JPSC Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Previous Papers – The candidates must refer to the best JPSC Civil Services Study Material for preparation of the exam to be held by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC). The JPSC Civil Services Study Material are available in any bookstore or can be downloaded from the multiple links available in a PDF format from the internet. Along with the preparation from the Study Material, the aspirants should inculcate the habit of reading newspapers daily. The JPSC Civil Services books should be chosen keeping in mind that it covers the entire syllabus.
JPSC Study Material PDF 2021 Download | Syllabus | Previous Papers
|Name of the Examination||Jharkhand Public Service Commission|
|Organization Name||Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection process||The selection process consists of three stages:
JPSC Eligibility Criteria
|Educational Qualification||Must hold a Bachelors’ Degree from any recognized university|
|Nationality||Must be an Indian Citizen|
|Number of Attempts||No limits|
|Experience||No prior experience JPSC Civil Service Eligibility Criteria 2021|
- Both the male and the female candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates should avoid furnishing any false information as all the applications are carefully scrutinized by the commission.
- Candidates will have to produce an authentic ID proof during the verification process.
Number of Attempts
- The JPSC has not specified the maximum number of attempts available to a candidate.
- However, there is an age limit set by the JPSC which means that the candidate can only apply within the age of 21 to 35 years.
- To apply for the JPSC AE exam, you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil) or (Mechanical) obtained from any of the Universities or institutions established or incorporated by or under the Central Act or State Act in India.
- Such other equivalent qualification from the recognized university is also admissible.
- As per the notification, there are no criteria of experience under eligibility terms.
- Candidates with or without experience can apply for this exam the only condition that prevails is the basic eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must be in the age group of 21 to 35 years.
- As prescribed by the government rules there will be relaxations of age given to candidates of various categories.
- It is to be noted that candidates who come under more than one category, will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, whichever is considered most beneficial to him.
- One must remember the date of birth entered in the high school certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the Board / Council will only be accepted by the commission.
|Jharkhand Government employees with 3 years of service||5 years|
- The application fee is mandatory to pay in both online and offline mode.
- A candidate’s application form will get canceled if the application fee is not paid within the due date.
- If any candidate pays an extra application fee, then the commission will not refund it.
- Candidates can pay by Online mode like net banking/ Credit card/ debit card of renowned banks.
- Via offline mode, application fees can be paid to any branch of SBI, and after the payment, the bank will issue a Challan. The candidate needs to mention the Challan number in the form.
|Unreserved candidates (BC-I and BC-II)||INR 600 + Bank Charges|
|Jharkhand SC/ST||INR 150 + Bank Charges|
JPSC Application Process
- Visit the official website for an original application form
- Click on the homepage
- Press on the button of “online application” which is present on the left
- Select the form type for the Examination
- Register yourself on the official website
- Fill proper detail
- Re-check the details you filled in the form
- A registration number will be given for future reference
- In the next part of the application, form candidates need to provide updated passport size scanned photo with signature
- Pay application fees online
- Registration slip will be provided after the completion of the procedure.
The candidate must meet the physical requirements set by the JPSC to be eligible for this exam.
- The candidate must be in perfect bodily health, good mental condition, free from any kind of physical defects that are likely to interfere with the discharge of his duty in the services.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the medical board prescribed by the Government.
- Any candidate who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, will not be appointed.
The Selection Process of JPSC 2020 is somewhat similar to many State PSC and Union PSC. There are three main stages of selection for JPSC that are:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
The Preliminary Exam consists of two GS papers. The candidates who complete JPSC Combined Civil Services Prelims successfully can appear for the Main Examination. Additionally, who clears the Main Exam will have a chance to appear for the Final Interview.
|J.A.S||INR 9300 to 34800 Grade Pay- INR 5400|
|Jharkhand Social Security Services||INR 9300 to 34800 Grade Pay- 4800|
JPSC Exam Pattern 2021
JPSC Preliminary Exam Pattern 2021
The preliminary exam is the first stage of JPSC 2021 which is composed of two compulsory papers, General Studies-I and General Studies II.
- All the questions will be of objective type in nature.
- Each paper holds 100 questions of 2 mark each.
- The duration of each paper of the JPSC Prelims is 2 Hours.
- The question paper for the JPSC is set in both Hindi and English.
- There will be no negative marking for the wrong answer.
|S. No||Subject||Total Marks||No. of Questions||Time Duration|
|1.||General Studies-I||100||100||2 hours|
|2.||General Studies-II (Jharkhand specific)||100||100||2 hours|
JPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2021
The candidates who obtain the cutoff marks in the JPSC Prelims exam will be called to appear for the JPC Mains Exam. This exam is descriptive or written in nature.
- The JPSC Mains Exam has 6 papers as listed below.
- The selection to be called for the Interview is based on the marks scored by you in Paper II to Paper VI.
- All papers are compulsory to attempt.
- The merit list will be prepared on the marks obtained in the JPSC Mains Exam (Except paper I) and Interview.
|Paper No.||Subject||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-I||General English and General Hindi having 2 sections of 50 marks each.||100||03 Hours|
|Paper-II||Language and Literature (to be chosen from 15 listed languages)||150||03 Hours|
|Paper-III||History and Geography||200||03 Hours|
|Paper-IV||Indian Constitution and Polity, Public Administration and Good Reforms.||200||03 Hours|
|Paper-V||Indian Economy, Globalization and Sustainable Development||200||03 Hours|
|Paper-VI||General Sciences, Environment and Technology development.||200||03 Hours|
The last stage of the JPSC Mains Exam is the interview. Only those candidates securing the cutoff marks in JPSC Mains will be called to appear for the Interview.
|Viva-voce (Interview/Personality Test)||100|
|Grand Total (Mains + Interview)||1150 Marks|
JPSC Syllabus 2021 | JPSC Study Material PDF
The complete JPSC 2021 syllabus includes prelims syllabus and JPSC Syllabus for Mains examination which has been discussed in the article below.
JPSC Preliminary Exam Syllabus
It includes two papers i.e. General Studies & Jharkhand specific General Studies
General Studies Paper-I
It includes the following subjects:
- History of India: Ancient India (5 questions); Medieval India(5 questions) and Modern India(5 questions)
- Geography of India: General Geography(3 questions); Physical Geography(3 questions) ; Economic Geography(2 questions) and Social & Demographic Geography.(2 questions)
- Economic and Sustainable Development: Basic features(4 questions); Sustainable Development(4 questions) and Economic issues(2 questions).
- Indian Polity and Governance: Constitution of India(4 questions); Public Administration and Good Governance(4 questions); Decentralization: Panchayats & Municipalities(2 questions)
- General Science(6 questions); Technology & IT(3 questions); Agriculture (6 questions)
- National & International Current Events(15 questions)
- Jharkhand Specific Questions (General Awareness of its History, Society, Culture & Heritage)(10 questions)
- Miscellaneous questions of general nature. (15 questions)
General Studies Paper-II (Jharkhand specific)
Paper-II consists of:
- History of Jharkhand (8 questions)
- Jharkhand movement (7 questions)
- The specific identity of Jharkhand (5 questions)
- Jharkhand: Literature and Literary people (5 questions)
- Jharkhand: People and Literature; dance; music; instruments tourist places; tribal culture(5 questions)
- Jharkhand: major educational institutions(3 questions)
- Jharkhand: Sports (5 questions)
- Jharkhand: Land related Laws/Acts(12 questions)
- Jharkhand: Industries and resources(6 questions)
- Jharkhand: Disaster Management
- Jharkhand Miscellaneous
JPSC Mains Exam Syllabus
Paper I- General Hindi and General English
Paper 1 is qualifying in nature; out of total of 100 marks, each candidate needs to get a minimum of 30 marks. Based on the JPSC exam pattern, Mains Paper 1 will have 2 sections including:
Both these papers will have equal weightage (50 marks each). This test is conducted to test a candidate’s performance above 2 languages. Based on the JPSC exam pattern, this paper is broadly divided into the following category:
Paper II-Language and Literature
The candidates attempting this paper can select from one of the following languages and literature:
- Santhali Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Oriya Language and Literature
- Bengali Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Mundari Language and Literature
- Kurux Language and Literature
- Kurmali Language and Literature
- Khortha Language and Literature
- Panchpargania Language and Literature
- Nagpuri Language and Literature
- Khadia Language and Literature
- Ho Language and Literature
Paper III- Social Sciences, History and Geography
The JPSC exam pattern for the Mains Paper 3 is divided into two sections
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
In the history section, the following syllabus comes:
Physical and Human Geography of India
Natural Resources of India
Jharkhand Geography and utilization of its resources
Industrial and Urban Development
The style of Urban Settlement and Pollution problems.
JPSC Mains Syllabus – Paper 4
Paper-4 include 2 sections:
- Public Administration and Good governance
- Indian Constitution and Polity
|Indian Constitution and Polity||Public Administration and Good Governance|
Main features of the Indian constitution
Basis Fundamental Rights and Duties
Government of the state
Provisions regarding the administration of SC/ST Areas. Etc.
Public and private administration
Questions related to this sector will be asked from topics like Indian Economy, Globalization, etc. Mains Syllabus for the JPSC Paper Five include:
Basic features of the Indian Economy
- National Income
- Demographic features
- Agriculture and Rural economy
- Industrial economy
- Public finance
- Public expenditure
- Fiscal policy
- Indian monetary and its structure
- Indian Trade, Balance of Payment
Sustainable Development, Indian Development Strategy, and Economic Issues
- Economic development, its meaning and measurement
- Importance of Foreign capital, role of technology in the growth of Indian economy
- Sustainable development
- Development status, problems related to socially and economically marginalized sections
- Poverty and Unemployment
- Food and nutritional security
- Economic Reforms taken
Nature and Impact on Indian economy
- New economic reforms
- Reforms made in the financial and banking industry
- Globalization of Indian Economy
- Agriculture sector
- Industrial development and economic reforms in India
The economy of Jharkhand – its features, problems, challenges, and key strategies
- Economic growth and present structure of the economy of Jharkhand
- Demography features of Jharkhand
- Poverty status, unemployment, food security, malnutrition, education reforms, and health indicators in Jharkhand, etc.
- Land, forest and environmental problems in Jharkhand
Paper VI- General Sciences, Technology Development, and Environment
- Physical Science
- Life Science
- Agriculture Science
- Environmental Science
- Science and Technology Development
Best Books for JPSC Civil Services 2021 | JPSC Study Material PDF
Books for the JPSC Civil Service Prelims Exam
|Paper||Subject||Name of the book||Author/ Publication|
|General Studies Paper-I||History of India||Indian History : Subjective: For all competitive exams||Indian History Editorial Board|
|Geography Of India||Geography Of India||Mahesh Kumar Barnwal|
|Indian Polity and Governance||Magbook Indian Polity & Governance 2020||Arihant Experts|
|General Studies Paper-II||Jharkhand Movement||Objective Jharkhand Gk||Gopi Krishna Kunwar|
|Culture of Jharkhand||Know Your State Jharkhand||Arihant Experts|
|History of Jharkhand||History of Jharkhand||Dr. A.K. Chaturvedi & Rinki Agarwal|
Books for the JPSC Civil Service Mains Exam
|Paper||Subject||Name of the book||Author/ Publication||Description|
|Paper-I||General English||Objective General English||S.P. Baksi||
|Objective General English||RS Aggarwal|
|General Hindi||Bharat Ke Rajya Vyavastha||M. Laxmi kanth||
|Bharatiya Kala Evam Sanskriti||Nitin Singhania|
|Paper-II||Language & Literature (questions from the language you opt for)|
|Paper-III||Social Science||Social Science Based on NCERT||Sheelwant Singh, Kriti Rastogi||
|Science and Technology Based on NCERT||Sheelwant Singh, Kriti Rastogi|
|HIstory||Indian Heritage, Art, and Culture||Madhukar Kumar Bhagat||
|Objective History – Ancient Medieval and Modern India||Mocktime Publication|
|Geography||Geography of India||Majid Hussain||
|Geography Of India||Mahesh Kumar Barnwal|
|Paper- IV||Indian Constitution and Polity||Indian Polity||M. Laxmikanth||
|Indian Polity and Constitution : Objective: For all Competitive Exams||Indian Polity and Constitution Editorial Board|
|Public Administration and Good Governance||Public Administration||M. Laxmikanth||
|Administrative Thinkers||D. Ravindra Prasad|
|Paper-V||Indian Economy||Indian Economy||Uma Kapila||
|Indian Economy||Datt and Sundaram|
|Globalization||Politics of Globalization||G kaur, Dr. Harpreet, & Kaur||
|Politics of Globalization||Samir Dasgupta|
|Sustainable Development||Environment and Sustainable Development||M.H. Fulekar , Bhawana Pathak||
|Introduction to Sustainable Development||Martin J. Ossewaarde|
|Paper-VI||General Science||General Science for competitive Exams||BK Editorial Board||
|Objective Question Bank GENERAL SCIENCE||Arihant Experts|
|Environment||Environmental Studies||Dr P K Pandey||
|Fundamentals of Environmental Studies||Mahua Basu|
|Technology Development||Developments in Science and Technology||Spectrum Books Private Limited||
|General Science & Technology||Satya Prakash, Jai Kumar|
Preparation Strategy for JPSC Exam 2021
- Downloading the previous year’s question papers helps you gauge the difficulty level of the exam.
- Follow a daily routine for studying. Give your preparation at least 3 to 4 hours a day. You can divide the workload during these hours.
- Candidates must download the JPSC Civil Services syllabus to know which topics are to be covered and the ones that are irrelevant.
- The JPSC Civil Services exam pattern must be downloaded to know the marking scheme, number of questions, and the time duration
- Make time for revision as well. Every week, revise the topics that you have covered in the previous week so that you can retain the information for longer.
- There are several online mock tests available that can be taken after the preparation is done to know the level of preparation.
JPSC Admit Card 2021 : JPSC Study Material PDF
The admit card of the JPSC 2021 exam will be issued on the official website. The date of issue of the hall ticket will be updated in the official notification by the authorities. The exam conducting is not responsible to send the admit card to all the registered candidates of JPSC.
Steps to Download the Admit Card of JPSC
- Visit the official website of JPSC
- Choose the link to the JPSC group for which you have applied
- Enter the registered login ID and password
- Now click on the link to download the JPSC admit card
- Download the admit card and check all the necessary details as the date of birth, name, gender, roll number, exam date, time, sign, exam center, candidate’s category, etc.
- Now, take out the print to carry at the exam center of JPSC. (A valid Id card is mandatory for all the candidates to carry at the exam center along with the admit card of JPSC 2021)
JPSC Result 2021 : JPSC Study Material PDF
The authorities will issue the result of the JPSC exam on the official website separately for all the groups. To check and download the result of JPSC candidates can follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official website of JPSC
- Select the result notification from the notification section
- Click on the JPSC result notification
- Now, select and open the PDF of your group
- Enter the registration number in the search bar to check your score on the JPSC exam
- Download and save a copy of the PDF for future reference.
JPSC Cut Off
The JPSC Cut Off 2021 is released by the JPSC after the preliminary exam has been conducted. The JPSC Cut Off changes each year depending on a variety of factors. These factors include:
- The number of candidates applying for the post.
- The more the candidates, the higher the cut off.
- The number of vacancies for the post. The higher the vacancies, the lower the cut off.
- The difficulty of the examination. The more difficult the exam, the lower the cut off.
- Overall scoring pattern in the exam.
- The higher the difficulty of the examination, the lower will be the cut off.
Minimum marks for prelims and Mains examination required are given below
JPSC Previous Years Cutoff
Cut-off marks for Physically handicapped candidates Selected by Horizontal Reservation
|Deaf and Dumb||457|
JPSC FAQs : JPSC Study Material PDF
Ques. How can I apply for the JPSC Exam?
Ques. I have paid less for the application fee, what should I do?
Q. What is the marking scheme in the PPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam?
You can also check the syllabus of other public service commissions in India here.