||Dr. Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai
- He is the father of Indian Space Program.
- He is Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission.
- He started a project for fabrication and launch of First Indian Satellite “Aryabhata”
| From 1963 to 1972
||Prof. M. G. K. Menon
- He was an Advisor in the Department of Space and Indian Space Research Organization.
- He was the President of Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta.
- He has done Scientific work in Cosmic Rays, Particle.
| From Jan. 1972 to Sept. 1972
||Prof. Satish Dhawan
- He was an Indian rocket Scientist.
- He is father of experimental fluid dynamics research in the field of turbulence and boundary layer, in India.
- First supersonic wind tunnel in India at Indian Institute of Science Bangalore.
- He carried out experiments in rural education, remote sensing and satellite communications.
| From 1972 to 1984
||Prof. Udupi Ramachandra Rao
- He was an internationally renowned space scientist.
- He contribute to the development of space technology in India and its extensive application to communication and remote sensing of natural resources .
- He works in development of rocket technology (ASLV Rocket).
- He has published over 350 Scientific and Technical papers covering cosmic rays, interplanetary physics, high energy astronomy, space applications and satellite and rocket technology.
- He was awarded Padma Bhushan Aaward in 1976 and Padma Vibhushan in 2017.
- He was the first Indian Scientist to be inducted into highly Prestigious Satellite Hall of Fame at Washington DC, USA in 2013 and IAF Hall of Fame at Guadalajara, Mexico.
| From 1984 to 1994
||Dr. K. Kasturirangan
- He is presently member of Planning Commission.
- He was director of ISRO Satellite Centre.
- He helped in development of new generation spacecraft, Indian National Satellite (INSAT-2) and Indian Remote Sensing Satellites (IRS-1A & 1B) as well as scientific satellites development and launching of the world’s best civilian satellites, IRS-1C and 1D, realization of the second generation and initiation of third generation INSAT satellites, besides launching ocean observation satellites IRS-P3/P4.
- He has been conferred Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan.
- He has published more than 200 papers, both in international and national journals in the areas of astronomy, space science, space applications and has edited 6 books.
| From 1994 to 2003
||Shri G. Madhavan Nair
- He joined Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station (TERLS) in 1967 an during his tenure of six years as Chairman, ISRO/Secretary, DOS, 25 successful missions were accomplished i.e. INSAT-3E, RESOURCESAT-1, EDUSAT, CARTOSAT-1, HAMSAT-1, INSAT-4A, PSLV-C5, GSLV-F1, PSLV-C6, CARTOSAT-2, INSAT-4B, SRE-1, PSLV-C7, PSLV-C8, GSLV-F04, INSAT-4CR, PSLV-C10, CARTOSAT-2A, IMS-1, PSLV-C9, CHANDRAYAAN-1, PSLV-C11, PSLV-12, PSLV-C14 and OCEANSAT-2.
- He has led the Indian delegation to the S&T Sub-Committee of United Nations Committee on Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (UN-COPUOS) since 1998.
| From 2003 to 2009
||Dr. K. Radhakrishnan
- He is a Technocrat par excellence; a dynamic and result-oriented Manager. ice Chairman of Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (2001-05), Founder Chairman of Indian Ocean Global Ocean Observing System (2001-06) and Chairman of the Working Group of the Whole UN-COPUOS STSC (2008-2009).
| From 2009 to 2014
- He has served ISRO and MoES in several capacities namely: 2014 – Chairman, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) 2008 – Secretary, Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) and Chairman, Earth Commission, India. 2006 – Director, Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services, INCOIS, Hyderabad.
| From 1 Jan. 2015 to 12 Jan. 2015
||Shri A. S. Kiran Kumar
- He was distinguished Scientist (Apex) and Director, Space Applications Centre, Ahmedabad, assumed the office of the Secretary, Department of Space, Chairman, Space Commission and Chairman, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on January 14, 2015.
- He worked for steering the design, development & realization of payloads and application activities of earth observation, communication, navigation, space science and planetary exploration.
- He has represented ISRO in international forums like World Meteorological Organisation (WMO), Committee on Earth Observation Satellites (CEOS) and Indo-US Joint Working Group on Civil Space Cooperation.
| From 2015 to 2018
||Dr. K. Sivan
- He served as the Secretary, Department of Space, Chairman, Space Commission and Chairman, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) from January 2018 to January 2022.
- He has significantly contributed towards end-to-end mission planning, design, integration and analysis and innovative contributions in mission design enabled the consistent performance of PSLV, GSLV MkII & MkIII including RLV-TD.
- He is the chief architect of 6D trajectory simulation software, SITARA.
- He has received many awards including Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) from selected universities.
- He was the chief mission architect for successful launch of 104 satellites in a single mission of PSLV.
| From Jan 2018 to Jan 2022
||Shri S. Somanath
- He is aerospace engineer and current Chairmen of Indian Space Research Organization ISRO.
- He was the Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram and Director of Liquid propulsion System Centre.
- He has worked in the field of Launch Vehicle Design, Launch Vehicle system engineering, structural desgin, structural dynamics and pyrotechnics.
|12 Jan 2022