HPSC Study Material PDF In Eng & Hindi | HCS Notes Pdf Download – HPSC study material for upcoming Haryana Civil Services exam preparation. Haryana Public Service Commission conduct Haryana Civil Services (HCS) Examination every year to recruit the aspirants for the HCS, DSP, Tehsildar, and other allied services. Many aspirants are always looking for a place where they can get all the HPSC study notes for Haryana Civil Services Examination in one place. Here you Will get All Previous years Questions Papers, Syllabus, Cut Off, Important Books and How To Prepare For HPSC HCS Exam. You Will Get Study Material In Both English And Hindi medium .
HPSC Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Haryana Civil Services – HCS|
|Conducting Body||Haryana Public Service Commission|
|Mode of the examination||Online (Prelims), Offline (Mains)|
|Exam Frequency||once a year|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduate degree required|
|Language of the exam||English & Hindi|
|Exam Stages||Prelims + Mains + Interview / Personality Test|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
|Nationality||The candidates applying for the Haryana Public Service Commission Exam should be an Indian citizen.|
|Number of Attempts||The Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) Exam eligibility criteria allow the aspiring candidates to take as many attempts|
|Exam Helpdesk||0172 – 2560755|
HPSC HCS Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the HCS exam is based on three parameters including age limit, educational qualification, and physical standards.
Educational Qualifications Required for HCS
- A candidate applying for this exam must have completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Also, the candidates in the final year of their graduation degree course are eligible to apply for the exam but the date of the final year mark sheet or score sheet must be before the closing date of HCS.
- The degree certificate/ mark sheet should be provided to the candidates before the HCS closing date.
- Post announcement of the exam, candidates get 30 days to complete HCS application.
HPSC Age Limit
- Minimum Age- 21 Years
- Maximum Age – 42 years
Age for the post of DSP
- Minimum Age- 21 years
- Maximum Age- 27 years
The higher age limit for the individuals belonging to unreserved category is 42 years (excluding for DSP posts). While the minimum age required to appear for the exam is 21 years. The age of the candidate will be counted from January 1 of the exam year. There is further some relaxation in the upper age limit for the candidates belonging to reserved categories:
HPSC Application fee
|Male General category candidates of Haryana & For Male General Category candidates and all reserved categories of other states||Rs 1000/-|
|For all Females candidates of General category of Haryana only & For Female candidates of General category and all reserved categories of other States||Rs 250/-|
|For Male & Female candidates of SC/ BC-A/ BC -B/ ESM categories of Haryana only.||Rs 250/-|
|For all PwD i.e. Persons with Disabilities category candidates (with at least 40% disability) of Haryana only||NIL|
Required documents for Application:
- Mark sheet of Graduation Degree
- Graduation certificate
- Cast certificate (SC/ST/OBC) if any
- ID proof
- Family income certificate
- Age proof
- Passport size colored photograph
The selection process for Haryana includes 3 stages as given below:
- Preliminary examination- 200 marks
- Mains examination- 600 marks
- Personality Test/Viva Voce- 75 marks
HPSC Exam Pattern 2021 | HPSC Study Material Pdf
- The questions asked in the examination will be objective in nature.
- A total of two papers will be asked in the pre-examination,
- The duration to complete each paper asked in the preliminary exam will be 2 hours.
- 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The HPSC Civil Services main examination will also be held offline in the pen and paper mode.
- There are four papers in the mains examination of HPSC. While the three viz English, Hindi and General Studies will be compulsory for all. The candidate will have to choose his optional paper out of the 29 subjects provided in the subject list.
- The questions asked in the examination will be conventional and subjective in nature,
|Paper I||English (including English Essay)||100|
|Paper II||Hindi (including Hindi Essay) (in Devnagri Script)||100|
|Paper III||General Studies||200|
|Paper IV||One optional subject||200|
- As per the Haryana Civil Services Rules, the interview round carries a total of 75 marks.
- The interview will judge the candidate’s personality, his oratory skills etc. in this stage.
- The final merit list that is prepared by the HPSC is made by combining the marks of the interview and Mains exam.
HPSC Minimum Qualifying Marks 2021 | HPSC Study Material Pdf
- The Haryana Civil Services Minimum Qualifying Marks 2021 is the minimum marks that a candidate has to secure to qualify a particular paper.
- The minimum qualifying marks are decided solely by the HPSC.
- The recruitment panel considers a lot of factors to set the Haryana Civil Services Cut Off for each category.
- The candidates have to check only the marks that are prescribed for the category to which they belong to.
- If the candidate manages to secure the least marks as per the commission then he is selected.
- While for the vice versa the candidate is disqualified from the selection process.
HPSC Syllabus 2021 | HPSC Study Material Pdf
|General Mental Ability||
Important Books | HPSC Study Material Pdf
|General Science||Science and Technology for Civil Services s Examinations||Ravi P Agrahari|
|Encyclopedia of General Science for General Competitions||Experts Compilation|
|Manorama Yearly Book||Mammen Mathew|
|History||Ancient and Medieval India(New edition)||Poonam Dalal Dahiya|
|A Brief History of Modern India||Spectrum Books|
|Indian Culture||Indian Heritage, Art and Culture||Madhukar Kumar Bhagat
|Indian Art and Culture||Nitin Singhania|
|Indian Polity||Indian Polity – For Civil Services s and Other State Examinations||M. Laxmikanth|
|Constitution of India And Indian Polity For Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examinations||SG Subramanian|
|Geography||Indian and World Geography For Civil Services s Preliminary and Main Examinations||Majid Husain|
|Geography (New edition)||Rajiv Ahir|
|Indian Economy||Indian Economy For Civil Services s and Other Competitive Examinations||Nitin Singhania|
|Indian Economy||Aman Soni|
|General Mental Ability||General Mental Ability – Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability: CSAT Paper||Sachchida Nand Jha|
|General Mental Ability & Logical Reasoning Compendium For IAS Prelims General Studies Paper||Disha Experts|
|Books related to Haryana||Know Your State Haryana||Arihant Experts|
|Haryana General Knowledge||RPH Editorial Board|
|English Essay||7 Years UPSC IAS/ IPS Mains Essay Year-wise Solved Paper||Disha Experts|
|151 Essays for IAS/ PSC & other Competitive Exams 3rd Edition||Disha Experts|
|Hindi Essay||Essay ( Nibandh) for UPSC Civil Services s Exam||Nishant Jain IAS and Ganga Singh Rajpurohit IAS|
|151 Nibandh for IAS/PSC & other Competitive Exams||Disha Experts|
|Interview||Civil Services s Interview||Madhukar Bhagat|
|How to Ace Civil Services Interviews||Remya Roshni IPS (Ex.)|
Preparation Strategy for HPSC Exam 2021
- Work on your Basics – Civil Services exams mostly judge the basic concepts of the students. The first thing a candidate should do is to work on the basics of all the subjects asked in the examination. The questions are mostly framed on whatever a student has studied in his whole life. The questions are general and direct in nature so the candidates should prepare accordingly.
- Strengthen your writing skills – The mains of the HPSC is completely based on the writing skill of the candidate. It is very crucial that the candidate takes no chance when it comes to drafting meaningful essays on the latest happenings. However, while doing so they should also make sure that the grammar, writing skill and all other prerequisites are met.
- Practice the concepts – No exam can be used without proper practice be it of any level. The candidates should follow mock tests, previous year papers to practice. It is advisable to never compromise with practice. Like the more you practice, the more you will get the hold of the examination and questions asked.
- Polish your oratory skills – The Haryana Civil Services Exam is held in three stages viz Preliminary, Mains and Interview. Even if a candidate scores well in the former levels but if the interview is spoiled the candidate’s chances are disturbed. Hence, it is advisable that candidate practices speaking on his own. The candidate should start with himself, he should analyses his own life and gather maximum information. The candidate can also practice in front of a mirror to get a hold of his speaking style.
- Analyse your preparation – The last thing the candidate can do is analyzing his own preparation. This can be done by attempting mock tests and having a thorough analysis of it. The candidate can check their weak and strong areas and then work accordingly on each factor.
HPSC Admit Card 2021 : HPSC Study Material
The admit card of the HPSC 2021 exam will be issued on the official website. The date of issue of the hall ticket will be updated in the official notification by the authorities. The exam conducting is not responsible to send the admit card to all the registered candidates of HPSC.
Steps to Download the Admit Card of HPSC
- Visit the official website of HPSC
- Choose the link to the HPSC group for which you have applied
- Enter the registered login ID and password
- Now click on the link to download the HPSC admit card
- Download the admit card and check all the necessary details as the date of birth, name, gender, roll number, exam date, time, sign, exam center, candidate’s category, etc.
- Now, take out the print to carry at the exam center of HPSC. (A valid Id card is mandatory for all the candidates to carry at the exam center along with the admit card of HPSC 2021)
HPSC Result 2021 : HPSC Study Material
The authorities will issue the result of the HPSC exam on the official website separately for all the groups. To check and download the result of HPSC candidates can follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official website of HPSC
- Select the result notification from the notification section
- Click on the HPSC result notification
- Now, select and open the PDF of your group
- Enter the registration number in the search bar to check your score on the HPSC exam
- Download and save a copy of the PDF for future reference.
Haryana Civil Services Expected Cut Offs 2021
Factors affecting the Haryana Civil Services Cut Off 2021
- The first factor is the total number of candidates appearing for the examination. Although it is a state-based examination a lot of candidates apply and appear for the examination. Hence, this acts as one of the major factors for high or low Haryana Civil Services Cut Off.
- The total requirements by the commission for a particular post or the overall vacancies also play a vital role in ascertaining the cut-off. If the vacancies are low then candidates required are low thus then the cut off is high. While for the reverse situation the result is also different.
- The level of the examination paper and the difficulty level of the questions asked in the exam. If the questions asked are of easy level then the cut off is slightly high to balance the easy examination.
Haryana Civil Services Previous Year Cut Off Category-wise
HPSC FAQs : HPSC Study Material Pdf
Ques. Where can I check the Haryana PSC cut off 2021?
The cut off of the Haryana PSC 2021 will be declared on the official website of the HPSC.
Ques. Is there any need to submit the application form to the HPSC Office?
Ans. No, there is no requirement to post the online application form or any document/certificate at eth official website.