E-Challan | Pay Challan Online (echallan.parivahan.gov.in) | Form Pdf – If any person is found breaking traffic rules while driving, he is challaned. If a traffic challan is issued, that person has to pay a penalty. According to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, the penalty depends on the type of violation. Traffic police have the power to issue challans to a person who does not follow the traffic rules. With the increasing number of road accidents, challans actually help the traffic police to ensure proper adherence to traffic rules. If the document is generated electronically through the electronic invoicing system, it is called e-challan.
What Is E-Challan?
E-Challan is a modern programming application that includes Android-based portable applications and web interfaces. E-challans are produced for transport enforcement officers and traffic policemen to give a complete reply. This app is included with vehicle and charioteer applications. It offers an abundance of features covering every single critical use of the traffic enforcement system. The e-challan was inaugurated a few days ago to give challans to people on the official app of the government. This will not only save the cost of paper but also give a wider scope to the process.
Key Points Of E Challan Status :
|About||E Challan Status|
|Name of the portal||E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Launched for||Citizens of the country|
Objective Of E-challan :
- The Government of India wants to make payment of the invoice process easier and less busy for the citizens of the country.
- So far, citizens of India who have to pay the challan have to go to the concerned office and wait for a long time outside the office to deposit the fine.
- As soon as this e-challaning method is introduced, the process of depositing this penalty will become easier for the payers.
Procedure to Check E- Challan Status :
To check the status of e-challan, applicants will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- To check the status of e-challan, applicants will have to visit the official website of the e-challan – digital traffic/ Transport Enforcement Solutions
- From the home page of the website, you need to click on the “Check invoice status” option from the menu bar.
- A new web page will appear on the screen where you have to choose “invoice number” or “vehicle number” or “DL number”.
- Then enter the selected information and then enter the captcha code show on the screen
- Click on the “Get details” option and your invoice information will appear on the screen
- Now, click on pay now option.
- Then choose your desired option to pay your invoice.
- Now generate the invoice receipt online after the successful payment. PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana 2022 Pdf | PM Kisan Yojana 2022 Latest
E- Challan Payment Mode : The Online Way
There are two ways to pay traffic police e-challans through online mode. The first is through the official website of the department and the second number is through the online payment module.
- To pay the challan you have to visit the official website of your state traffic police
- Go to the e-challan option under the Service section
- Now click on it and a new page will appear on the screen
- Enter vehicle number or invoice number (information you received)
- Now click on the search detail option and your invoice related information will be revealed.
- Click on payment options and pay by debit or credit card
- Open your Paytm mobile app or Paytm website
- After that, you have to click on more option.
- Then go to the Other Services section.
- Select the “Invoice” option
- Select the name of the traffic authority
- Enter invoice number
- Click on “Proceed” and pay the invoice.
Motor Vehicle Amendment Bill, 2019 Penalty Changes
|Type of Offence||Amount of Penalty (INR)|
|General Offence||1st time 500 & 2nd time 1500|
|Driving without Licence||5000 Rs|
|Driving illegal automobile without Licence||5000 Rs|
|Over Speeding of Vehicle||For LMV: 1000 to 2000|
|Medium Passenger or Goods Vehicle: 2000 to 4000 For the 2nd time, confiscation of driving license will happen|
|Rash Driving of Vehicles||1st Time: Police Custody for 6 months to 1 year and/ or penalty of 1000 to 5000 2nd Time: Police Custody for 6 months to 1 year and or penalty of 1000 to 5000|
|Driving under Intoxication||1st Time: Police Custody up to 6 months and ot penalty of 10,000 2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 2 years and or penalty of 15,000|
|Driving without Insurance||1st Time: Police Custody up to 3 months and or penalty of 2000 2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 3 months or and penalty of 2000|
|Seat Belt Violation||1000|
|Helmet Wearing Violation||1000|
|Not giving way to Emergency Vehicle||Imprisonment for 6 months and or penalty of 10,000|
|Accidental Related Penalties||1st Time: Imprisonment till up to 6 months and or penalty of 5000 2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 1 yer or penalty of INR 10,000|