Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Pdf | UPSC | Objective – Under the Ayushman Bharat scheme, people get free treatment up to Rs 5 lakh annually. You can check online (Check Ayushman Bharat Hospital List) at home which hospitals are associated with Ayushman Bharat (PMJAY Update) in or around your city.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced the launch of (PMJAY) Ayushman Bharat Yojana in his Independence Day speech of the year 2018. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
(PMJAY) is a flagship National Health Protection Scheme funded by the Government of India. Ayushman Bharat Yojana subsumes the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS) and Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY) and is also known as the AB-PMJAY scheme. Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme caters not only the poor but rural families too, which is why it is economically beneficial to the poor and destitute households in rural and urban areas.
Key Highlights :
|Name of the Scheme||Ayushman Bharat Yojana|
|Launched by||Mr. Narendra Modi|
|Date of introducing||14-04-2018|
|Application mode||Online Mode|
|Start date to apply||Available Now|
|Last date to apply||Not yet Declared|
|Beneficiary||Citizen of India|
|Objective||Rs 5 Lakh health insurance|
|Type of scheme||Central Govt. Scheme|
What is The Ayushman Bharat Yojana or PMJAY Scheme?
- PMJAY is also known as Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Scheme, one of the biggest healthcare schemes that is sponsored by the Government of Inidia. Prime Minister, Narendra Modi rolled out Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana healthcare scheme with an aim to cover more than 50 crore Indian citizens and nearly 10 Crore underprivileged families without any limitations pertaining to family size and age.
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana (PMJAY) will help these households avail the bet healthcare services with insurance coverage up to INR 5 lakh for each family per year for tertiary and secondary hospitalization expenses.
Features of PMJAY: Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme
- PM-JAY is the world’s largest health insurance/ assurance scheme fully financed by the government.
- It provides a cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across public and private empanelled hospitals in India.
- Over 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable entitled families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) are eligible for these benefits.
- PM-JAY provides cashless access to health care services for the beneficiary at the point of service, that is, the hospital.
- PM-JAY envisions to help mitigate catastrophic expenditure on medical treatment which pushes nearly 6 crore Indians into poverty each year.
- It covers up to 3 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days post-hospitalization expenses such as diagnostics and medicines.
- There is no restriction on the family size, age or gender.
- All pre–existing conditions are covered from day one.
- Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country i.e. a beneficiary can visit any empanelled public or private hospital in India to avail cashless treatment.
- Services include approximately 1,393 procedures covering all the costs related to treatment, including but not limited to drugs, supplies, diagnostic services, physician’s fees, room charges, surgeon charges, OT and ICU charges etc.
- Public hospitals are reimbursed for the healthcare services at par with the private hospitals.
Benefit Cover Under PM-JAY
Benefit cover under various Government-funded health insurance schemes in India have always been structured on an upper ceiling limit ranging from an annual cover of INR30,000 to INR3,00,000 per family across various States which created a fragmented system. PM-JAY provides cashless cover of up to INR5,00,000 to each eligible family per annum for listed secondary and tertiary care conditions. The cover under the scheme includes all expenses incurred on the following components of the treatment.
- Medical examination, treatment and consultation
- Medicine and medical consumables
- Non-intensive and intensive care services
- Diagnostic and laboratory investigations
- Medical implantation services (where necessary)
- Accommodation benefits
- Food services
- Complications arising during treatment
- Post-hospitalization follow-up care up to 15 days
The benefits of INR 5,00,000 are on a family floater basis which means that it can be used by one or all members of the family.
- The RSBY had a family cap of five members.
- However, based on learnings from those schemes, PM-JAY has been designed in such a way that there is no cap on family size or age of members.
- In addition, pre-existing diseases are covered from the very first day.
- This means that any eligible person suffering from any medical condition before being covered by PM-JAY will now be able to get treatment for all those medical conditions as well under this scheme right from the day they are enrolled.
How to see your name in Ayushman Bharat Scheme List
- Visit the Ayushman Bharat Scheme website.
- The link is https://pmjay.gov.in/.
- In the upper bar on the home page, the first number is found with a thick E, which also bears the question mark.
- If you move the cursor here, it will appear with the words “AM I Eligible”.
- Click on it.
- Enter your mobile number and captcha code and click the Generate OTP button.
- You will have a six digit OTP number on your mobile, and put it in the prescribed meal.
- Then tick the small check box below and agree to share your details. Then click on the Submit button.
- If you click on Select State, the list with the names of all the states will be opened. Select the State where the residents are from.