FATF Grey List Countries 2022 – FATF BlackList Countries List Pdf – The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) blacklist (sometimes referred to as the OECD blacklist) is a list of countries that the intergovernmental organisation considers uncooperative in the global effort to combat money laundering and terror financing. By releasing the list, the FATF hopes to encourage countries to improve their regulatory regimes and establish a global set of AML/CFT standards and norms.
The FATF also publishes a grey list, in which it determines countries that have deficiencies in AML/CFT controls, but have committed to addressing their shortcomings. Given the potential regulatory risk associated with countries not maintaining international compliance standards, financial institutions should be aware of countries with FATF blacklists and grey lists and that designation.
FATF Grey List Countries 2022 – FATF BlackList Countries List Pdf
|Organization Name||Financial Action Task Force (FATF)|
|Motive||Combat money laundering and terrorism financing|
|President||T. Raja Kumar (Singapore)|
|Vice – President||Elisa de Anda Madrazo (Mexico)|
|Executive Secretary||Violaine Clerc|
|Deputy Executive Secretary||Vincent Schmoll|
Countries List 2022 :
Pakistan has been on the FATF grey list since June 2018. Pakistan first entered the grey list in 2008, and fatf came out of the grey list and then was on it from 2012 to 2015. Since 2018, it has not been removed from FATF Gray. list. The FATF had released a 27-point action plan after placing Pakistan on the FATF’s grey list in June 2018. The action plan deals with curbing money laundering and terror financing. Fatf’s grey list includes Syria, Jamaica, Pakistan, Jordan, South Sudan. The full list of countries included in the FATF Grey List is given below.
|Countries in Grey List:
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Pakistan ( May Out From Grey List Soon )
- South Sudan
- United Arab Emirates
- Myanmar ( New Added Country In List )
List of FATF Member Countries :
The FATF has about 40 member countries and 20 observer organizations, including regional anti-money laundering bodies (FSRBs), the United Nations, the Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units, the International Monetary Fund and many other international organizations. The list of FATF member countries is given below.
|Australia||Republic of Korea|
|Canada||Kingdom of Netherlands|
|Gulf Co-operation Council||Spain|
|Hong Kong, China||Sweden|
|Italy||Indonesia (FATF Observer)|
List of FATF Observer Organization List 2022 : Latest Updated
- African Development Bank
- Anti-Money Laundering Liaison Committee of the Franc Zone
- Asian Development Bank
- Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS)
- Camden Asset Recovery Inter-agency Network (CARIN)
- Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- Group of International Finance Centre Supervisors (GIFCS)
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)
- Organization of American States / Inter-American Committee Against Terrorism (OAS/CICTE)
- Organization of American States / Inter-American Drug Abuse Control Commission (OAS/CICAD)
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
- World Bank
- World Customs Organization
- United Nations
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- United Nations Counter-Terrorism Committee Executive Directorate (UNCTED)
- The Expert Group to the Security Council Committee
- The Analytical Support and Sanctions Monitoring Team
- Security Council Subsidiary Organs Branch
- Panel of Experts to the Security Council Committee
Is India a member of fatf?
- Yes, India has been a member of the Financial Action Task Force since 2010.
Where is the headquarters of FATF?
- FATF is headquartered in Paris, France.
What is fatf’s black list?
- The FATF black list is a list of countries that are in high-risk jurisdictions and non-cooperative countries or regions (NCCTs).
- These countries support terror funding and money laundering activities.
- At present, two countries Iran and North Korea are on the FATF’s black list.
Recent Additions to FATF Grey List and Blacklists Countries 2022 :
- United Arab Emirates
Recent Removals from FATF Grey List and Blacklists 2022 :