crack; great guidance and proper understanding of the syllabus will help the candidates to succeed in the exams.
- The JSSC Graduate Level Syllabus mainly covers General Knowledge, Language Tests, General science and Maths, etc.
- The candidates appearing for the exam have to go through 2 written exams, the Preliminary exam and the Mains exam.
- The mains exam is subdivided into three papers, Language, Regional Knowledge exam, and the General Knowledge exam.
Exam Syllabus for Preliminary:
Section-1 (General Studies):
Topics included in this section will be the following:
- Current Affairs
- Technological advancements
- National and international prizes
- Indian Languages
- Sports and sportsman
- Indian History and culture
- Economical status
- Independence movement
- Indian Farming
- Natural Resources
- Country’s Political Trends
- Panchayati Raj
- Social Development
- 5-year plan
- Geography and Political status of Jharkhand
Section-2 General Sciences:
- The topics included in this section will be from the candidate’s general science and their day to day application in life.
Section-3 (General Mathematics):
The topics included in this section will be from Mathematics to X Class.
- Numerical Maths
Section-4 (Mental Ability Test):
The topics covered in this section include:
- Spectrum AglaSem Magazine
- Similar and differences
- Locations imagining
- Pictorial memory
- Blood Relation
- Numerical Reasoning
- Numerical Sequences
- Relation Analysis
Section-5 (GK for Jharkhand State):
- This section includes questions from Jharkhand State’s history, geography, culture, languages, society, literature, sports, advancements, 5-year plans, etc.
Syllabus for Main Exam:
Paper-1 (Language Test)
- This section will have 120 questions divided into 4 sections – two Hindi and two English.
- The questions in this section include a basic understanding of the Hindi language.
- The question paper will have 30 questions from reading comprehension and 30 questions from the grammar portion.
- The questions in this section include a basic understanding of language.
- The question paper will have 30 questions from reading comprehension and 30 questions from the English grammar portion.
Paper-2 (Regional and Tribal Language Test
- The regional and tribal language tests will be consisted of several languages.
- The syllabus of all the languages consisted of questions from History, Literature, Grammar, and Linguistics of the Language.
Paper-3 (General Knowledge)
- The topics included in this section will be based on politics, current affairs, etc.
Best Books for JSSC Exam 2021
|General Knowledge||General knowledge Published by Arihant|
|Current Affairs||Current Affairs yearly 2021 Published by Arihant experts|
|Computer knowledge||Objective computer awareness Published by Arihant experts|
JSSC Preparation Tips
- Pay close attention to the Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Make a study schedule and stick to it.
- Do not read a lot of books. Choose one or two and finish them. Do a thorough revision.
- Solve previous year’s papers and try to offer Mock Tests on a regular basis. Candidates benefit greatly from routine practise.
- Offer each segment the same amount of time and attention.
- Keep a safe and balanced lifestyle. Have faith in yourself.
- Candidates can refer to online notes, preparation tips, previous years’ papers. These are some of the other important sources that can help in preparation for the examination.
- Daily Current Affairs will help candidates improve knowledge and stay updated with events. It will help you score well in the General Awareness section.
- E-books can be availed through several online sites which will help candidates to study anywhere at any time.
- Candidates can watch previous years’ analysis on you tube.
- It will help them understand the pattern of questions asked in the examination.
- Online Test Series will help to self evaluate themselves for the examination.
JSSC Admit Card 2021 : JSSC Study Material PDF
The admit card of the JSSC 2021 exam will be issued on the official website. The date of issue of the hall ticket will be updated in the official notification by the authorities. The exam conducting is not responsible to send the admit card to all the registered candidates of JSSC .
Steps to Download the Admit Card of JSSC
- Visit the official website of JSSC
- Choose the link to the JSSC group for which you have applied
- Enter the registered login ID and password
- Now click on the link to download the JSSC admit card
- Download the admit card and check all the necessary details as the date of birth, name, gender, roll number, exam date, time, sign, exam center, candidate’s category, etc.
- Now, take out the print to carry at the exam center of JSSC . (A valid Id card is mandatory for all the candidates to carry at the exam center along with the admit card of JSSC 2021)
Detail Mention on JSSC Admit Card 2021
- Name of the Candidate
- Exam Centre Code
- Exam Centre Name
- Applicant Roll Number
- Examination Name
- Time Duration of the Exam
- Father’s Name/ Mother’s Name
- Category (ST/ SC/ BC & Other)
- Signature of the candidate.
- Exam Date and Time
- Candidate Date of Birth
- Essential instructions for the examination
JSSC Answer Key PDF | JSSC Study Material PDF
- When the JSSC enlistment test is finished, the leading body gives answer key on the web.
- To check and download JSSC answer key, visit the official site
- Enter the JSSC enlistment present applicants wish to download the appropriate response key for and question paper arrangement.
- These official answer key are useful as it serves to gauges the scores for JSSC enlistment test.
- Applicants simply need to figure the number of right answers and increase it with the imprints for right answers.
JSSC Result 2021 : JSSC Study Material PDF
The authorities will issue the result of the JSSC exam on the official website separately for all the groups. To check and download the result of JSSC can follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official website of JSSC
- Select the result notification from the notification section
- Click on the JSSC result notification
- Now, select and open the PDF of your group
- Enter the registration number in the search bar to check your score on the JSSC exam
- Download and save a copy of the PDF for future reference.
How to Calculate JSSC Marks?
The JSSC official website has a page solely dedicated to candidates who’re applying for any of the posts under JSCC . Once you’ve checked the cut-off on the official website, you can calculate whether you qualified or not by cross-checking your answers with the JSSC Answer Key.
- 3 marks are awarded for every correct answer.
- One mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- There are zero marks for unanswered questions.
- Check your answer with the answer key and tally your answers one by one. Keep making a note of the correct and the wrong answers.
- Use the formula: Total Marks Scored= (3 x No. of Right Answers) – (1 x No. of wrong answers)
- If your total marks scored are greater than the JSSC cut-off for your category, then you’ve qualified!
JSSC Cut Off
The JSSC Cut Off 2021 is released by the JSSC after the preliminary exam has been conducted. The JSSC Cut Off changes each year depending on a variety of factors. These factors are include:
- Number of applicants: The number of applicants for exam has a direct impact on the cutoff marks. More the number of applicants, the more is the competition and thus higher the cutoff marks.
- Number of vacancies: The available number of the posts, for which recruitment is done changes every year when the exam is conducted. This in turn affects the cutoff that is released in that specific year. When vacancies are less, the competition gets tougher which has a chain effect on the cut-off, eventually making the percentage much higher.
- The difficulty of the exam: The more difficult the exam for recruitment is, the chances of applicants’ performance getting affected increase. This again affects the cut off in combination with the other factors on the list.
- Category of applicants: The cut off marks are available based on various categories like SC, ST, OBC, and more. Each of them has different qualifying marks so the candidate clearing the exam based on cut off will also depend on the category under which he/she has applied.
JSSC FAQs : JSSC Study Material PDF
Q. What to do if I forget my application number before the admit card is released?
Q. How do I increase my salary in the future?
Q. Do I need to submit documents while filling out the application form?
You can also check the Study Material of other SSC Exam in India here