Indian Government Fertilizer Companies Full List 2022 – FAI List – There are a lot of fertilizer and pesticide companies in India which are owned by the central or state government of India. Industry plays an important role in improving agricultural development and economic development of the nation. The government gives a lot of subsidies and concessions to farmers on fertiliser and pesticide products.
The fertilizer industry is growing at a fast pace by introducing innovative products and employing most modern techniques In India . Today India acts as the third largest exporter and manufacturer of nitrogen fertilizers in the world. The industry thus acts as a supplier of essential nutrients for the healthy growth of agricultural plants. The government is making efforts to develop fertilizer products through eco-friendly and pollution controlled methods.
Indian Government Fertilizer Companies Full List 2022 – FAI List
List of Government Companies in Fertilizer and Insecticide Sector
- Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizer Corporation Ltd.
- FCI Aravali Gypsum & Minerals India Limited, Jodhpur
- Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL)
- Hindustan Fertilizer Corporation Ltd.
- Madras Fertilizers Limited (MFL)
- National Fertilizers Limited
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation Ltd. (NLC)
- Paradeep Phosphates Limited (PPL)
- Projects &Development India Limited (PDIL)
- Pyrites, Phosphates & Chemicals Limited
- Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited (RCF)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- The Fertilizer Corporation of India Ltd
- The Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Limited (FACT)
There exist two fertilizer companies in the co-operative sector.
- Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Ltd.
- Krishak Bharati Cooperative Limited.
What Is Fertilizer ?
Any substance of natural or synthetic origin (other than liming materials) that is added to soil or to plant tissues to provide one or more plant nutrients necessary for plant growth is known as fertilizer. Here are some of the Major Government owned Fertilizer Companies in India.
Fertilizer Association Of India ( FAI )
- The Fertilizer Association of India (FAI), act as a representative body of the fertilizer manufacturers of the country.
- They deal with the manufacturing, marketing and distribution aspects of Fertilizer and Insecticides belonging to public, private sector or co operative sector.
- The board of directors of FAI is responsible for developing new policies and procedures for the well being and development of fertilizer industry in the country.