Gujarat Budget Highlights 2021-22 Pdf For GPSC 2021 Gujarati – The Budget size for the Financial year 2020-21 is ` 2,17,287cr. which is an increase of` 12472 cr. compared to last financial year 2019-20. This Budget is prepared untiringly keeping in focus the motto of SaunoSath, SaunoVikas and SaunoVisvas. The 8th budget of Government of Gujarat ranks at the top among the leading States of the country. It was expected that there would be overall surplus of `285.12 cr.in the Modified Estimates for the Financial Year 2019-20 but the surplus of `5388.52 cr.is expected in the Revised Estimatesby the end of the year due to net transactions. Gujarat Budget Highlights 2020-21 Pdf For GPSC 2020 In Eng & Gujarati
Gujarat Budget Highlights In Gujarati & English
|Document||Gujarat Budget 2022|
|Gujarat CM||Bhupendrabhai Patel|
|Finance Minister||Finance Minister Kanubhai Desai|
|Medium||English & Gujarati|
|Download link||Gujarat Budget|
Budget 2022-23 : Key Points
- Gujarat Per Capita Income Increase From Rs 19, 823 in 2002, Gujarat’s per capita today is Rs 2,04,809.
- Desai announced special initiatives for the farmers of the state, including allocation of Rs 757 crore for agricultural research initiatives.
- In his budget speech, he announced the provision of a total of Rs 7737 crore for agriculture and farmers’ welfare.
- This included the allotment of Rs 10,000 crore for providing subvention of Rs 6,000 per year to every farmer household under the Pradhanmantri Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- Subsidy of Rs 8300 crore to make agricultural connections available to farmers with subsidised power.
- Provision of Rs 2310 crore for schemes for crop husbandry.
- Rs 260 crore to provide subvention in purchasing various agricultural machinery including tractors.
- Rs 231 crore of the various projects to agriculture and allied sectors under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
- Rs 213 crore for maintenance of cows for the farmers who are engaged in organic farming entirely based on cows
- Allocation of Rs 142 crore for construction of small godowns on farms under Mukhya Mantri Pak Sangharsh Yojana
- Formation of Gujarat Prakrutik Krushi Vikas Board with the provision of Rs 100 crore for boosting organic farming in the state.
- Rs 100 crore budget for providing subvention to Agro and Food Processing units under the Sarvagrahi Krishi Vyavasay Niti.
- Rs 10 crore to promote “Sanedo”, an agricultural implement, developed by local manufacturers of the state
- The budget has also made provision of Rs 369 crore for the various scheme for horticulture under the Directorate of Horticulture.
- The announcement for animal husbandry includes Rs 300 crore for interest relief to animal keepers on short term loans and Rs 500 crore to Gaushala, Panjrapole and Trust managed institutions for the preservation of cow and infrastructural facilities in Mukhyamantri Gaumata Poshan Yojana.
- The Gujarat budget for 2022-23 has made provision of Rs 880 crore for the development of fisheries in the state.
- Finance Minister’s announcement on taxation:
- No changes in the current tax structure
- No announcement of any new taxes
- Exemption from Professional Tax on monthly salary up to Rs 12,000 15 lakh taxpayers will get this relief
- With the abolition of professional tax, the government will have to forego rs 198 crore revenue.
- Provision of Rs 12,024 crore for road transport development.
- Allocation of Rs 4100 crore for overbridges at railway crossings.
- Overbridges on 78 railway lines.
- Allocation of Rs 2440 crore for development of coastal area.
- Bagodara-Rajkot highway to be 6 laned at a cost of Rs 3350 crore
- Govt to set up 4,00,000 new houses in next year
- 4000 villages to be provided wi-fi facility free of cost
- Rs 71 crore allocated for free Wifi
- Provision of Rs 35 crore for Sabarmati River Hirpura, Vasna Barrage
- Provision of Rs 35 crore for check dams, barrage projects on rivers of South Gujarat.
- 7% annual increase in education sector budget
- Allocation of Rs 1188 crore for Mission School of Excellence Project
- Provision of Rs 12 crore for Ayurvedic college in Surendranagar district
- 4976 crore for women and child development for 2022-23
- Last year, the allocation for the department was Rs 3511 crore.
- Allocation under the Well Nourished Mother, Healthy Child Scheme
- Government’s name to provide nutritious food for 1000 days to pregnant women
- Women will be given 1kg of chickpeas, edible oil during pregnancy
- 917 crore budget for widow assistance pension scheme
- Provision of Rs 45 crore for availability of menstrual awareness sanitary pads
- Separate allocations for 90 new Khilkhilat vans also
- Provision of Rs 5540 crore for providing clean water to every household under Jal Jeevan Mission: Finance Minister Kanu Desai
- A fund of Rs 12,240 crore was allocated for the health department
- For the Department of Agriculture Farmers Welfare and Cooperation, Rs. 7737 crore: Finance Minister Kanu Desai
- Rs 4,000 crore provision for well-nourished Mata-Swasth Bal Yojana: Finance Minister Kanu Desai
Gujarat Budget Highlights 2020-21 In English
- The Developmental expenditure of the State is `133283.43 cr. which is higher by `52881.98 cr. than the non-developmental expenditure of `80401.45 cr.
Robust Revenue Trend:
- Revenue Receipts of`162447.46 cr. have been estimated for the financial year 2020-21 which are higher by 8.42 percent compared to Revised Estimates of Revenue Receipts of `149827.45 cr. for the financial year 2019-20
Focus Areas of the Budget:
- Gujarat has facilitated Ease of Doing Business under Business Reform Action Plan. This has provided unprecedented momentum to industrial growth.
- Government’s liberal incentive policy has been instrumental for attracting investment to the tune of `344000 cr. only in Gujarat out of the investment of `6,79,000 cr. recorded in India through industrial entrepreneurs’ memorandum as recently announced by Government of India.
- This forms 51 percent of the total investment. More than 43 percent of the Start Ups of the entire country
have been started in Gujarat only.
- A provision of `750cr. for intensifying agricultural research and educational programme at Agricultural University
- Under the scheme of subvention to small traditional fishermen, 50 percent subsidy of the unit cost of `1,20,000 will be provided for purchasing marine fishing boat, 2 stroke TBM and OBM engine. A provision of `9 cr. for this purpose.
- A provision of `2 cr. to provide tool subsidy for procuring safety gears for rescue operation in case of a disaster during fishing.
- Market Committee will be provided subvention to construct godownsupto 5000 MT
capacity for which, a provision of `50 cr
Micro Irrigation Scheme
- 11.51 lakh farmers of the State have adopted Micro Irrigation and yielded quality production
through economic use of water. A provision of `750 cr.
Higher Education and Technical Education.
- A provision of `200 cr. to distribute tablets under Tablet Scheme to approximately 3 lakh students getting admission in colleges.
- A provision of `7 cr. for starting School of Defense studies of Gujarat University by signing an MOU with DRDO.
- A provision of `12 cr. for introducing the course of Department of Advance Defense Technology at IIT RAM in collaboration with DRDO.
Doodh Sanjivani Yojana
- Total provision of `342cr. for providing flavoured milk through DoodhSanjivaniYojana to approximately 30 lakh beneficiaries including Anganwadi and primary school children and lactating mothers.
- Total provision of `753 cr. for 8,00,000 beneficiaries under RashtriyaVrudhdha Pension Yojana.
- The amount of monthly grant for maintenance for Vrudhdha Ashrams increased from `1500 to `2160.
Roads and Buildings
- Resurfacing of 2499 roads which were constructed before 7 years or more will be carried out at the cost of `3600 cr. For this a provision of `1436 cr.
Ports and Transportation
- 895 new buses will be inducted for making public transportation more easy and accessible.
- As these busses will be BS-6 model based, they will be environment friendly and help in keeping the atmosphere pollution free and clean. For which, a provision of `240 cr
Cottage and Rural Industries
- Under Vajpayee Bankable Yojana, Credit upto`8 lakh is given in three fields- Industry,
- Service and Trade. Provision of `411cr. to give credit to approximately 37000 beneficiaries
Development of Krishna Nagri Bet Dwaraka
- Works of 4.56 kms. long four lane Signature Bridge on Arabian Sea connecting Bet Dwaraka and Okhais in progress at the cost of`962 cr.