IAS Officer Salary After 7th Pay Commission – hello Friends Welcome to Studdyhaba.com . 7th Pay Commission Official Notification Has been Issued By Indian government .
IAS Officer Salary After 7th Pay Commission
- One of the most desired job profiles in the country; the Indian Administrative Services offer the prestige of being associated with a government job and a host of perks at the same time This article focus on IAS salary based on ranks and scale.
- In India, the different groups of government employees are entitled to receive different pay scales that directly point towards the maximum or minimum of their basic pay in accordance with their positions.
- The Indian Administrative Services or IAS officers have five scales namely the Junior Scale, Senior Time Scale, Junior Administrative Grade, Selection Grade and Super Time Scale. The salary of IAS officer is among the highest paying salaries in government sector.
- Here is a glimpse of what the Indian Administrative Officers receive as pay scales in different scales.
- 7th Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike in pay and allowances of govt employees.
- Pay will go up by 16%; increase in allowances will be 63%; increase in pension will be 24%.
- Recommendations will come into force from January 1, 2016.
- Minimum basic pay for central govt staff recommended at Rs 18,000; maximum pay Rs 2.25 lakh per month: Pay Commission.
- Pay Commission recommends 3% annual increment and 24% hike in pension for central government staffers.
IAS Officer Salary After 7th Pay Commission – IAS,IPS,IRS
Please refer to the Figure above, which is taken from the 7th Pay Commission Report..The starting salaries of all Civil Servants (Group A) are same (Pay Level 10 or Rs 56100 + DA +HRA + Transport Allowance) and goes upto Pay Level 18.
The Pay Levels are highlighted at Fourth Row. Within the same column, if you go downward, the pay for the next years are mentioned. However, IAS officers are promoted within every 4-5 years and go to the next level.
- The IAS officers get 2 extra-increment (6%) when they are Level 11,12 and 13.
- After the level 14 salaries of all officers are same.
You May Also like – IAS mains exam topper answer sheets Pdf Download
The Pay Levels for each rank are as following.
- Level 10: (1-4yrs) – ASP/SDM/ Asst. Commissioner in IRS
- Level 11: (5-8 yrs) – SP/DM/Deputy Commissioner in IRS
- Level 12: (9-12 yrs) – SSP/DM (DS in GOS)/Joint Commissioner in IRS
- Level 13: ( 13-16 yrs) – SSP/DM (Director in Government of India)/Additional Commissioner in IRS
- Level 13A: (14th yr) – DIG (No parallel Scale in IAS or IRS)
- Level 14: (16-24 yrs) – IG/Commissioner (IAS/IRS)/JS in GOI
- Level 15: ( 25-30 yrs) – ADG/Additional Secretary in GOI/Principle Secretary in State/
- Level 16: (30-33 yrs) – Additional Chief Secretary /DG/Chief Commissioner in IRS
- Level 17: (34-36 yrs) – Chief Secretary/DG/Secretary of GOI/ Principle Chief Commissioner in IRS
- Level 18: (37+ yrs) – Cabinet Secretary to Government of India
Expected Salary After 7th Pay Commission Norm
Benefits for IAS Officers
The officers are quite deservedly entitled to a series of benefits or perks including:Download India Year Book Summary PDF 2016 – RAU IAS
- Water Bills
- Official Accommodation- Bungalows with gardeners and security guards at very low rates. They get similar facilities (bungalows) while traveling for official purposes as well
- Electricity Bills
- Office Vehicles
- Phone Bills
- Government cars with red lights
- Study leave of 2-4 years in a foreign university, expenses of which are borne by the Government of India
- As per available information, salaries are paid as per 6th Pay Commission norms
Scales of IAS officers (Approx.)
IAS Officer Salary – IAS officer Promotion and Time Period on particular position
- Junior Scales (0-4 years)
- Senior Scales (4-9 years)
- ->Senior Time scale (4 years+)
- ->Junior Administrative grade (9 years+)
- Selection Grade (13 years+)
- Super Times Scale(16 year+)
- Above Super Time Scale(25 years+)
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected]gmail.com / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .