Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019 UPSC Pdf | Nagrikta Sansodhan Bill – What is the Citizenship Amendment Bill, what happened in the Lok Sabha, why is it opposed? 10 Highlights Of The Citizen Ship Amendment Bill 2019 . Here In This Post You Will Get Full Details About Citizenship Amendment Bill .
The Citizenship Amendment Bill was introduced and passed by Home Minister Amit Shah in the Lok Sabha On Monday despite opposition . It lasted for about seven hours. Earlier, the BJP had also issued a whip to its MPS . If the Civil Amendment Bill becomes a law, Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, Parsis, Jain and Buddhism, who have come from neighbouring countries Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh due to religious persecution, will get Indian citizenship under cab.
What is the Citizenship Amendment Bill, 2019 all about?
The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2019, that seeks to give Indian nationality to non-Muslim refugees from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan passed the lower House test.
In the Citizenship Act, 1955 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), in section 2, in sub-section (1), in clause (b), the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:—
“Provided that any person belonging to Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi or Christian community from Afghanistan, Bangladesh or Pakistan, who entered into India on or before the 31st day of December, 2014 and who has been exempted by the Central Government by or under clause (c) of sub-section (2) of section 3 of the Passport (Entry into India) Act, 1920 or from the application of the provisions of the Foreigners Act, 1946 or any rule or order made there under, shall not be treated as illegal migrant for the purposes of this Act;”.
What are the new amendments?
The new bill is passed to provide Indian citizenship to the illegal migrants, who are from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan and are
|Bill Name||Citizenship Amendment Bill|
|Passed By||Indian Union Government|
|Status||Passed In Lok Sabha|
|Home Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Format||Pdf And Full Analysis Of Bill|
|Category||Bills And Acts|
Bill Background CAB 2019
- The bill was first time introduced in the Lok Sabha on 19 July 2016 and was referred to the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 12 August 2016.
- The committee submitted its report on 7 January 2019.
- The bill was passed in the Lok Sabha on the next day i.e. January 8, 2019, but the bill was not introduced in the Rajya Sabha at that time.
- As per the parliamentary procedure, if a bill gets a nod from Lok Sabha but couldn’t pass in Rajya Sabha then it will be re-introduced in both the houses.
10 Important Points | Highlights Of Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019
- The Citizenship Amendment Bill aims to grant Indian citizenship to people from six communities – Hindus, Christians, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists and Parsis.
- The bill will amend existing laws to exempt illegal migrants from select classes. Since Muslims are not included in the bill, the opposition has criticized the bill as against the secular principles enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
- According to reports, other amendments have also been made to the new bill to clearly distinguish between people who are “unlawfully entering India” and victims of religious atrocities in neighbouring countries and those seeking refuge in India.
- The bill is being contested in the northeastern states of the country, and they worry that a large number of Hindus from Bangladesh could be granted citizenship in the past few decades.
- The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill is set to be passed easily in the Lok Sabha, the lower house of Parliament, but it will not be easy to pass in the Rajya Sabha, where the central government does not have a majority.
- Congress, Trinamool Congress (TMC), Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK), Samajwadi Party (SP), Left and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) are opposed to the bill, but parties like All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) are in favour of the government when voting is held in the Rajya Sabha. can persist.
- The BJP’s ally Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) opposed the bill when it was passed in the Lok Sabha in 2016, and was also separated from the ruling coalition, but when the bill became ineffective, the AGP returned to the alliance.
- The Lok Sabha voted on the opposition’s demand for introduction of the bill and the House approved the introduction of the bill by 293 votes against 82. Opposition members, including the Congress, Trinamool Congress, demanded the bill be withdrawn, terming it as a fundamental spirit of the Constitution and a violation of Article 14.
- Home Minister Amit Shah dismissed the concerns of opposition members including Congress, IUML, AIMIM, Trinamool Congress and said the bill is nowhere against the minorities of the country and did not violate any article of the Constitution.
- Shah also said in the House that “If the Congress party does not divide the country on the basis of religion at the time of independence of the country, this bill is not required.”
What Is Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019 ? क्या है नागरिकता संशोधन बिल
- The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2019, that seeks to give Indian nationality to non-Muslim refugees from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan passed the lower House test.
- The Citizenship Amendment Bill is a bill, originally proposed in the Lok Sabha on 9 December 2019, amending the Citizenship Act of 1955.
- If the Bill is passed in the Parliament, refugees from communities, namely, Hindu, Jain, Buddhist, Sikhs, Parsi or Christian coming from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Pakistan will be eligible for Indian citizenship.
Why CAB 2019 Was Introduced In Indian Parliament ? Background
- To Amend the definition of illegal immigrant for Hindu, Sikh, Parsi, Buddhist and Christian immigrants from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh, who have lived in India without documentation.
- They will be granted fast-track Indian citizenship in six years. (12 years of residence has been the standard eligibility requirement for Naturalization.
- This Bill Will Solve Illegal Immigrants Problem In India .
Eligibility For Citizenship Amendment Bill
What Is Government Of India Stand and Criticism Of Citizenship Amendment Bill
Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019 Analsysis – Exceptions In Bill
- CAB won’t apply to areas under the sixth schedule of the Constitution – which deals with autonomous tribal-dominated regions in Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram.
- The bill will also not apply to states that have the inner-line permit regime (Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Mizoram).
How CAB 2019 Is Different From Assam NRC ?
- The National Register of Citizens or NRC that we saw in Assam targeted illegal immigrants.
- A person had to prove that either they, or their ancestors were in Assam on or before March 24, 1971.
- NRC, which may be extended to the rest of the country, is not based on religion unlike CAB.
Why So Much Opposition Of Citizenship Amendment Bill ?
- The Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019 discriminates Muslim identity by declaring India a welcome refuge to all other religious communities.
- It seeks to legally establish Muslims as second-class citizens of India by providing preferential treatment to other groups.
- This violates the Constitution’s Article 14, the fundamental right to equality to all persons.
- This basic structure of the Constitution cannot be reshaped by any Parliament.
- It Is violating Basic Structure Of Indian Constitution .
- Muslims Are Not Feeling Safe Now After Introducing This Bill .
- Also For Some Political parties Which are Using Illegal Immigrants From Bangladesh, Myanmmar And Pakistan Using As Their Vote Bank Not Happy With This Bill .
Why Assam And North East States Protesting Against CAB 2019 ?
- Illegal Immigrants Are Major Concern for North Eastern States Of India . This is a Long Pending Problem in north Eastern India . Due To Illegal Immigrants From Neighbor Countries This Region Has Face Lots Of Agitation In last Decades .
- Now Due To Introduction of New Citizenship Amendment Bill it Will Create New Problem In This Region.The citizenship bill has tried to redefine the definition of illegal immigrant and that has caused a lot of concern in Northeast.
- The biggest concern of people in Northeast is that the bill undermines the effect of the Assam Accord signed in 1985.
- According to the Assam Accord, any person who can’t prove their ancestor’s presence in India before March 24 1971 will be deemed as an illegal immigrant.
- The Assam Accord didn’t discriminate on the basis of religion.
- This Accord Was Signed After 6 Long years Agitation In Assam
- However, the Citizenship Amendment Bill has tried to change the definition of illegal immigrants and excluded religious minorities from the illegal immigrant list.
- Now Illegal Hindu Immigrants From Bangladesh And Neighbor Countries Are No More Illegal Immigrants.
What Are The Provisions For Illegal Immigrants In India ?
CAB Bill Pdf Download 2019 For Competitive Exams
You Can Download Official Document Of Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019 From official Website Of Government Of India . Link to Download Bill Is Given below
Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019 pdf
|Citizenship Bill, 2019 as passed by LS|
FAQ About Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019 | FAQ CAA Or CAB 2019 Bill Explained
Why Government Of India Implementing CAA Bill 2019 ?
- This bill Is Introduced in Parliament For Religious Minorities Which Are Facing Persecution In Muslims Majority Countries ( Pakistan, Bangladesh And Afganishtan ) .
- This Bill Will Give Them Permanent Citizenship Of India .
- According To this Bill Hindu, Christian, Buddhist, Parisis Will get Citizenship Of India .
- No Muslim And Sri Lankan Tamils Are Included In this bill .
How Many People Will Be Added In Indian Population After CAA Act 2019 ?
- As per our records, there are 31,313 persons belonging to minority communities (Hindus- 25447, Sikhs – 5807, Christians – 55, Buddhists – 2 and Parsis – 2)
- who have been given Long Term Visa on the basis of their claim of religious persecution in their respective countries and want Indian Citizenship. Hence, these persons will be immediate beneficiaries.”
Will the law only give refuge to “persecuted religious minorities”?
- While the reason for enactment of Citizenship Amendment Act is to provide a safe haven for persecuted religious minorities in the three Islamic countries, there is no mention of this phrasein the text of the act.
- The Act states that migrants of the six religions mentioned may seek citizenship without any explicit mention of the grounds for granting them this option.
- Yes This Bill Included Only Persecuted Religious Minority people.
Why So Many States and People Of India Opposing CAA Or CAB Bill 2019 ?
- There is huge Protest All Over India Especially North Eastern India, Delhi ,West Bengal Against The Citizenship Amendment bill . In this bill Specially Muslims are Excluded And Millions Of Muslims Fear That They Will Lose Their Right and Citizenship .
- Another Exercise Which Government Of India Implementing Is NRC .
How CAA Is Linked With NRC India Or Not ?
It said the CAA has nothing to do with NRC. “The legal provisions regarding NRC have been part of The Citizenship Act, 1955, since December, 2004. Also, there are specific statutory rules of 2003 to operationalise these legal provisions. They govern the process of registration of Indian citizens and issuance of national identity cards to them.
“These legal provisions have been on the statute books since last 15-16 years. The CAA has not altered them in any way whatsoever,” the Home Ministry said.
The National Register of Citizens is an exercise that will enlist all Indians citizens on a ‘national register’ by vetting their documentation. Those who fail to provide adequate documentation risk being stripped of their citizenship and sent to detention camps.
If the model followed in Assam is replicated across the country, the following documents and conditions are necessary to prove Indian citizenship and be eligible to enroll in the NRC,
List Of Document May Be Needed For NRC verification In Coming Time
- Electoral roll(s) up to Cut Off Date
- Land and tenancy records
- Citizenship certificate
- Permanent residential certificate
- Refugee registration certificate
- Any government issued license/certificate
- Government service/ employment certificate
- Bank or post office accounts
- Birth certificate
- State educational board or university educational certificate
- Court records/processes
- Any LIC policy
These documents must be dated no later than the cut-off date. If a person does not have any of these documents prior to the cutoff date, they may be able to register on the basis of any of the documents listed above belonging to their father or grandfather.
However, they will have to prove their relationship with their father of grandfather, for which they must produce any of the documents listed below.
- Birth certificate
- Electoral roll
- Ration card
- Board/University certificate
- Bank/LIC/Post office records
- Land document
- Village panchayat secretary certificate in case of married women
- Any other legally acceptable document
While the cut-off date in Assam was 1971, the nationwide NRC is expected to have a different cut-off date for the necessary documents. The rigorous requirements of this exercise could potentially affect those who do not possess the above documents as the onus of proving their citizenship is on them.
Are there really “persecuted minorities” that would benefit from this legislation?
- The Citizenship (Amendment) Act grants citizenship to the Hindus, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhist, Jains and Parsis — from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh who had arrived in India before 31 December 2014.
What are the exemptions In The Citizenship Amendment Bill Or CAB Or CAA ?
|The Bill adds that the provisions on citizenship for illegal migrants will not apply to
Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019 In Hindi
1.नागरिकता संशोधन बिल क्या है?
- जो बिल संसद से पास हुआ है, वह नागरिकता अधिनियम 1955 में बदलाव करेगा. इसके तहत बांग्लादेश, पाकिस्तान, अफगानिस्तान समेत आस-पास के देशों से भारत में आने वाले हिंदू, सिख, बौद्ध, जैन, पारसी धर्म वाले लोगों को नागरिकता दी जाएगी.
2. कैसे भारत की नागरिकता मिलना होगा आसान?
- इस बिल के कानून में तब्दील होने के बाद अफगानिस्तान, बांग्लादेश, पाकिस्तान जैसे देशों से जो गैर-मुस्लिम शरणार्थी भारत आएंगे, उन्हें यहां की नागरिकता मिलना आसान हो जाएगा. इसके लिए उन्हें भारत में कम से कम 6 साल बिताने होंगे.
- पहले नागरिकता देने का पैमाना 11 साल से अधिक था.
3. बिल पर किस बात का विरोध हो रहा है?
- इस बिल को लेकर विपक्ष ने केंद्र सरकार को घेरा. विपक्ष का मुख्य विरोध धर्म को लेकर है.
- नए संशोधन बिल में मुस्लिमों को छोड़कर अन्य धर्मों के लोगों को आसानी से नागरिकता देने का फैसला किया गया है.
- विपक्ष इसी बात को उठा रहा है और मोदी सरकार के इस फैसले को धर्म के आधार पर बांटने वाला बता रहा है.
Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019 In Tamil
1. குடியுரிமை திருத்த மசோதா என்றால் என்ன?
- பாராளுமன்றத்தால் நிறைவேற்றப்பட்ட மசோதா குடியுரிமைச் சட்டம் 1955 ஐ மாற்றும். இதன் கீழ் பங்களாதேஷ், பாகிஸ்தான், ஆப்கானிஸ்தான் உள்ளிட்ட அருகிலுள்ள நாடுகளிலிருந்து இந்தியாவுக்கு வரும் இந்து, சீக்கிய, ப Buddhist த்த, சமண, பார்சி மதத்தின் குடிமக்களுக்கு குடியுரிமை வழங்கப்படும்.
2. இந்தியாவின் குடியுரிமை பெறுவது எப்படி எளிதாக இருக்கும்?
- இந்த மசோதா சட்டமாக மாற்றப்பட்ட பின்னர் ஆப்கானிஸ்தான், பங்களாதேஷ், பாகிஸ்தான் போன்ற நாடுகளில் இருந்து இந்தியாவுக்கு வரும் முஸ்லிம் அல்லாத அகதிகள், இங்கு குடியுரிமை பெறுவது எளிதாக இருக்கும். இதற்காக அவர்கள் குறைந்தது 6 வருடங்கள் இந்தியாவில் செலவிட வேண்டியிருக்கும்.
முன்னதாக குடியுரிமை வழங்குவதற்கான அளவு 11 ஆண்டுகளுக்கு மேல் இருந்தது.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .